RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Witchtooth {VX} [Full Game] (V1.1)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I thank you all for the kind words, I've already begun work on a second project (as Grace of Vil gathers dust), I doubt I'll be presenting it anytime soon, but hopefully I'll be able to keep this game updated as I work. I hope Witchtooth is enjoyable.
Now it's time to get a new signature.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I wonder when someone will jump out and say "WITCHTOOTH 2!!!!"

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dude! This is really entertaining! I like he tilesets you have used for the interiors. Where did you get the music from? I like that too; it reminds me of the SNES sound palatte.

The maps... were nice, I could see how you went about constructing them for your purposes in the combat areas, but in the civillian areas I was a litle confused as to where your mapping was going- I guess I'm used to more open maps. Still, all that being said, not bad.

I was drawn in from the beginning, probably because of the well constructed dialogue and inviting themes. I also was very appreciative of the auto-saves at critical points!

It's good. I like to play it, and that's about the best any of us can expect to hear from our games. Well done, dude!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:21:18 PM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks a lot man.

I know what you mean about the city areas, I really dislike making those kinds of places, it just kinda feels repetitive to make multiple cities, like I'm going down a checklist of everything I need to place inside. But I'll get the hang of making better cities eventually, for now I'm just glad someone's enjoying the game.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I am indeed!

You know, sometimes a good idea starts with rote, going down a list of things you need to do. It's not so much a formula as it is technique. There was this painter on TV, Bob Ross, who would paint these lovely outdoor scenes in 1/2 an hour on PBS. He said that even though we always start with the sky, then the ground (so forth and so on) it was only to prepare the canvas for our creativity. There were no mistakes, just happy accidents.

Yes, towns DO get boring, they need to have certain elements in them unless something odd is going on, and it IS a challenge to dress those elements in different clothes every single time- but I think that if you make every town like a place you'd want to visit, you can't go wrong.

Now... to find out what's up with that girl's horn...

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I love Lin... SO much... I might draw Rolan X Lin...
And about the town thing, Pokemon games are a prime example of how amazing towns can be in a game. Take Pokemon Black and White for example. Nuvema town is reassuring, Castelia City is exciting, Nimbasa City is a town I'd love to live in in real life, and that town near the Giant Chasm has GREAT music.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
@skaraflame
 I'm glad you're liking her. Although I kinda feel like I didn't put enough character to character moments into the game, I hope that doesn't begin to affect your opinion. But anyway, it's my life goal to complete a Pokemon game... I honestly haven't played a single one for more than an hour. I should probably check out those cities when I eventually do.

@EvilM00s
That's a nice way of thinking about it. PBS must have some pretty snazzy shows then? Last time I watched that channel was while I watched Mr.Rogers (a long time ago)

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
@skaraflame
 I'm glad you're liking her. Although I kinda feel like I didn't put enough character to character moments into the game, I hope that doesn't begin to affect your opinion. But anyway, it's my life goal to complete a Pokemon game... I honestly haven't played a single one for more than an hour. I should probably check out those cities when I eventually do.

@EvilM00s
That's a nice way of thinking about it. PBS must have some pretty snazzy shows then? Last time I watched that channel was while I watched Mr.Rogers (a long time ago)

I have 646 Pokemon in Black, and I've seen 648 :P
Black/White's story is SO amazing, seriously, after you get to Nacrene City you won't be able to put it down. It's not like other Pokemon games where you can't put it down until a certain point, I can just never put Black down, it dragged me in from the start.
Lacunosa was the place I was thinking of with great music.

But yeah, I'm tied up with other commitments so I haven't played much of Witchtooth (I'm up to Andale). I got up to the bit with all the other witches in the test version.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's alright, take your time with it. I'd like for anyone that plays the game to take it slow, there's a lot of stuff scattered about that can be pretty interesting.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Sidequests are pretty interesting too. You're REALLY good at this whole thing.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I try to put in an hour if I can cram that into my own project schedule. With all the deadlines I enforce on myself as of late, and with the responsiobilities of running a family it's tough, but I find time. Still very enjoyable so far!

I plan to write a reveiw of this game when I am finished with it.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
A pretty big update is coming pretty soon. I will be focusing on balancing the battle system a bit and adjusting a few other sliders here and there. I was also told about bugs around the game, so this update will be put out as soon as possible.

I'm sure all save files will be fine after the update.

The current game has been removed, once the update is complete I will put it back up.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:01:10 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The game has been updated, grab the new file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lj6fembpfcw4cwz

Copy your save files into the new Folder and you're good to go.

This Patch Does the Following:
- Fixes a missing audio error in The Scribe Base
- Adjusts enemy gold drop
- Increases all party members' base DEF
- Adjusts enemy base ATK
- Adds 2 new weapons dropped by enemies
- Increases the damage output based on SPI of Lin's Dim spell
- Increases Lin's base ATK
- Increases Chester's base ATK
- Decreases some boss EXP drops
- Increase Sidequest EXP rewards
- Decreases Talis' base DEF
- Increases DEF bonuses of Heavy Armor
- Decreases SPI bonuses of Heavy Armor
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:42:50 AM by hiromu656 »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Blargh... well, Isuppose it's a good thing that I haven't quite gotten to playing, then. I'm keeping an eye open!

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Fabulous. Downloading it now.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Don't feel too bad about it, but there's a glitch in the game where you can get the level 4 lin back by entering the alley way after losing her in the forest.
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Have you gotten the newest version?

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
I'm stuck in the game, after Lin got back her powers. They talk about that now they have to find Norton and defeat him, but I cannot find him anywhere. Nor I cannot get access to temple in sorrow marsh. Pls help

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Have you talked with the Scribe at the exit of the Desert Town? You still have to kill the Sand Leach, remember? Unless you've already done that, then you need to return to Rolan's house since Talis said that you all should meet there to discuss something.

I'll probably be releasing a GameFAQs-type Walkthrough for the game, filled with every Weapon, Armor, Item and what not along with a pretty in depth guide to getting through the game and how to find each secret boss/item.

If you have any more problems/questions be sure to post, or just PM, whatever floats your boat.

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
I figure it out already, thanks anyway. I was enjoying to playing your game till the end. It just shame it was sad end. Did u plan to create a part II of witchtooth?

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
So I'm guessing there was an update to the full game? If that's the case then I'll have to wait a long while cause my computer won't run internet right now

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
@crow5derlock
Yes, there was an update, and a fairly crucial one at that. Well, kinda crucial. I hope you get your computer problems fixed though.

@Fanatik007
Wow, so you finished the game? No spoilers please, but thanks a lot for playing to the end! Yes, the ending may be considered less than joyful to some. But about a part 2... that's a secret.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
For what I have I just beat witchtooth, great game, though could you have found a harder way to hide that tower, I roamed the entire setting like 6 times untill I noticed some paths I hadent tried. And if you do decide to make a sequil let me know i'd love to help, though if you'd rather work it alone i'd understand, it would just mean I have another thing sidetracking me from making my game, and I'm probably no help without a computer with internet right now, but anyway great game!
And if you don't mind could I go through with an altered save file and look at some of the things you put in some of the unreachable places?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks for playing through to the end. And about the path to the Tower, yeah that was pretty dumb of me to make it so hidden, but I'm glad you found it :P.

By unreachable places, do you mean chests that you can't open? Because I think that would be a bad idea, those chests cause game overs...

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Even if they lead to game overs I had, in my abandoned project chaos hero, a couple of unreachable places with major bs lines that caused game overs and file deletions