RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pockethouse Scripts (Yanfly)

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
One way to check is indeed with the Aftermath, at first i though it would be the aftermath problem.

I noticed that the aftermath error was in fact the stat problem itself.

I set actor RES to be like this:

lvl 1 = 1
lvl 2 = 999

and i fought a mage enemy, upon is death i leveled up to lvl 2. My RES should be at 999, so i should be nearly immune to any magical attack done by the same enemy. So i fight the enemy a second time. Guess what, he dealt a lot of damage.

I checked the status menu, my RES was at 999. I fought the same enemy again and guess what: he wasnt dealing any damage.

To clear up:

1st battle: Lvl 1: 1 res vs 500 spi. Damage taken: A lot.
2nd battle: Lvl 2: (supposedly 999, but actually 1) res vs 500 spi. Damage taken: A lot.
*checks status menu*
3rd battle: lvl 2: 999 res vs 500 spi. Damage taken: 1.

Anyway who cares, it seems to work fine. Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:12:20 PM by Mr G W »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks. Did the patch I gave you resolve the problem?

RMRK Junior
Yes. Everything is fine. Tyvm.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks! That is a great help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
thank you for this scripts and demos they were very useful

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Awesome, very usefoul. i just have 2 questions, if you mind to answer.
I'm using Large Party script, so my party can be as great as 10 people, and i found problem to adjust YERD_VictoryAftermath and YERD_PartyDisplay 2.0 to show more than just 4 people. They are two nice script, but when i do battle in the game, i can see just the first 4 actors, so also if i can battle with the other actors, i didnt know who is performing the action.
And in the aftermath battle, i see just the first 4 actor face and points and none of the other.
I will like to show at least 8, if not 10 [since in my game there are just 7 real actor you can use, the other are "auto-battling" so doesent mind if i cant see them.
I've tried to play around with the script, but cant find how to alter it without done some damage XD
it will be just a matter of resize the picture show and the text maibe? still i cant figure out how to solve this.
is there any way or i must just forget about using those scipts, since i need to have large party for my game?

Thanks for your time.

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Oh my God! O___________O i just realized i'm NOT using the LArge Party PAck!!!
But i still control 10 actors...how this could be???i was sure i have pasted the lage party script in my game, but i cant actualli find it anywere XD loool.
Ok i must do some reserch...but guys...thats very weird! ^^

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
ok found...that was the very first script i used and only now i found it is pasted on the wrong part, also if still working...i've pasted it in the "Insert here" above main -.-''

i'm using Party Expansion & Formation - KGC_LargeParty.
So the question remain. is there a way to make all the character visible during battle?
I've played a demo from a game who showed all the actors fighting with theyr status, faces and hp/mp visible, not just the first 4. is that possible, if it is, how?
Thanks again for your time, and sorry for the truble, i'm a bit caotic often -.-''''

Rep:
Level 97
Yanfly is back up and running on a new site and working on Yanfly Engine 6. I am sure it will have some wonderful scripts and I encourage you to check it out!

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvx/

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Damn, just what I needed. More competition for PAC. >.<
I may as well just give up now ;9
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
You can still have better modifications in certain areas that yanfly didn't cover, there's always a runner up for everything.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yanfly covers everything. There's no way I can best him.
Unless we all join forces and make the best engine ever (which would rock), he's going to dominate the scripting field once again.

Rep:
Level 69
When you say "we all" do you mean with the people making yanfly or everyone on rmrk against yanfly?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
If he ever reads this, wb Yanfly!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvx/core-scripts/item-limit/
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43522.0.html

*fake coughs very loudly*
Though I'm not one to judge; I've taken 'inspiration' from other people's scripts before. The dates are scaring the hell out of me on this one though.

Rep:
Level 82
It's not like having or using the same idea breaches copyright. It's only the original expression of that idea that is copyrightable. As long as the two ways are implemented differently in some shape or form.

Plus, it's always good to have variations of the same idea, especially when it comes to aesthetics. Because the layouts of most scripts are defined (there's no real changing them outside of things like window skins or sprite graphics), they don't always fit the style of a person's project.

It's nice to see Yanfly back up and active, though. I do like reading his scripts for technique and such - like I do with MA's scripts.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
That is true. I did notice some very large differences in the scripts. The things you can learn from breaking down other people's scripts... it's fantastic. I wonder when he'll come back to RMRK to start plugging his scripts though. He did it for YERD, didn't for YEM and I have a suspicion that he is going to do it this time around.

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
Hello, it's me, Shanghai. I somehow found my name scattered with my scripts here on this topic so I figured I'd join this site. The community seems nice enough thusfar. And if it helps any, would you all prefer it if I uploaded the SSS demo?

And I guess I'll shed some light about what happened since I know YF personally.

No real reason; as far as I know Pockethouse went down.

To sum it up, near the end of last year, YF suffered a near-fatal wound that required hospitalization. During the time YF was hospitalized, the credit card that was attached to Pockethouse expired and you can figure out the rest of the story from there.

When you say "we all" do you mean with the people making yanfly or everyone on rmrk against yanfly?

Incidentally, YF never saw scripting as a competition and instead, saw it as a community collaboration to make the engine we all know and love much more friendly to use. It's nice to work together, and I can say this especially after working with YF myself.

Plus, it's always good to have variations of the same idea, especially when it comes to aesthetics. Because the layouts of most scripts are defined (there's no real changing them outside of things like window skins or sprite graphics), they don't always fit the style of a person's project.

This has always been one of YF's views. Just because one person made a script doesn't mean that another shouldn't. For all we know, YF's script could be incompatible with many games where a script made by someone else can fit in just perfectly. As programmers, they can never cover all their blindspots especially when they provide public scripts for everyone to use.

Rep:
Level 97
Nice to see you here Shanghai! You've made a lot of great scripts.

I'm glad that Yanfly is OK now. That sounds like a terrible experience.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:28:45 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Oh hey Shanghai, nice of you to let us know what happened. It's good to clear some stuff up. It's terrible to hear what happened to Yanfly, but it's great that he's back again.
If anything, I think it would be better if scripting was viewed by everyone as a collaboration, and occasional friendly rivalry, much like the competition I have in my head with other budding scripters.
You should definitely upload the SSS demo. It would make a lot of people's search easier.
Let Yanfly know we missed him very, very much, that he's awesome and we all love him full homo. ;)

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
And here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?esr2oc5fqd7oqwn

Sorry it took so long to upload. Wasn't able to get some free time out of the week.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Ehh.
Can I ask help here? Not sure where else to do it.

Anyhow... About the Yanfly Battle scritp. After a long read though all the 5 battle scripts I could not find the awnser.
You can have Animation Battlers. The Monster and Actors.
I want the actor to be an Animation Battlers and not a CharacterSet in battle.
It says in the script:
    # If you wish to turn your actors in battle to animation battlers, edit the
    # following settings below as they do not innately have noteboxes to edit
    # unlike the enemies themselves.

# The following hash is used for actors since they do not have noteboxes.
    # Edit all of the valid stance information for them here using the following
    # format for your actors. Remember, you can add more stances if you plan on
    # using more animations for your actors.

But I am not really getting it how you make the actor animat...
I got the animations and I have added the animation IDs, but it keeps going back to the CharacterSet Battler :s
What am I doing worng?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong Topic.

MrD

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
I currently have problem understanding mechanics of Shanghai's Final Fantasy XIII Optima Change/Paradigm Shift (link: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dC7mJPaT ): I don't see any HUD about current roles or don't know how to change them. If anyone understand this script, could kindly give me some explanation or send a demo so I/we could see how it works?

RMRK Junior
Can anyone help me with YEZ equipment overhaul? Items beyond 30 will not show up on the equipment scene