RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Actor cloning

Rep:
Level 83
Actor cloning
Version: 1.0
Author: dricc
Date: May 18, 2011

Version History

• <Version 1.0> 18.05.2011 - Original Release

Based on a suggestion on this forum , i have created a script to allow the cloning of actors . It's not a difficult one , just a work on the classes game_actor and game_actors .

It is quite easy to use , you made one actor called
Code: [Select]
"soldier<model=1>"
And you can add 3 of these in your party like this :

In the "recruiting" event , use the "Modify party : Add member" as usual
But before , you have to put the beginning level in a variable (32 in my demo) or the default level of the actor will be used (1 in most cases) .
Yes , it means that a variable must be reserved for the script .

(optional) The script can suggest a name for the clone .
The list of these names can be changed in the script . And you can have many lists .
put in the actor name :
Code: [Select]
"soldier<model>"
if you don't want the script to suggest . In this case , the clone will have "soldier" for name .

(optional) : The script can ask the player to rename the actor added and display the status screen :

(i think it should be "him/her" instead of "him" ... You will find easily where to change this , i think )

Demo 1.0 :
http://www.mediafire.com/?vz90uuvw2s32g69

NOTE : it is compatible with most of the "large party" or "reserve party" scripts .
It seems to be compatible with GTBS also (i made a quick test only) .

ADD-ON : "hue" or how to clone and recolor !
A "hue" is what you see when you are changing the picture of a monster . I made this available for actors , so the clones can now be unique .
If i say "add-on" , it's because it is another script and you delete it if you don't want to have this (especially to avoid incompatibility issues) .

Have a look :
Spoiler for:

Is it Ralph or Hulk ? :)

1.1 version with this add-on :
http://www.mediafire.com/?r7cq71e972bwi93

Future version
I have some ideas :
- actor firing : it is not possible : you cannot use "modify party : remove actor"
- random equipement : But is it really useful ?
- Evolutions : the characset/faceset and class can change .
If you have more ...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:12:54 PM by dricc »
You can use my scripts freely . but not for commercial use .
:ccbync:
Don't encrypt your game !!!
Want to give me credit ? Easy ,add me in your game :

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Wow, this looks great! I've been waiting for you to post this.
However, I'm not a fan of loose windows (i.e. in the second screenshot), but that's my own obsessive compulsive-ness, nothing for you to worry about.
Besides, if I were to use this in a game, I would edit the windows' positioning to suit my needs.
Perhaps those two windows would look better on the left side of the screen, because the top one blocks out a bit of the equipment display?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
(i think it should be "him/her" instead of "him" ... You will find easily where to change this , i think )

Or 'them' and that would cover both (or any other if you wanted) genders in once.

Definitely nice for games with potentially infinite characters like a tactical style game.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 83
Besides, if I were to use this in a game, I would edit the windows' positioning to suit my needs.
Perhaps those two windows would look better on the left side of the screen, because the top one blocks out a bit of the equipment display?
Hey , that's a good idea . Yes , i can make something more customizable .

@LoganForrests : I agree that for 4 hero teams ... i doesn't have a great interest :) But it works fine in GTBS . And the GTBS works more with classes than actors , so no problems for the GTBS setup .

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, I look forward to seeing a revised edition (i.e. text changed, windows moved...), but I'd gladly translate it and do those things if you'll let me. I'd also add in some more customization.
I know some French, it shouldn't be that hard for me to translate what little errors and French is there. Would you let me do that?

Rep:
Level 83
Yes , you can translate if you want .

There is a solution to make it easily . try to copy from an empty project (save them first) :
Skills.rvdata
States.rvdata
Armors.rvdata
Items.rvdata
Weapons.rvdata
System.rvdata
And it should be OK because i have also started from an empty project .

There is not a lot of text in my script : just the "join" text . The status screen is full sandard , the menu also .

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I didn't use our demo to retrieve this script (got it from my request) so I may have messed up but this is my error:

as soon as I try to load the game

I will try it using your demo and I'll let you know if it works

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Just a quick question for RPGMakerVX52,
Why do you post before you try everything to let people know what you're going to do when you can just, like, do it?

Rep:
Level 83
My demo is fully functionnal , of course :)
Tell me what is the line 130 in your version ...

I made a 1.1 demo . the new functionality can be used to recolor the cloned actors . If you look at the first picture , you will see that the 3 warriors looks like twins . Now , they can be randomly colored.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:09:19 PM by dricc »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why do you post before you try everything to let people know what you're going to do when you can just, like, do it?

I didn't have time to try it

My demo is fully functionnal , of course :)
Tell me what is the line 130 in your version ...

I made a 1.1 demo . the new functionality can be used to recolor the cloned actors . If you look at the first picture , you will see that the 3 warriors looks like twins . Now , they can be randomly colored.

My line 130 is end... line 131 is blank

Rep:
Level 79
Hello

I didn't have time to try it
Yet you had time to post to let us know.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
EDIT
------------------------------------------------------------

The other error does't happen anymore but a new one does:

Can you please help? *n*()
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:10:23 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
hii... sorry to interrupt
can this script clone the enemy too?

Rep:
Level 83
this script don't clone the ennemies it just deals with actors

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. It's a really great script!

This would work exceptionally well with Jameswhite89's enemy capture tutorial, that makes enemies into allies (yet it seemed unavoidable that you could only have one of each enemy). That's where this script comes in handy.

Thanks for creating it, dricc. :]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]