RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to slowly fade in and out? And Cut-Scene Help

Rep:
Level 87
Hey sorry if this is explained somewhere already if it has please just put a link to it, I've been searching a bit but I dont want to spend hours looking for how to do something so small..

And I'm also not sure where to put this so just move it to the proper spot if thats not to much trouble..

I'm using RMXP
Basically, I want to go from one map and after a character is saying something slowwllyyy, fade out (maybe like over a five second period) and then again slowly fade in to a new map.

The new map will be starting with a cut-scene , so is there a script or way to event a scene where a bit of the top is black and a bit of the bottom is black? So the only visible area is the middle in a rectangle?
And can you make it so when the scene starts, the two black areas at the top and bottom slowly come into there positions and leave the visible rectangle visible in the middle, and then when the scene ends they slowly make there way out of the screen?..

I used to use rmxp a longggg time ago and now even the simplest things seem like a lot of trouble to me ..
Thanks
Time is never WASTED when your WASTED all the time

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, for the black bars, just use the Show Picture and Move Picture commands. Since you want them to move in, all you need to do is have one picture that is a black rectangle as wide as the screen and as tall as you want. Then you'd show two pictures - both with x = 0 and one with y = 480, the other with y = -1*(height of picture). Then you would just use the Move Picture commands - moving the bottom one up (to 480 - height of picture) and the top one down (to 0).

For the fade in, use the Change Screen Color Tone command. To fade it out, just set it to black (-255, -255, -255) and make it take 100 frames (there are 20 frames in a second). To fade it back in, just set it to regular (0, 0, 0) and make it take 100 frames

Rep:
Level 87
Cool all done thanks for the help  :)

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 82
One minor correction: There are 40 frames per second. 200 frames is 5 seconds.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I thought it was 60? 300 is 5 seconds. Positive.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 87
haha either way i got it done . I just use trial and error to get it right for simple things like this

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
40 frames per second if the player uses smooth mode, but the default is 20 in RMXP. It's 60 in RMVX

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Ah.
That's how the confusion arose. I understand.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know