RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Shadows of Asaya - The Eyes of Hope - RPMVX [+Video]

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior

The Shadows of Asaya Sinchross is licensed under a License Attribution-noncommercial-Sealed creating derivative works 3.0 Brazil

Introduction
[/b][/size]

The Shadows of Asaya was designed under the main concept of Elder Scrolls. We wanted to buildi a rich and vast world full of cultural and climatic variation, letting the player to decide to where go and what way to follow.
Please give a look to the beautiful visuals and art concepts of Asaya.

History
[/size]

The Ishtar Demons
[/b]

The shadows, dense and dark, covered the sky and the horizon of Asaya. In a single night, Dezmenyr was consumed in darkness and turned into ruins, blood and death.

Deep in the rubble of Dezmenyr the population of the neighboring provinces saw evil incarnate creatures emerging from the great black mist, walking and eating everything alive, often resembling humanoid beings like us. And so, before long the entire continent of Ishtar was taken by the claws of death.

From the faraway continent Pallasyr was sent help, and then every man of the armies of support that came to Ishtar were exterminated, men, fathers, sons and daughters, all of the blood watered the soil of that land now desolate.

Now every region of Ishtar was taken by the leaders of the creatures of darkness, the terrifying demons.

The arrival in Pallasyr

And the demons sent their troops to destroy the nations of Pallasyr. The war lasted two years, when the demons have withdrawn from northern Pallasyr bay, where they tried to penetrate the enhanced defenses of the humans.

Elders fear that the prophecy of Dephaius could prove true, and the creatures return to Ishtar sooner, only to spread their shadows over Pallasyr.

*Pallasyr

The degradation of Telkyr

Twenty years have passed since the attack of demons in Pallasyr, but now another terrible phenomenon threatens the life of the oest continent, Telkyr. The land dried up, animals are dying, food is running out and people disappearing in the darkness at night.

* Telkyr

Calen, the cursed province

The province of Calen is the most reached for the darkness across the continent. Even protected and maintained by armies of Ipherianos, Calen has been noticed because of the countless murders, plagues and unexplained deaths in their region.
The news of these facts spread to the point to sensitize travelers and fearless warriors who, indignant, went toward the city to try to find the cause of all this evil.

* The Province of Calen

Even with the failure of each of the warriors who arrived there, the people still waiting for salvation.
Behold, in the dense fog covering Calen comes a warrior different from the others.
His reputation precedes him, awakening hope in the hearts of a people who have given up on life. Without any ado, the man enters the city to search for evidences and clues about the cause of all this misery but in his mind, he's pretty sure that the culprit is nothing more than a devil of Ishtar.
In Pallasyr, more precisely in the region of Krastova, this man was responsible for the end of Nebiros, a demon installed on the site. This creature was killing and absorbing the fertility of the land without arousing suspicion, until his executor invaded the depths of his hiding place and confronted him face to face.
The name of this feared warrior is Arkhan, which due to its exploits became widely known for his fame as the "Demon Hunter". In a world where everyone prays for their lives, Arkham is seen as a small source of hope.

You

You will guide Arkhan in your quest to end Calen degradation that occurs in and around the continent Telkyr. In your search, you will discover facts about the mysterious and unknown past of the hero, that even he knows. During his journey, find allies, friends and make enemies until their objectives are fulfilled (or NOT! =]). [/ Spoiler]

The Characters
[/size]

Name:Arkhan Geist des Drachen
Motivation: In his intimate Arkhan carries a mysterious and profound hatred for the demons of Ishtar. Taking advantage of his native strength and extraordinary skills, he went to investigate and prosecute traces of demons that torment the people of Pallasyr. Now off in search of the devil which he believed to reside in Telkyr.
Personality At first glance, a person-centered, confident and ruthless. But Arkhan hides his generosity, which surprised those who expected nothing of it. Arkhan is followed by various shades during sleep, so your nights are short-lived.

Name: Kharll Augen Lichtes
Motivation: After witnessing the death of his father, Kharll never forget his last words, explaining that the creature that attacked him was a powerful demon known as Nihilah. Therefore, ignoring the last advice of his father that was to kept away from the creature, Kharll became obsessed with the idea to hunt him down and destroy him, risking his life and falling head obscured in darkness.
Personality Kharll is a docile, friendly and loyal person. He is capable of risking his life for the sake of your goals and the safety of their loved ones, and when he have a goal is unwavering.
However, he suffered a terrible trauma that caused him to lose part of his steadfast security. Even without remembering what happen at right, Kharll decided to overcome this psychological and disability from his, continuing in your path of revenge.

More characters at soon!

Images

New Screenshots:

(And more just bellow):

Spoiler for:

Calen:

Cemiteries:

Wasteland Trails:

Lost House e High Mountain:

Battle:

Some Gifs:

Video

Check the external parts of Calen, the worlds maps from Pallasyr and Telkyr and how it will be more or less the Asaya gameplay:
Remembering that these songs were composed exclusively for the game, however someones have not yet been fully arranged and may be modified in the future. It's a video just to show a bit of how's the game's development.

Watch Here!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M0HdwFufz8

The history of the Past: - Translated by Paschendaele

The Migration

The chaos and havok have been installed in Earth. The inhabitants number decreased 2 per cent each year, with an aceleration rate of 0,2 per cent per year.
There wasn't much workers for construction nor industry of goods, we were already condemned to disease and death.
In the year 21xx spaceships were created for space exploration.
Coincidence or not, humanity has discovered the planet Asaya, with better conditions than Earth to inhabit by the human beings.
A big spaceship was sent, N91, under control of Lieutenant Hriks. During its way they have lost communication with the command centres. The spaceship was lost and the argonauts did not know what to do. They tried to come back to Earth's route but the spaceship was wrecked, needed a rescue, but no contact made.
Some time later another spaceship arrived the planet, spaceship N110, explaining that Earth was not the same anymore and that there was a war and everything was ruined.

The Re-Beginning

Human society re-started from the zero, we had only what we have brought on our spaceships. Books, historic facts, documents preserved, paper, pens, pencils and tons of time to inhabitants translate what happened in their old planet's history.
The years come and go and its population rised, Asaya was rich in vegetables, so there was no hunger nor thirs, having plenty of resources everywhere.
But the comfort was lost, letting them know there were no machines able to help them build something complex, nor fuel or resources already conceived, or simply the knowledge necessary. Therefore nothing could be re-built.

The Epsos

The human beings trying to explore even more their regions and domains, after achieving a wide colony, discovered the existence of another human beings on the planet. Firstly known by human society as Asayas, the Epsos had structured civilizations, with a great duality, they knew how to use the mystical secrets of the universe, create matter or whatever was in reach of magic.

The Confrontation (The Battle)

I won't quote the reasons here, because they are large. But human society decided to battle the Epsos. The war was extended untill Lacurya, a young boy, member of the human's army was discovered amongst the troops. With his skills to avoid Epsos' use of magic precisely, Lacurya rised quickly to General.
When Lacurya was present, the Epsos lost their focus, blew up their allies, and their magics did not respond quite well. Lacurya also possessed skills of combat unbeatable and become a legend untill today, as the strongest man in Asaya.

In the future I will add more historys of Asaya, saying about the Epsos, the ancient people that lived in Asaya before the human of the Earth apear and bring they extintion. And histories about the migration of the humans from the planet Earth to planet Asaya.

(Sorry about the desorganization, that is because my original buttons are all in another Language and too much info are still missing in this post...but I will atualize it little by little...)

Rodrigo Oliveira Dias Da Silva - Sinchross
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:14:51 AM by sinchross »

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Dude, I think you're having a serious problem.

That looks stunning. I've never seen such beautiful custom graphics in any RM game. And SO much information.

Well done, you've just posted one of the most awesome RM games I've ever seen in my entire life.
  - 

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This looks wonderful. Great work so far!

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
I think this is one of the best looking project i've ever seen :D congratz sinchross
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This looks great

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
This looks simply amazing. I will look forward to the finished project with great anticipation!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Oh god that is gorgeous!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You must be an alien, no human can RM that well.
This might even be an exception to my Aveyond rule: I'll never pay for an RM game. I would probably pay like $2 for this. That's a lot for RM.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
you sir are an amazing game maker,I would never make something this good.
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

The Shadows of Asaya has been nominated for Project of the Season: Summer 2011. Place your vote in the voting topic

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
RMRK Junior
The game looks very good. Where I can play it?