RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eternal chaos

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
DigitalSoul from chaos project forums brandedsoul on these forums has helped me with my story

Yukoo Saruto and Ken are hero's in training. One night, Yukoo had a "dream" that his home kingdom was being destroyed by the Dark Emperor Otomo Makoto. He soon finds out that it was no dream, and, he and Ken start off on a long journey in an attempt to stop Otomo. They end up meeting new friends, and enemies along the way. One such friend is Sarah, who happens to be a white mage, aligned with the light powers. She joins them for the remainder of the journey, governed by her vow to destroy all darkness beings. After a while, they finally arrive at the palace of Otomo, and following a great battle, lasting for two days, Otomo has defeated the trio, and is about to destroy them completely, when Sarah uses the last bit of her strength to transport the three of them to a random forest nearby, barely saving their lives. With Yukoo not even half alive, Ken is forced to absorb Yukoo into his own being. This also forces Ken to relive Yukoo's past, and allows him to access Yukoo's memories and power. This is where the adventure begins..

there will be a number 2 to this game

features blizz abs or xas if i can figure it out

slipknots message system not sure if spelled right

mog menu

mode 7

screen shots

http://imageshack.us/g/827/capturefpbg.png/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:05:06 PM by saruto234 »

Rep:
Level 84
Screenies broken.

hmm let me fix

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
the evil emperor demands all subjects speak in run on sentences.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, to be honest, I didn't even read it. I might've, if the screenies worked.

EDIT: The screenies are now in a separate link. I looked, and was disappointed. Maps are way to empty and bland.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I read it, it's not a bad premise, it just needs some periods.

edit: hahahaha
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:52:26 AM by Strike Reyhi »

bump story fixed

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
You'd think that even with a 'white mage' i'm guessing that's a sort of cleric, maybe - two average teenagers wouldn't be able to nor have the drive to go and fight an Emperor. I mean, most emperors come with armies, if they're willing to go off and fight an army, i'd say they aren't quite average.

And I don't know where to find the screenshots.

I removed them because they sucked im making them better.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Well, you only made like 2 edits from my original version of it =D thanks for giving credit where it's due. You would be surprised how many people don't give credit for these types of things.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Well, you only made like 2 edits from my original version of it =D thanks for giving credit where it's due. You would be surprised how many people don't give credit for these types of things.
but of course i give credit when its due ;)

bump updated screen shots :)

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I'm not the best mapper around, however I feel those areas are a tad too open.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I second that: your maps are very open. If you can't add enough details, just decrease the size; that's the answer to many mapping problems.

And sorry to be picky, since I caused the previous story change (i believe i did), but what is a "hero in training" is that a type of program? ( Like S.H.I.T Super Heroes in Training) Does everyone know that they are heroes, and what defines a hero for these people. I suggest going the simple route and saying they're patriotic dudes who know how to use a weapon

well saruto is rich so i make his house big and does anybody know where i can find a good tileset for a shop??

Rep:
Level 69
Lirrian Knight
Without offending your work too much your mapping is terrible. This is your first game right? I've been working with RXMP for 4 years and have only just decided to make a game which i want to release, judging from your map work im guessing you don't know how to use switches etc which are the basics of the game.

Look up some tutorials on Youtube they helped me! Heres a starter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wxRmziVKWk
Discover Lirra - Lirra.yolasite.com

I've been working with rmxp for 6 years but yeah this is my first game if the maps had more detail they wouldn't suck im just the mapper type that needs detailed tile sets for good maps not this crappy default stuff

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's not the tilesets, or the detail. Those indoor areas are way too big, and the trees in that forest are all the same and evenly spaced. When you make an outdoor map, you should randomize the trees to make it look natural. Looking at other maps and watching tutorials helps.

Here's a good indoor example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMxXx_22FXg

Here's a forest tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtszFR7yY94&feature=related

Rep:
Level 69
Lirrian Knight
I've been working with rmxp for 6 years but yeah this is my first game if the maps had more detail they wouldn't suck im just the mapper type that needs detailed tile sets for good maps not this crappy default stuff

I think the default maps are pretty good, if each one was a bit bigger and provided some stuff from different tilesets they would be perfect in my opinion. I just wanted to give you feedback anyway, because i would encourage people to tell me if my game didn't look up to scratch. The video above is like the standard for interior mapping, your maps cover all the screen and don't look as good and the player will spend most of their time walking from one side to the other instead of actually playing the game.
Discover Lirra - Lirra.yolasite.com

yeah well i fixed them again now much better check them out ..

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's somewhat of an improvement, but you're still making the rooms too big. You don't have to fill the entire screen up for an indoor area. With the forest, try overlapping the trees using different layers, and adding some grass, foliage, rocks, or other nature things.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
I know this is RMXP, but here's an example of my interior from my RMVX project:

Spoiler for:

Depending on the outside of your buildings (with some suspension of belief) you generally want to give them just enough space. I know RMXP has bigger dimensions and everything, but try scaling it the interior to "just enough" space unless it's a large residence like say, a place where multiple families live.