RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Scripter for hire.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hey, I am a skilled scripter, and I find myself with time on my hands lately.

I know how difficult it can be to try to find someone to create a script for you, especially some of the trickier scripts to write.  As such, I'm offering my services for a low, negotiable price.  Simply PM me what you want written, and I will give a price, and timeframe estimate. No job too small.

I can do anything from small menu modifications, to entire custom battle scripts.  I can work in both RGSS2 and RGSS, though all of my samples are in RGSS.

Some things I have done, so you can gauge the quality of my work.
I was incharge of the pathfinding, and mouse controls for the game Vastar.  I would charge $75 for something like this, a commercial project, company has released games in past, writing a VERY extensive new pathfinding class, writing an extensive mouse cursor class, modifying nearly every menu and the combat system to use the mouse.
I've created a new semi-vancian spellcasting system to replace the MP casting system. More info.
I've written a player customizable battle AI. More info.
I've created a custom inventory system.  Sadly, I don't have a link to this anymore.
An automatic resource cleaning script, it helps remove unused resources from a game, to shrink filesize.  More info.

I'll accept most forms of payment, including bitcoin.

As far as price goes, I will take many things into consideration, including project difficulty, length, how likely the game is to actually be completed (I will charge less if it appears the game will actually be completed), whether the game will be free or cost money, and the finances of the commissioner.

Price, and terms are negotiable.  Send a PM today!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:41:28 AM by pidey »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Those are all for XP. You seem like an incredible scripter, but can you work in RGSS2 for VX? Have you ever? Can you show us examples of your work then?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
Apologies for the wall o' text. I'm the kind to put in my thoughts with things like this.

Like Pacman says, it'd be good to specifiy which platforms you're able to script for, as well as some example prices - you can use what you've created to provide a rough estimate of what you'd ask for.

On another note though: I'm not really too sure how willing some people will be to pay for scripts though. Perhaps those adventurous script requests that come in that are simply too much work and hassle for a random unpaid scripter to work on will be profitable.

And don't forget that there are users here who aren't even 16. It'd be nice for that to be considered in your pricing too (since you haven't provided any tariff examples I have no idea what 'low price' may mean). The main reason being that it's not too fair (or just morally right to me) to be asking for payment from a kid who is simply playing around with the idea of being an RPG/Game developer but has some pretty interesting/intuitive/creative ideas they want help with.

Whilst I have nothing against being paid for the time spent on scripting (I know I wouldn't mind sometimes) it's nice to make sure people are aware that they should only pay up where they are pretty serious about getting their game out in the public domain. Spending even $10 on a project that's going to collapse next week should be considered properly.

That's just my two cents and a little bit of advice that can be taken up or ignored. I just like to make sure people are aware of certain things, especially when it can involve younger people who may not be quite as business savvy as others. That, and there's a lot of contractable issues involved here that could probably be used for/against people making requests. So if anyone is unsure about anything, they should probably seek a second opinion from someone (preferably in real life like parents/friends, though I'm sure the mods here will gladly offer their input).

That's, of course, is if the mods/admin here are happy for you to offer paid services on the forum too. You should ask them if you haven't yet.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Pacman,

RGSS and RGSS2 are near-identical.  Sure, there's a few differences, but windows are called the same way, they use the same syntax, and are both essentially ruby with a few modifications.

To answer your question:  I have worked in RGSS2, I have a half-finished battle system I was making for someone, when they vanished.  I know enough to know what is different between RGSS and RGSS2, and more importantly, what is the same.

LoganForrests,

I am hesitant to offer a blanket price, as many things that a layman would think easy are very difficult, and many things a layman would think difficult are very easy.  This can cause conflicts, which is why I try for pricing to be as personal as possible, however, for example, I charged US$50 for the vastar job, which was a complete pathfinding system, as well as mouse usage on map, combat, menu, and field.  In hindsight I should have charged $75.  But many things will be taken into consideration for pricing.  I am taking into consideration if the game will cost money, how likely the project is to come to fruition (a completed project is a good resume stuffer, and is worth more to me than one that just pays me and vanishes), the difficulty of the task, the extent of the task (some things are easy, but tedious).   I will edit my post to reflect this.