RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Something not really working well.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm making my own evented battle system. It works great when in one clean project, and not at all when I bring it into my current project with all my resources and scripts. I have it so that a Common Event checks to see when a button is pressed and if it is, then it does the swinging animation and checks to see an enemy's position. But the button isn't working in my current project. Can scripts cause that, and is there a way around it without getting rid of all of my scripts and starting over?

Rep:
Level 83
Project of the Month winner for March 2010
If it’s not like 50 Scripts or so, my suggestion is to start over a new project with that Common Event active, then copy and paste your Scripts from your project by groups of 3 or 4 (even less): keep testing. At least this will help you finding the Script that is not compatible with that Common Event. Once you’ve found it you can either get rid of the Script or change it to be compatible with your battle system.
Current Project:

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
I cant see from here but I smell your fear
have you tried changing the database id numbers for the common events or even the switch's and variables that you may be using maybe one of the scripts use the same id number and that's whats throwing  things out of whack

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
It'll be nice if we can have a demo of said project so I can check it out (it's reaaally hard to tell right now) but try getting a screenshot of the script editor so we can see the list of the scripts you're using? Maybe you used a script that affects the keyboard or in the clean one you used a script and didn't transfer it over, etc.