RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AudioPear

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
AudioPear

So! I found a work-in-progress website that could be very useful to the people here at RMRK. And by found... I mean I'm in the middle of making it. The website is called AudioPear, and it's basically a music sharing website. Except... more than that. The music here is completely original. That means any of you music artists out there looking for a place to put your music, this is a place to go. The music must belong to you, and you will be paid a large percentage of all the profit made from your music. Yes, the music is for sale. It's not free. You must pay.

So what makes AudioPear different from, say, iTunes, says the little voice in the back of my head? Well, aside from the whole, "all music is original" bit, there is an online order form for music. How does this work? Simple. You fill out the necessary criteria on the form, and it is sent to one of the AudioPear composers (NOW HIRING!), who writes the music for you. The music is then sent directly to you. You only pay for the music once you receive it.

A very specific aspect of this order form is a little check-box labelled "private." You see, all music on the site is posted to the online catalogue. This includes ordered music. However, if you check that little box labelled "private" on the order form, you, and you alone, will receive the music. It will not be posted to the catalogue, making the music yours. It costs more to check this box, but it's great if you want the music in your game/project/whatever to be your music, and your music alone.

So basically, AudioPear contains original music you can buy, you can upload your own music for profit, and you can order original music online for your own use. There is also another option for a VIP account, which entitles you to 10 free songs, and the rest of them half off for the rest of the month. This account is $10.00 a month. Anyone can upload, buy, or order music, but they must have at least a free account.

Unfortunately, this site is not yet finished. The expected release date is: Pending
Date is subject to change.

I'll be posting updates here on a fairly regular basis, so check back often.

By the way, we are hiring for positions in customer support, as well as positions for composers.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section, but they are more likely to be answered if you just PM me. I may not get back right away, however. Feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: So development of the site is currently down, as a result of financial issues. Progress will resume at the earliest opportunity.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:15:50 PM by Strak »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It seems like a neat idea, but generally speaking, commercial ventures haven't often taken off in the RM community. Good luck though.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
It's more just... well, it's a resource. Thought I'd let people know about it before hand.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...