RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Witchtooth {VX} [Full Game] (V1.1)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)

History
Spoiler for:
The Time is 270 S.E (Sorrow's End) - The Dawn of God's Sorrow, it is called, was a week of nonstop rain across the Earth. The downpour tormented the world, flooding nearly half of the its landmasses and killing 100s of millions of people in its wake. For 270 years now, humans have been rebuilding its home, limited resources has made it a long process, but most of the Earth (that isn't underwater) has been restored to its original status. From the sorrow though, brought mysterious beings named Witches. They resemble humans in every way, besides from the distinct horns and red eyes that all Witches have. Humans began to fear and disrespect the new creatures, blaming them for the Sorrow, the bond between Human and Witch seemed that it would never hold.

Story
Rolan Accades (ah-kades) is a merchant's apprentice in the small lumber village, Havel. Rolan is sent to deliver a package to a shopkeeper in Cobalt, a steel working city. Upon arriving, Rolan finds a young Witch, one without a home. Torn between humanity's distrust of the Witches and his own morality, Rolan is quickly taken by the Witch's story and the mysteries it brings.

Characters
Rolan Accades: The protagonist of the story, he uses shortswords in battle, striking swift yet deadly. He isn't the greatest fighter, as he is new to the traveling scene, he has the capability of dual wielding weapons and uses both quite well.
The Witch: Found by Rolan after his arrival in Cobalt, the Witch is a very mysterious person, her powers though, are mysterious even more so. She tends to get into trouble a lot with the humans town as she has no where to live on top of being a Witch.
Chester Rhodes: A young magician who lives with his famous magician parents and his butler Tenpenny in the mansion of a small village. He loves to go on adventures to acquire artifacts. Chester's spells are very powerful and his presence is a nearly essential in battle. Chester can be a snobby kid at times, but he always protects his friends when they're in need of assistance in battle.

Features

*A tragic and gripping story
*Varied characters with their own stories to tell
*Turn Based Combat with a big emphasis on strategy
*Plenty of civilizations to explore
*Plenty of Sidequests and Secret Items
*Puzzling Dungeons
*Difficult Secret Bosses
*And plenty of game references.
*Varied character builds to fit your needs ;)

Script List
Spoiler for:
Critical Bonus States (Hawkeye) - Cozziekuns
Flash Selected Enemy - Modern Algebra
Fade Battle End ME - Kylock
Improved Damage - Lecode(234)
Item Hit Ratio - TDS
Light Effects VX - Kylock/Enelvon
Fog Effect - Falcao
Bitmap Addon - Modern Algebra
MOG Battleback EXE - Moghunter
Element Efficiency States - Modern Algebra
Scene Title Screen Miria V2.0 - Moghunter
Battle Face HUD - (Angry?) Pacman
Final Fantasy IX Save System - BigEd781
Menu GUIRPG 1.0 - Guilherme Santiago
Scene Shop ReDux - Yanfly Engine RD
Element Immunities - Modern Algebra
Dual Wield Fix - Lytanathan

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

"First 10 Minutes" Video Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QlFDPnY_U
"Combat/Exploration" Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtuOJ3dKwao

Download Game: http://www.mediafire.com/?lj6fembpfcw4cwz

>Big thanks to Bunny for the awesome Logo!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:47:03 PM by hiromu656 »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Good to see your back here. I might have to make a comeback too.
I love your story. It pleases me by following the cliché-abiding twister rule. The logo and title screen look very nice as well. But make sure you don't plan for an epic 24 hour-long game. Those never turn out well unless professionally executed.
I'd be glad to do anything I can to help this project. If you need anything I can do, just let me know.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't want the game to be TOO long, but I've already written the story in its entirety, however long that turns out to be, I'll just have to live with it. For the time being though, I'm writing a ton of stuff rather than quickly hopping onto the creation, that way I'd be able to finish the game a lot quicker.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Good. Take care of things in their blocks. Don't try to take everything on at the same time.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Countering my previous post of me writing the story in its entirety, I've been doing a lot of rewriting, story-wise. I've changed the 'Story' section of the OP as well, as you can see, I removed the sister dying stuff, it seemed like overkill simply meant to drag out the story by adding more to learn, still you can look forward (or not) to a demo in 2 weeks or less.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The heat wave going around screws with my brain, so I can't concentrate too well. (lol, an interesting excuse) But I've finally begun to work a bit harder on the game. I added 4 new screenshots - you'll notice that the first screenshot shows the main character wearing different clothes than in the others, I didn't want to redo the picture as it was originally supposed to show the environment anyway, so I will not. I'm not going for a graphical phenomenon here though, but I have a story worth telling and I shall do so.

The demo is still set for release next week.

EDIT: (June 11th)

The demo's progress is going great, (weather is getting cooler) I've gotten around 40 or so minutes of gameplay already done, and I don't want to stop there with the demo, I'm going to be adding a bit more. I'm hoping to have the game out Monday, possibly Sunday.
I've also added 4 more screenshots showing off a city in the game (The ones at nighttime). I've redone the main village (Havel) by adding a bit more details, a quick sidequest and a bit of gathering.

EDIT: (June 11th - pt.2)

Well then, I've been no-lifing this game like no other. I have the demo complete and I'll be uploading it tomorrow. If anyone plays this, it'd be nice to get a bit of feedback. I'm going to bump the page tomorrow with the download link as well as updating the OP.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:41:03 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The demo is here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYMYYFJT

Just something I want to throw out there; I'm going to be redoing the menu sounds and graphics, I'm sort of experimenting with them. So bare with me.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Downloading now. Looks like it will be good!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I've found a pretty bad problem that will be had in the game. It'll happen at the very end of the demo though, when you talk with your Grandma with Lin in your party (which is the end of the demo) - so, I'm just letting you all know that once you get this error that will be fixed when the next demo comes around, you have completed the demo and I thank you very much :)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Will download/play later today if I have time :|
I really look forward to playing it.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Been doing a bit of database work for a while, finally got back into the mapping aspect. I plan on having a second demo eventually, not too soon though. But here's a screenshot of a town I've been working on called Andale (yeah, I got the name from Fallout, but it isn't creepy).

Picture of Andale (Before Completion)
Spoiler for:

EDIT (Few hours later):
I just finished the town, including the interiors to the buildings, I've added the people and finished the park. I also added a bit more to the field area: adding monsters, 2 quests and a few more of those "Casai Flower" bushes in the field to pick up, except now they have a use as the enemies in this field will poison you. I added about 20 or so armors and weapons along with a few more skills. The game is going swimmingly, and for that I'm very happy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:58:51 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Yet another update:
I've been working on the next dungeon quite a bit, and spent a good chunk of time working on a pretty cutscene for the players to enjoy as well.

Demo Number Two is set for release in about a week or so (I've got a lot of free time), In the demo you'll gain the third party member, complete 2 dungeons, find a new town to explore. I've added about 40 new armors and weapons for the demo (most of which are not found in vendors) and redid a few things from the first demo. Stick around for more info on Witchtooth.
Also, here's a video of the first 10 minutes of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QlFDPnY_U

EDIT (Hours later):
Added 2 new screenshots
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 05:33:32 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The Second Demo is now complete and UP, if you play it, please give some feedback  ;D -
-The demo spans a good 3-4 hours if you were to do everything, you'll run 2 new dungeons, get a new party member and kill a secret boss ((if you find it) Shouldn't be too hard)

Have fun.

DOWNLOAD: Check the OP
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:04:43 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I had fun playing! Mostly after I started exploiting glitches, but hey!

[EDIT]: I think I finally ran out of things to do, except find that secret battle, perhaps? Once Rolan gets geared up, everything basically does no damage to him. However, so far the game has been enjoyable! I spent some time whacking at birds outside of town to level up. Keep it up!

[EDIT II]: Oop! I missed a lot, it seems! I only progressed further after meandering over to one of the beds.
Big problem when I change areas from the Northern Plains. I changed areas, the rain slows to a stop and then suddenly the character moves downward and I cannot get back control.

As I was playing through the game I jotted down some bugs and silly notes along the way, done in the order in which I came across them :

<General>
- Script 'Party Leader Death' line 33 : SystemStackError occurred; Stack Level too Deep.
-- This happens after restarting the game (F12). Could be conflicting scripts, but I think this error is typically because the script is missing 'unless $@' on aliases.
- Silver Axe help text incorrect.

<Havel>
[Bug(s)]
- Grandma's House : Fireplace tiles set to [ * ] and hover over NPCs and player.
- Grandma's House : Box tiles near door set to [ * ] and hover over NPCs and player.
- Grandma's House : I can save Sofie without leaving town and going into the forest? If I go straight to Grandma's House after starting the game and go upstairs, Sofie is back and talking about something that I haven't gotten to as of yet.
- Grandma's House : Rolan replies to Grandma in the same way even after retrieving Sofie.
- Entering the straw hut near the upper section of the town goes no where.
- After speaking with Mr. Hetherton and exiting to speak with an excited Janie, the town music dies out and doesn't return unless you enter and exit a building.

[Player Notes]
- Dan gives me GP and EXP. All I want is more HP potions.
- Need option to tell Wallace to build that armor shop, pronto.

<Forest>
[Bug(s)]
- Upper-most light post tile set to [ x ]; cannot pass behind.

[Player Notes]
- Un-openable large box trolling me.
- Returned to see if Edna would sell me some HP potions. Couldn't find her or HP potions. Checked large box; wasn't in there.

<Cobalt>
[Bug(s)]
- Can re-enter alley to re-fight thugs even after defeating them. Exploited like no tomorrow. The sewers would have stood little chance against my level 10 Rolan dual-wielding comets.
- Man who says that he is shutting down his tent shop for the night has not returned in the morning?

[Player Notes]
- Cobalt has armor, weapon and item shops that have HP potions; instant favorite city.
- Apple Juice not sold in bar.
- Mass production of Sweetrolls required.
- Came back the next day and the lady had not baked me another Sweetroll. The nerve of some strangers.

<Outside of Andale>
[Bug(s)]
- Entered a fight and the game shut down from a missing battle graphic.
-- [EDIT] : Fought back to where I was before. 'Graphics/BattleBacks/Grasshill' was the file that is missing. I substituted in another graphic and I'm continuing on.

<Undead Encounter>
[Player Notes]
- Poor guy. Adrenaline Rush plus normal, non-critical dual-wield for 500.

<Tunnel>
[Player Notes]
- Troll  D:
-- Successfully trolled the troll!
-- Suddenly Lin is awesome-sauce. Attack damage and animation changed for the better!

<Northern Plains>
[Bug(s)]
- Not possible to sprint?
- Changed areas, the rain slows to a stop and then suddenly the character moves downward and I cannot get back control. Cannot proceed.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:30:54 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
O.o

Nice, I'll be sure to play ASAP. I would like to see one thing though: script list. If you don't want to post it, can you give me a PM?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
@Exhydra

Thanks for the comment, that was certainly entertaining, but I have a bit to work on it seems. I tried to go for a game where you didn't have to grind much to progress, but I suppose I should work on the difficulty a bit for those that do and find some kind of good balance. Those little graphical things and the speaking parts will be fixed right now. I'll also be changing vendor prices, mainly because you could easily make Rolan super OP. I'll make sure to have the man in Cobalt come back and sell his goods in the morning. The bar man will not sell you apple juice XD, and the old woman has no more sweetrolls for you. I deleted some event that happened in the raining Northern Plains section which explained why you wouldn't want to run, but I removed that but didn't removed the Disabled Dashing, I'll do that now. But when the rain goes away, that is meant to happen, a man in Baveraine actually speaks about that; but, I do not know why you're unable to move, I'll check on it. The script stuff will be fixed as well, so there.

Find the secret boss, you'll probably destroy it though at this point, it's around the Northern Plains Port, just run around the map you'll bump into it.

Thanks again for the feedback and I'm glad you liked it.

EDIT: I found the error where you cannot progress past the Northern Plains, it's an autorun event I forgot to put a switch on. Removing the demo for now, it will be back in around 30 minutes.

EDIT: 3 minutes

SUPEREDIT: Demo is fixed and back up
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8HMBX17

For now, after getting Lin, don't go back into the Alley. The repeat event was fixed, but not in this demo because I didn't want to take too much time to reupload.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:01:23 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Thanks for the comment, that was certainly entertaining, but I have a bit to work on it seems.

The bigger your game gets, the more likely it is that bugs will pop up without you noticing. You'll get things worked out, I'm sure! I would highly suggest Jet's Integrity Checker script as it checks for missing files. Run it once before you release a demo to make sure you've got everything in place.

I tried to go for a game where you didn't have to grind much to progress, but I suppose I should work on the difficulty a bit for those that do and find some kind of good balance.  . . .  I'll also be changing vendor prices, mainly because you could easily make Rolan super OP.

Well, the prices were already quite high, I just grinded until I had enough money to get the best. That took a lot of my time to do so. I'm of the mindset that I should grind until the local monsters aren't a challenge and I have the best weapons and armor.

The bar man will not sell you apple juice XD, and the old woman has no more sweetrolls for you.

But, but ... the apple juice!

Find the secret boss, you'll probably destroy it though at this point, it's around the Northern Plains Port, just run around the map you'll bump into it.

Phew, that was a tough fight. Lin got KO-ed once and Rolan was just a hit away from going down as well. I ate up nearly all of my HP potions too, but me and Lin finally took down the Lesser Hydra.

<Baveraine>
[Player Notes]
- "Bennett isn't here." : No-! I could use a cleric about now ... getting Wolf Teeth for HP potions is slow!
- Yay, Chester. A little weak compared to us Hydra Slayers, but we'll allow him to join.

<Underground Temple>
[Player Notes]
- Difficult to distinguish the ground from the walls at times since they seem to use the same tile.
- The current end boss didn't even get one attack off with Chester using the stunning spell.

Looks good, keep going and work out the kinks! I would suggest that instead of raising prices, just expand on what you have. Even when I stopped to grind for experience and gold, the areas seemed extremely tiny. I spent time to get the best gear and then I meandered over to the next town and found that everything I had was obsolete. If you expand what's in each area, and give the player more play time there, it shouldn't be an issue. Though the monsters later on would need to be a little tougher, they rarely hit Rolan for anything over 1 damage.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'm glad you took the time to finish it up. I bet it was pretty hard to kill the Hydra since you didn't have Chester. I still have to do something about that Earth Swipe spell and the Ice Cage, they seem to last longer than they should and can be very spammable; I'll probably increase the mana cost. And the enemies are going to get a lot harder, and once you get the cleric (whose name isn't Bennett :) ) it'll get even harder since you'll be graced by the powers of a healer.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The demo has been updated (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5XBMCHP)

A bunch of bugs have been eradicated, and there has been a few changes in balancing combat and item prices.
I've decided not to make a third demo, I'm going to just finish up the game and put it out there, (of course after testers try it)
the game is still going well and should be out in before September is what I'm guessing.

Rep:
Level 82
I'll give it a go after I get finished re-writing this script.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
You don't really have to. The game hasn't been extended, I just fixed ALL of the errors you told me about. And those I found on my own.

Rep:
Level 82
Time to find more errors then!  : o  Unless there isn't anymore, of course.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Alright, that's fine. Thanks for the help :)

**Added 5 New Screenshots
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:45:59 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 82
<General>
- [minor] Within battle the 'unable to escape' message uses 'it' instead of 'he' or 'they'.

<Havel>
- Grandma's House [minor] : No music after rescuing Sophie.

<Cobalt>
- [minor] Tense music still playing within the alley, although everything else is fine.

<Cindy's House.
- Boxes near the entrance to Cindy's Room are now impassible and cause the cut scene to halt, as the players cannot go through them.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
This is looking great! Downloading now. :)