RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Battle Flow Chart?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
I often get lost in the code. It sometimes takes days to sort out where an action is coming from.

I was hoping someone could come up with a flow chart, or set of flow charts explaining the start to finish of various actions in battle. I think this would be tremendously helpful. I was going to start working up such a thing this week with hand drawn boxes colored with markers.

Here's an example of a typical problem:

From the time the battle screen loads, to the time your first actor successfully attacks and it moves on to the next actor, enemy, or combat round, what's happening? What classes and methods are being used and in which order?

This kind of flow chart would be useful for changing the way battle works or for expanding new options.