RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making Summon Skills.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Ok, I can make all of the animations I need to make some unique summon spells.. but the problem I'm having is that say that I have a summon spell, that summons a pegasus and heals the party.  I make a custom animation of a pegasus swooping down and casting a heal spell, and then he flies off.  The problem I'm having is that while you target the party the onlky things that happen are sound effects and screen flashes..   I tried making a common event with the enemy being hit, and then if there are multiple enemies on the screen it plays the animation two or three times, and the party text that their hp doesnt appear..

My question is this..  How do you show a battle animation of a spell that targets your party, and only once, (if you have 4 actors the animation will play 4 times, which is not cool.  Just want it played once, and heal the entire party.)

Rep:
Level 82
I may be wrong since I've rarely got around to making such skills, but for RPGMakers, there's a way to make the animation globally (whole screen) instead of showing the animation locally (for each sprite) by changing the scope or position of the animation.

2003 - Set Scope to global.
XP - Set Position to Screen.
VX - Same as XP, set Position to Screen.

I put the above 3 versions since I don't know which you are using (should state it really, it is in the sticky threads on the Tutorials forum).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Yes, I've set the position to screen (using VX) and the animation only plays the screen flashes and sound fx. :-/

If I use a common event it will heal the characters first, and then play the animation..  which I think is botchy and unprofessional..  Does anyone have any other ideas?