RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Springtime for RMRK: New RPG Maker projects, scripts, resources, and newsletters

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
RPG Maker Resource Kit May Recap

~Scripts~
~Resources~                   ~Projects~
~Troublemaking Arthropods~

Highlights

• :) GIAW VII has just concluded and produced another round of excellent games we can look forward to
  • :) Stencyl has launched! Does this mean Duke Nukem Forever is real too?
  • :) Enterbrain is selling a new Samurai RTP
  • :) Arlen has started a Musician Networking Thread and generously offers to critique your music if you join
  • :( Blowout City has floundered due to a lack of community engagement
  • :( Pockethouse, home to Yanfly and other wonderful scripters, went down
  • :) Members of RMRK have generously hosted many of the Pockethouse scripts so that these excellent scripts do not fall victim to disuse
  • :) The Archives have been revamped and now only feature topics and events you want to read
  • :) Roph is awesome!
  • :( Arrow has fooled us all, recently revealing himself to be a massive camel in disguise, fleeing from the authorities in his native Uzbekistan

Project of the Season

RMRK has been around since RM2k3 and has a long history of being home to some of the most distingushed and talented amateur game designers in the RM World. The new(ish) Project of the Season award exists to recognize the extraordinary talent of these individuals. Play your part by voting for the Project of Summer 2011

Recently Finished Projects

An intriguing story, fun gameplay elements and nice graphical flourishes all colluded to create Forever's End. The cliches may be somewhat rampant, but this game reminds you why they became cliches in the first place. Overall, this is a wonderful example of RM2k3 at its finest.

New Scripts

Feature: PAC Engine

Containing over 30 utility scripts and still being updated, this engine adds a number of neat new features that really add a degree of polish to any game. From bigger enemy troops to randomized title and gameover images, it is almost guaranteed that a few of these scripts will come in handy.

New Resources

Your favourite monsters from Final Fantasy 8, redrawn completely from scratch in a very appealing style. There are already two packs done and more to come.

New Tutorials & Event Systems

New Projects

While it says New Projects, it does not refer to the new projects section itself. Rather, this section is for highlighting new games that came in this month that have met the requirements to be moved into the regular projects board. It may also include games that have had significant updates, such as a new demo.

With over 100 new pokemon and a playful style evocative of the best Pokemon games, this GIAW VII title promises to be quite wonderful already, and this is only after one week of work on it.

Want to Help?

I am looking for anyone interested in writing a new Community Update section, and any Non-RMVX Game Maker News sections of the Newsletter. If you are interested and have a suitable knowledge of any of those areas, please volunteer in this topic and I will select whoever I think is best suited for the job. Also, if you can think of any other section or subsection that you'd like to write and that you think would make sense to be included in the newsletter, then feel free to suggest it. Also, I did this pretty rapidly, so if anyone notices something I missed, please point it out to me.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:52:32 PM by modern algebra »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Wait what? Camel? I know he humps a lot, but really?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

THEY'RE ONTO ME

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Oh my grad I got a feature ^_^
There's a message system coming up for PAC too. Yays.
Not sure if you did so intently, but you didn't include hiromu's Witchtooth.
Good stuff, RMRK.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:33:42 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Witchtooth is still in New Projects. Despite the confusing name, the New Projects section of the newsletter is reserved for games with substantial content (ie enough to get them moved out of the actual New Projects board). Witchtooth will get into the newsletter once hiromu uploads a demo.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know