RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Devil Entertainment [Rec]

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Devil Entertainment

- Build a bridge and Parallax it-

About us

Devil Entertainment was set up by Lliam Sedawie -AKA- Vanstone. On the 04.02.11...
After constantly trying to get into teams i found that when they would accept me, that was it. . . . the team got abandon because the leader had no ideas. . .
Devil Entertainments Founding Principal is
- Build a bridge and Paralax it-
This means that if we face problems we take a step back, build over it and make it better.

About me:

My name is Lliam Sedawie. I am 17 years old and I am from Australia. Don't let my age cloud your judgment of me.
I have passed Yr 11 VCE IT, And Am currently doing a Unit 1-2 course of Digital Multimedia in tafe. Included in that course the instructor teaches us Business tips and how to deal with issues and Increase efficiency.
I take the business tips away the most and i dwell on them. That is what got me thinking. I can't keep trying to join teams and have them abandon. I need to create a team that is consistant. I need to have the best i can find and i need to keep them active and involved so they want to be working. So i started Devil Entertainment.

How the team will work

A few ground rules:
No Bullying, This comes under the grounds of constructive criticisms. Don't say that the map is shit because it is. Say the map doesn't appeal to you because...
Team Decisions:
As the director I pass all the decisions but i pass them as a team. If i hate the idea of making a slime eat a cat and have the cats owner chase him for the story line, but the rest of the team likes it, , , then we will make that game. It is a team effort and Majority votes will win. but if your side loses, a teaspoon of concrete and harden the f**k up. don't let the fact that you don't like the idea stop you from working at your best..
Replant, Don't ab band:
This Team will never be abandoned. Games may be abandoned after a team decision but when the games is abandoned we crack straight into ideas for another game.

$ $ $Money Money Money $ $ $

It is 6 months until I turn 18. When that happens i will get a paypal account and a separate bank account to the one i have currently.
This will be the Teams Bank account. The Devil Entertainment home page will then be updated to have a donate feature. once it goes into the bank account every month i will have the bank split the money evenly among all members of the team
Note that donation will not be the only way of obtaining income. Some of our games will be commercial but not all of them. Don't work any less hard on a non profit game as opposed to a commercial game. work 121% on all of them.
I am also hoping for later on down the track to have some merchandise. But that will be later on down the track when we have the money to invest.

What is needed

Artist:
Artists must be able to draw from life and design. E.g. if a designer whips up a
Crappy little sketch of a HUD design, the artist must then be able to draw a
A detailed final copy of the Design. They must also be able to draw pictures to a
Cartoon Standard. They must also be able to draw and not limited to the
Following. Hedy's, Menu screens, Title and game over screens, Parallaxes and
Much more. Another job of the artist is Concepts art. The artist Must be able to
Draw concepts of what the designers desire, E.g. Buildings or Characters.

Pixel Artist:
Pixel artists must be able to create both Characters and Original Tile sets from
From scratch. (Character Templates can be used if they are royalty free, If
There are any such Templates for tiles sets they can also be used but if you
Do use a template it is your job then to report to the Pixel Artist Manager
What site you got the templates from and exactly what the name of the
Templates are.) You may also be required to make objects that are movable
With animations e.g. a horse carriage, a glowing sword or possibly a
Government computer system with lots of different flickering lights.

Designer:
Designers are the people who tell every one what they want in the game. They
Must also be able to draw understandable images e.g. HUD and title screens.
Designers must be able to work efficiently with each Manager and each other.
They should work out a time when all of them are on line so that they can
Effectively discus their idea's and concepts of the game.

Eventer:
The Eventers Job is to do all the things that require events, e.g. cut scenes and such Not
much of a description is needed for this job.

Jurnalist: The jurnalists jobs is to scour the different Rpgmaker sites and report on the news.
They are also explected to download someof the completed games and make reviews on them.

Mapper: The mapper will be responsible for the most part, Mapping. They will need to work close with the writers and
make maps that suit the writters. Also to suit the feel of the game.

Assistant Director: The assistant director will need to be able to perform most of the task
That the director can. What the assistant will need to realise is that he
Is not the director. He can not MAKE DECISIONS by himself. All
Decisions come past the director e.g. If some one has to be kicked off
The team. The assistant director will receive the work from all of the
Managers and sort it in to two lots. One will be what he thinks that is
Good work and the other the stuff he thinks that can wait. He will then
Send these two separate folders to the director.

Director: There will only ever be one director at a time unless the current director changes
The rules. As it is a very risky thing the current director typing this suggests
There is only one director at a time. After the director or any member leaves
Devil entertainment they have no entitlement to any income from the company
Afterwards. The director is the person who will over see each and every
Project and give the final okay before any thing goes in the game and then again
The final okay for the games release. He will personally interview and read the
Resume of each applicant and beta tester applications. What the director says Goes.

Composer: The composer must be able to create music that can fit the different moods
And different in game maps. If the Composer is using a loop or any other
Sound generator then they MUST make sure it is royalty free and not a demo
Version. They must also tell the Composer manager the name and model of
The software, they must also give the composer manager the name of the
Person/company who created the software and will not start to compose with
With the software until the Business manager has cleared the use of the
Software with the Person/company who developed it. This also goes for any
Software used to record guitar, keyboard , drums etcetera.

Writer: The writers must be able to work together and keep in constant contact.
Amongst themselves they will decide who will be the main writer. The other two
Will be critics. Every week they will read the main writers progress and make
Corrections and suggestions. Also every week the three of them will take part in a
Three way msn or skype chat to discuss ideas. They must also be able to research
About the topic of the game e.g. if the game is medi-evil research medi-evil
Customs and traditions. Don?€™t just make them up. and if they are made up, then make them with the most detail you can.

Business Manager
: The Business manager is responsible for the companies legal and
Business side of things. Task that the business manager are likely and
Expected to do are: Contact the creators of any software that the
Members of Devil Entertainment are using and get the all clear
That it is okay to use their soft ware in free ware and commercial
Games. Depending on the copany they may be required to create and
Sign a contract under their name. They are expected to scout beta
Testers from the game and make them sign a contract of secrecy and
To not give out any information on the game.
Later towards the end of compleating the game, music, animation
Or what ever, they may be required to contact Magazigns, Websites
And local News papers.
The Business manager is also expected to be able to legaly write and
Produce invoices.

Tresurer: One of the most important jobs in the business. The Tresurer will be responsible
For looking after all of the money donated and they are to assist with making
The budget for games depending on how much donations are there.

Acountant: The next most important job is the accountant. This person is to have passed
Year 12 maths with a high confidence in their own mathematical ability. It is
Perfered that they have studied or are studying acounting in university, Tafe,
Or college, but it is not required. This person is to work with the tresurer and
Hand out pay checks according to how much money we have.

Scripter :
The scripter is two know the ins and outs of the language Ruby. They will be
Required to script sometimes complex scripts. including battle systems.

Site Manager: The site manager is required to maintain and update the site accordingly
All content going passed the director.

Any work Produced by Devil Entertainment is at the time of creation Immediately covered under the copy right act. All works are the property of Devil Entertainment AND their owners. If some one quits the company then we are still able to use their work for the time being and they will get the pay from that project. There will be a contract to be signed when you first join that states this.

And if any one would like to sign up as a jurnalist and review the games or RMVX.net an other site that woulld be a help as well. Our main site has a news ad reviews section.

Also note that Devil Entertainment is Not just a games company, If you want to us Endorse Books or Anime's or mangas that you have made then feel freee to ask. Thanks to those intrested in taking the time to read this. if you intrested leave a reply below and we can start talking. . . I am going to require work samples though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:35:04 AM by DevEnt »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I have passed Yr 11 VCE IT, And Am currently doing a Unit 1-2 course of Digital Multimedia in tafe.
Dude, I am so doing VCE IT next year. I take it you live in Melbourne then ._.
This is a nice thread with lots of info, I hope you get a lot of offers.
If you can't find anyone else, I might go into your composing or scripter position, but I am pretty swamped right now.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
Not melbourn, about an hour away actualy. But yeah, if your swapmed right now thats okay. WE realy do need a scripter buut  you can come back to me any time and apply, all i need then is proof of skill. but when your ready then just visit the main forum here, http://www.omega-dev.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=958&pid=18721#pid18721 and talk to me. and thanks for takin the  time to read.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
*Parallax 

Sorry, don't wanna sound snarky, but it is a part of your motto.

RMRK Junior
Thanks, i compleatly missed that..  Its a copy from my main thread whitch i spellchecked the other day. i forgot to update this one so thanks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
I would love to join as an Eventer i can upload a demo so you can see some of my work if you would like...
-FrankStallone
P.S. Do you have VX or XP?

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I will happily enroll myself as a Writer for Devil Entertainment.  I can also work as a Designer, or a Concept Artist if need be.  If you'd like to hear more detailed information on me and my desire to join your team, then please send me an email at valen-kaielson@live.com.

I will also provide examples of my written works, along with some designer work - though via my email, if that doesn't hamper you at all.

Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Music Composer
I was interested in composing for this team.

What you should know first, though, is that i write music and produce mp3 outputs that loop seamlessly enough. I know mp3 files take up more space than midi files, but for the quality of the output, I feel that this is worthwhile for you.

My blog is at http://minimozartprojects.tumblr.com/ , and i use Cubase4 by Steinberg, and Reason 4.0.1 by Propellerhead Software

Contact me if you are interested

MiniMozart