RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Witchtooth {VX} [Full Game] (V1.1)

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I had a go of the game.

I think it is just plain beautiful :)
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Thank you. I hope you have fun.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Obviously, this game is already complete. Even more issues have become apparent when looking back at the game along with player feedback, even after the most recent patch.

Sadly, I'm going to stop updating Witchtooth as it's sort of a burden for me, and I doubt anyone wants to re-download the game in a new state. Not only that, but it'll be difficult to reach out to those people who have downloaded, found issues but haven't relayed these problems to me. I want to be able to instantly get everyone on the best version of Witchtooth, and I'm sure many people who downloaded the game don't even have the most recently updated version. So, I'm done updating this game, I hope the problems with it aren't too severe that they become unplayable.

Not that I'm advertising my Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Hiromu656) or anything, but I'll be making a playthrough series of Witchtooth there, I'll be sure to summarize exactly what happens, in the video, in its description if you want to skip the video. Of course, this is only for people who want to understand the game's story without playing it. But most importantly, if you don't want to play the game, at least you'll have a little bit of background if you ever wish to play this:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I was actually going to play this soon.

I can do a lets play of it myself (though I didn't initially plan to) if you would prefer to see how someone who didn't create the story interprets things.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That'd be really cool actually. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who finds problems in the game, that it is what it is and there isn't much support I can give to fix them. I already know there aren't any game breaking errors, but if anything difficult/unbalanced comes into play, that will be out of my hands.

So, If you'd like to LP the game, by all means go ahead. I'll still be making my walkthrough of the game because I will be doing everything possible in the game, secrets and all.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
You should totally do a sequel on Ace.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's the plan.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
That's the plan.
FABULOUS!!
It's an incredible game.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
Good I liked what I played of the game and would like to see a sequel if possible.

I haven't finished the game yet so I'm not sure if your able to do a sequel depending on how you ended it. But I guess I'll find out :P
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I also haven't finished playing it. I haven't had the time.
I also need to finish Vacant Sky and Aveyond o.o

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'll try to make a sort of recap at the start of Witchtooth 2 explaining what happened in the first game just in case someone plays the second without playing the 1st.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Youtube Playlist

As it turns out, your dragon-pig like monster absolutely moped the floor with me;
So I'm gonna have to do some level grinding and I'm never really motivated to do that, so it might take awhile until I do another video.

I don't really say it much, but I love the game and I think it's bloody well made.
The only thing I can say that bothers me is the amount of poisoning and random battles I seem to get.
Which comes standard with every RPG actually, so nothing about your game specifically aggravates me, all positive :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's partially good to hear. The random battles and poisoning and what not is just part of my learning experience I guess. This is still my first game, so I've got a lot to learn for future projects. So I thank you very much for trying out the game, it gives me much more to take into account when I move onto more games.

Oh, and about Baromagmus, he is a secret boss. You don't even have to fight him to get out of the Mountains. So, grinding really isn't necessary at this time. If I can give any type of hint to beating this boss I'd say:
Spoiler for:
get fire resistant armor

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Oh really?

In that case, I guess I'll come back for him later :)
The adventure continues ;D

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL382E57C1670E08BB&feature=plcp

T'is done.
I haven't gone and done your sidebosses and I'm sure there are some things that I missed. So when I get around to it, I'll check places more thoroughly and finish off Baromagmus & Vyandrel.

Spoiler for Bugs:
I didn't find any game-breaking bugs.
But I did notice that the Inn in Cobalt doesn't play the same sleep sound that all other Inns play.

Also there's a sleeping guy in Andale who literally changes appearance when you speak to him.

There is a message which says that Lin learned the 'Seal of Selvise', when in actual fact she learned something else.
I think I found some more, but can't remember them right now.

Spoiler for Battles:
The battles are really repetitive, I fought more wolves in this game then I have in any other game. Poison was also a reoccurring thing (which is why I bought poison resisting equipment).
So a little more monster variety would be nice :)

I also found that some areas would really amp up the difficulty far too much too quickly. Oden Grassland would have nicely leveled enemies, then the mountain would have me fighting one or two things before I had to start retreating.
That's a lot of extra difficulty that should be downgraded a little. :V

Spoiler for Story:
I understood the story very well. Though from what I understand, it isn't reflected in the NPCs too much.
I was given the impression that humans were afraid of the witches, or wished to put them down.
The NPCs usually ignore Lin or don't really comment about her unless we're in Talis's home town.
If she is hiding her horn from people, you should probably mention that in game. Since this confuses me a little.

The first born initially refers to Hearin as a witch, then Norton refers him to be a human. I'm not really sure what he is after hearing conflicting stories.
I'd assume he was a human who turned into a witch.
But I don't think that's the case since the first born referred to him as a witch BEFORE she made mention of his deeds.

I know absolutely nothing about the helmet-man. And that makes me quite curious to why he was travelling with Norton anyway.

I don't know what happened with Chester's house-guests problem, but I'll leave that up to your sequel to explain.

Spoiler for Music:
The music was absolutely wonderful. You used some music from games that I have played before. I'm glad you used them for appropriate maps; a good example is the 'Deepest Woods' theme from ToS, I know what that music is actually used for and this game has a similar use for it; which makes it sorta nostalgic.
I like the battle theme too ;8

Spoiler for Mapping:
I think your mapping is absolutely gorgeous; however don't take that very well since I'm not a good mapper and probably don't have a good opinion about it.
I just thought I'd mention it.

Spoiler for Suggestions:
I would like to see an item which halves the encounter rate for monsters and another item which doubles it.

Another item which can be used to scan enemies and determine their HP; some of your boss battles are incredibly long and I think this would benefit players to know how much HP an enemy has left.

A map which shows the world/continent. I know that I was unaware of where I was for most of the game, I was just following a path to get where I needed to go.
So I was absolutely lost when I needed to go to the Sorrow Marsh.

You don't have to feel obliged to do anything, but at least consider these for your sequel.

I also gotta ask. . .
Did you create those custom animations yourself?
And how about those custom battlers?

They all look fantastic ;8

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks a lot for the Feedback, this is probably the most helpful bit of information I've gotten for the game. Not to mention you did me a HUGE favor by making a playthrough on Youtube it really helped me realize that what I didn't find a problem, others probably did.
A lot of the story pieces are lacking, I'm very aware of that. This is entirely due to being inexperienced, rushing myself when I shouldn't and doing something really dumb, which is trying to create any story off the top of my head just to have a finished game on my belt. I really should have taken more time to make sure everything fits together and is well explained, everything confusing in this game will surely be fixed in the sequel.

I commented on your videos about the battle problems, so I don't think I need to repeat that.
Spoiler for:
Uhh... Chester eventually regains his house which is meant to be inferred, and Hearin is a Witch. I don't know why I would have made Norton say otherwise.
The deal with the Seal (haha) of Selvise is that I altered many of the spells names mid development and I must have forgotten to change the name of the skill she learns in that scene.

And finally, I did not create any of the battlers, I'm just an avid internet surfer. The custom animations on the other hand were (almost) all done by me. They were simple color variations on RTP images and then arranged in a way that wasn't default with the program.

Thanks for completing the game and again, for giving so much useful feedback. I might as well name all the secret bosses if you ever decide to fight them:
Spoiler for:
Lesser Hydra, Arkouda, Baromagmus, The Grand Champion, Vyandrel, Nightbane, The Heart of Death, The Faceless Wight and, The Saint
- tell me if you need help finding them xP

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I have to say, this game is a huge inspiration to me. Although my current project, Scarlet Skies, isn't really like Witchtooth at all, I have picked up on a few things while playing it.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
You're gonna make me cry :'(

I'm glad it inspired you.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
You're gonna make me cry :'(

I'm glad it inspired you.
So am I. To be honest, without you or Sailerus, I probably wouldn't even be in RPG Maker.

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Sorry for my english, I am french.
I love your game and I saw the walktrought.
Good Game

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
I just wondering when you'll release Witchtooth 2 demo?

Rep:
Level 71
It's already out.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks DoctorTodd  ^-^

But yeah, it's out.

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior