RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Player has no graphic after being transfered

Rep:
Level 84
I'm having an odd problem. After a cut scene I transferred the player to another map that starts a new scene. At the beginning of this scene the player does not have a graphic. I do not have it programmed to remove the player's graphic at the start of the new scene. I am very confused to why this is happening.

The Cut Scene that transfers the player.

]

New Cut Scene

Rep:
Level 84
May someone please help me?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
My guess is because the first event is a parallel process, and it actually starts running again for one frame before the transfer happens. Since you set the player's opacity to 0 in that one frame, it is 0 once he is transferred to the new map.

If I am right about that, you can fix it just by putting an Erase Event command right after the transfer in the first event.

Also, sorry that it took so long. The normal forum for asking about eventing errors and the such is Tutorials. Troubleshooting is for problems with the progam itself, about which I know nothing so don't often check.

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for the advice! I actually just found the problem! On the second page of the first even I do not have the control switch check to activate the blank second page.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That would do it too.