RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PAC Build 1.7

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, that's bad news for you as pretty much all of the scriptlets have been compiled into either the Battle Addons, Core, Fixes or Utility scripts.
It's mainly because I personally hate having hundreds of teeny tiny scripts in my database and prefer easy-to-refer-to large scripts instead.
It is easier, however, to write them in scriptlets.
Thank you for the support, and I agree with your criticism of the DBS.
To-do for PAC:
1. Menus
2. Extra Stats maybe
3. Message System
4. Battle System if I'm feeling insane enough.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, PAC 1.6 is finally out. The highlights of this release are definitely the compilation scripts, i.e. Core, Battle Addons, Utility and Items, Skills and Equip Addons. Check out the first post for 1.6.

1.1 and 1.5 are still up there because I like seeing how many downloads I have in total :P

Enjoy.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I'm starting to get into the battle system now, so I'm poking at all of your scripts, heh. Here are some minor errors here and there that I've come across :

Code: [Select]
NoMethodError occured while running script.

undefined method 'skin='.

Script 'PAC Battle Addons 1.6' line 2313: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method 'collase_note'.

Death by misspelled method! Just missing the 'p', there.

NoMethodError occurred while running script.

undefined method 'change_update_range'.

This occurred right after entering a number for the update range NPC.

Also, the game crashed after winning the fight with the vampire and starting to return to the previous screen, no error message displayed.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
NoMethodError occured while running script.

undefined method 'skin='.
That was an NPC trying to pull off the function of a script I removed. :|
She'll be removed in the next demo.

Script 'PAC Battle Addons 1.6' line 2313: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method 'collase_note'.
Already fixed.

NoMethodError occurred while running script.

undefined method 'change_update_range'.
Once again, an NPC trying to do something that I didn't see the need to put in. I removed that method, but not the NPC. >_<

Also, the game crashed after winning the fight with the vampire and starting to return to the previous screen, no error message displayed.
That doesn't happen to me. I'll upload another fixed one, just check the top post again.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Hmm, it doesn't crash if I take '\collapse_type[8]' out of the notes for the Vampire.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
As I say, it doesn't crash at all for me. I don't know.

Rep:
Level 82
Doh, updated video card drivers and it works just fine now. I guess having year old drivers is a bad thing, huh.

EDIT: Hmm, still occasionally crashes even after that. Dunno ... guess it's just my computer.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Your collapse script looks eerily familiar there Pacman  :police:

The engine is really coming together though and I like the "DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING ELSE UNLESS YOU ARE MODERN ALGEBRA." line :) Good work so far.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:14:02 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I really mean it when I say 'compilation'! I changed it a bit anyway.  :madcop:

And of course I say that, you could probably bomb my house and take down the Commonwealth through scripting in VX.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, that might be tough. Besides, there are so many parts of the commonwealth that wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

You should credit Minto for it though.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
How unfairly kind of you to not demand credit yourself. CREDITS FOR EVERYBODY.

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
With the release of PAC Main Menu, the first piece of 1.7 has reached the public eye. I foresee a release of 1.7 'Revamp' sometime in late August-early September.
Basically, this post is to let you know I've started doing stuff again.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Targeting skills are weird .-.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
That is SO weird. Something must mess with the HUD. I'll try looking for methods in PAC that call Scene_Battle#window_battlestatus. I tested it in-depth, and it only ever changes the font of the first actor. So weird.
I'll definitely take a look at that tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 69
How can you modify the title changer to where it plays "x bgm" with "x title screen"?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
You can't... but that is a cool suggestion. I'll look into it.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
I am using PAC engine.
It is really good.
(Soon you will be able to compare with BEM! :3)

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Ohoho, I think I'm a bit off of Yanfly's standard. But I do think I'm going along rather nicely.
So far, I've overhauled much of the party system, added a few more battle add-ons and, of course, the menu system. I've written a new save scene because that last one was rather mediocre, I've conquered an Input module, added some stuff to ISEA and added a Description Codes script.
My Special Text and Window_Help overhaul will also be added soon. I'm thinking 1.7 - Revamp - will be out in about 2 weeks.
And that's very exciting for me.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I've finished the engine for 1.7, and enlisted the help of one... er... my acquaintances on these forums to create a demo for it.
However, due to Minecraft he kinda just forgot about it and left me alone, several weeks after I said I would have it done. Now, keeping in mind my crippling 'unable to script' hindrances from a couple weeks back until mid-late-December, should I just release a blank project with the scripts in or either get someone else to make a demo or do it my own god-damn self (very slowly)?

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Pacman, I will make your demo.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I suppose I do trust you. I'll PM you an empty project with the scripts in it.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Thanks! I will try to have it done by tonight.(try)

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Well, it's been a bit longer than I expected, but it's here now. PAC 1.7 has now been released (check the OP for download), thanks to the efforts of yuyubabe. Sorry all for the massive delay, and I hope you can all enjoy 1.7.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Awesome Pacman. You've really improved over the year, and this new PAC Build really shows it. The only two things that I can find that are wrong are:

The descriptions in battle.

The battle results window.

But that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the amazing things that you've done right. Kudos.

Also, a pat on the back to Ms. Yuyu for the amazing demo!