RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Quest

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
The Skinny:
You hop off a horse drivin train.
The gaurds are waiting for you.
You rip threw them like nothing cuz your the hero, Ex first class elite from a group of conglomerants knowen as "The Company".
With your team you storm into the facility, Turn the power off, and set a massive explosive.
You barley escape with your life as you flee the burning building that once stood.
This is your quest.
And it's only just begun...

The System:
Aside from using the powerfull RPGmakerVX system as the base of operations, this game has also a TON of extra scripts by lots of talented scripters.
Everything from a customizable "Materia"-like magic system, to Side battle views with backgrounds and other graphic effects, Custom menus, and even the mode7 2.5D system giving the world map that "almost" 3D feel.

Whos working on it:
Myself ,aenima85, along with a team of video game players, creators, and expert testers on my side.
If you are at all interested in helping this project i'd suggest that you have a massive understanding of the RGSS2 system otherwise, no offense, we don't need you as all other positions have already been filled.

Release date?:
Whoaa slow down there kids.
This isn't some project you made in your basment over a summer vacation, This game has been in the works for over 5 years now and is still going to take alot more time,

Well how far along are you guys then:
Without giving to much away, I can tell you this...
Most of the advanced scripting is done. There is still a few tweaks and extra scripts i'll probly implament but the core system is finished.
The story has already been writtin and maps are drawn y hand and only need to be implamented and event coded.
In otherwords hold on, A demo will be relased in the next few months to come.

Need any help?:
If your actually reading this you already know the answer but i'll tell you again.
Not unless you have advanced RGSS2 know how. And i mean you could write a script in your sleep kinda thing not steal it lol :P

Anything else we should know?:
Keep posted. Everything is falling intoplace even faster then id imagine now that the script system is up.
All scripts that are used from other sources WILL get credited so no worrys guys, youll get your ups for these cuz there some of the best scripts I've seen and you deserve to get the reconition for them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:41:51 AM by aenima85 »

RMRK Junior
Here are a few screen shots of some of the main scripts so far for all you looky-lo's.
Please keep in mind these are subject to change.

Shop Menu Screen

Main Menu Screen

Materia Equip Screen

World Map

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I'll withhold judgment till there's a bit more posted about the project, but in short it's a FFVII fan-game or nod?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
you're not really using Ralph, Ulrika, and Bennett are you?

RMRK Junior
I'll withhold judgment till there's a bit more posted about the project, but in short it's a FFVII fan-game or nod?

In some sorts yes.. but recreating the exact engine on VX is a little much for my little team lol. But were going to try to implement as much as possible from the original. at the moment the Chocobo vehicle system is working and im working on the catching/breeding function right now. and then after that its off to program gold saucer type mini games lol. still lots of work but its coming along nice. also when I complete the engine I will be making it available for people interested in making a FFVII fan game.

you're not really using Ralph, Ulrika, and Bennett are you?
Haha no worries there. I just haven't got that far into making the engine yet.
Scripts and mini games first. Esthetics after ;)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
>ff7 fan game
>start it exactly like ff7

Rep:
Level 69
I think it's more interesting to employ the components of a game you love into your own unique game, otherwise it's better just to bust out the old game console and play it again.

RMRK Junior
I think it's more interesting to employ the components of a game you love into your own unique game, otherwise it's better just to bust out the old game console and play it again.

See you have the right idea and thats suppose to be the point of this game in a sense.
The reason why i'm makings this is because, in my opinion, FFVII had the best system of any rpg I've ever played in my life :D
So in turn this game is designed to make you pull out your old copy of FFVII cuz you start to remember just how great the game really is.
And then, with a little luck, maybe we can convince the creators to make a proper rebuild.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
So pretty much you want us to look at your game and say, "I wanna play Final Fantasy VII, what was I thinking downloading Quest?"