RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
hello, new here and nee some help with XP

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior

Hey guys I'm new here, I'm also fairly new at Xp also, but i have an awesome idea for a game (i would post the link to the blog, but i don't think that's allowed)
Sorry if these are already there, I dont recall seeing them, but i was pretty tired, ill look again and edit it i find what i need.

I have a few requests, if they already exist. I need a few scripts or tutorials that do these things:
Guns needing ammo:

I want to have about 30 different guns and ammo, some guns will use the same ammo, every time the player uses there gun it expends a round (some guns may expend multiple rounds like an SMG of some kind), if the player does not have the appropriate amount of ammo or any ammo at that matter, the game will allow them to open there equip screen and pick a different weapon (melee or otherwise)

Breakable Melee weps

I am trying to make the emphasis of my game to be survival and that your in a ruined world, so guns will be rare same with ammo, but causing alot of damage, but more reliable, where as there will be lots of melee weps (about 40 or so) Melee will cause less damage, but be much more common to find, and they can break after attacks, if the weapon breaks, it allows the players to equip another wep.

Weight system (so the players can only carry so much)

I want this to go hand in hand with the guns needing ammo and melee breaking, not so much as weight, but more like limited space, they can only carry 10 items at any given time or something, making them have to weigh there options, "Do i want to take these bullets (have it to where 20 rounds will take 1 slot or something) for my 9mm, This broom handle with a knife on it, this water (health with other benefits) or this piece of bread (Health), I only have 1 more slot open"

a Way for the player to change equipment in mid battle, if they run out of ammo or something.

Pretty much for the reasons stated above. The game i want to have a Risk reward feel to it, "hmmm i been using this bat with nails for a while, its probably going to break soon, do i keep it, or scrap it and take a different weapon."

Different sell price then buy price.

I think the game always buys for 1/3rd the price, I want merchants to buy things extremely low, like 1 or 2 salvage (my money system), and they sell the same thing for 30-40 salvage each.

Also something similar to 2k3 battle system:
This is another one thats the least of my concerns, i like the timed side view battle system, or something to keep them on there toes and involved in the battle at all times, if nothing els, battle backgrounds, so if your in a ruined city, theres a ruined city in the mackground.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I can edit if you all need more detail, this is the best way i can thing to describe it

do these scripts exist? If not would anyone be willing to help me out. The game im looking to make is a post apoc world over run my zombies (there is more to the story then this, but this is the biggest just) I do not have any knowledge in scripting sadly, i got my inspiration from a plot i always wanted to do, and a video of a game i was that a guy made from 2k3, t looked sweet, and i originally wanted to do it in 2k3, but it would involve thousands of variables and switches, and that before i dd chests and normal events in game. if i find the game name, ill post the name of it, im looking now. I guess i can do without these things, but there something i would REALLY like to have in my game, it really fills out the feel im looking for.

also here is my title screen http://reanimatedexistence.tumblr.com/phot...2r36lkHe1qkf8gy i need a opening menu that would look good with it, preferable in the lower left corner, i dont know how to change that.

Now i just need a good place to get Ruined city tiles and apoc tilesets, and some good sprites.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Well I actually had a huge bit prepared but the stupid site refreshed on me outta nowhere and deleted it so...

I'll put it simple.
No one is going to make an SBS for you for free. It's a HUGE hassle.
Do your research and prepare to be blown away by the amount of work it takes to configure a SBS. I suggest Atoa's aniamted SBS or Charlie Fleets FFX SBS. You can find them both by searching on yahoo or google.

As for your other scripts, I am almost completely sure they've ALL been done before. You can more than likely find them here:
http://www.hbgames.org
http://www.rpgrevolution.com
http://www.save-point.org
http://www.chaos-project.com
and of course the script section here.

Just do a little looking around before making such an insane request. There's a HUGE amount of resources and scripts out there for rmxp. You just have to know where to look. If you are at all serious about making an rmxp game, I suggest spending 1~2 weeks on simply looking for the resources you 'think' you're going to need. Also, do go checking through the different language versions of yahoo for rmxp content. Each one will come up with different results. I find that the french, spanish and japanese versions come up with quite a bit of rmxp content. I can't remember the name but between 2 french websites I saw, I found roughly 2~2.5k resources. Quite a few frankensprites of course but lots of useful little bits that you won't find anywhere else.

I do wish you luck on your game, of course and welcome to rmrk.net.

RMRK Junior
thx man,

i did do alot of research, but for some reason im having difficulty finding what i need... especially tilesets and sprites that fit what i need, all the ones i found are for fantasy themed, none apoc theme.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Zanyzora has a lot of modern styles tilesets for rmxp and I know for sure that most of the futuristic content for rmvx was derived from RMXP content so it shouldn't be too difficult to find that stuff.

Also I suggest looking at Sithjester's character sprites. He has a lot of modern type characters there that you can use. Just be sure to credit him of course.

As far as battlers go since you're shooting for an apocalptic game, I can't really help you. I would shoot for horror styles monsters but it's difficult to find side-view battlers for that since most post-apoc games have action battle systems.

I'll start adding some suggestions as I find them if you need. I'm actually VERY good at looking for resources. (Master resource finder here :P I've been doing this for roughly 7 years lol.)

Just pm me with what you want resource wise and I'll see if I have anything on my comp or in favs that I can dig up.

RMRK Junior
Zanyzora has a lot of modern styles tilesets for rmxp and I know for sure that most of the futuristic content for rmvx was derived from RMXP content so it shouldn't be too difficult to find that stuff.

Also I suggest looking at Sithjester's character sprites. He has a lot of modern type characters there that you can use. Just be sure to credit him of course.

As far as battlers go since you're shooting for an apocalyptic game, I can't really help you. I would shoot for horror styles monsters but it's difficult to find side-view battlers for that since most post-apoc games have action battle systems.

I'll start adding some suggestions as I find them if you need. I'm actually VERY good at looking for resources. (Master resource finder here :P I've been doing this for roughly 7 years lol.)

Just pm me with what you want resource wise and I'll see if I have anything on my comp or in favs that I can dig up.

Thx man. What do you mean action battle systems? cause id rather not have a traditional battle system, but like i said i dont know what im going too much outside of standard non scripted games. even that im new too... i know i have set my goals high for someone whos new to the system, but its just something im working on right now. i have several tilesets right now, but sadly i dont know whos they are, the place i got them from didnt list the sources eh just said they are not his.

This is all a learning process for me, and its a game i always wanted to make (story and plot wise anyways)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
At the very least, post that the author is unknown and give credit to: Unknown
That way when you do release your game and someone looks through what you have, they might be so kind as to point you in the right direction.

By action battle system I mean instead of entering a battle process you would fight sprites on the map by clicking keys to shoot guns, swings swords, etc etc like in the old Zelda Games.

For active type battle systems, the best I've seen comes from XAS. It's not too hard to configure. I never had the drive for single character RPGs so action battle systems don't suit me well. It's very flashy, I'll tell you that much.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, you can also post them on the forum before you release your game and simply ask if anyone knows who made them. A lot of resources are recycled so there will probably be users who knows where they came from.

RMRK Junior
Yeah, you can also post them on the forum before you release your game and simply ask if anyone knows who made them. A lot of resources are recycled so there will probably be users who knows where they came from.

Thx ill do that when I'm done b 4 i wright the end credits, because since i cant make my own sprites and/or tilesets i do want who ever made them to get there credit

Also stupid question, is there anyway to integrate a menu to map keys to a gamepad, for people who wanna play with one?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:11:19 AM by WolfVonhinslik »