RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2K3 summon {Solved}

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
I want to do a summoning system like in FFX, where all members are removed and the summon enters, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. Would someone be able to help me?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:24:08 AM by ravic001 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I haven't used RM2k3 for a very long time. I suppose the first thing you would need to be able to do is track which members are in the party at any given time. To do this, you could reserve four variables, whenever you add an actor, you would set the next variable so you track where each actor is in the party. Whenever you remove them, you take them out and bump up the others. That way, you will have variables that always tell you who is in the party.

Then, when it comes to the summon skill, you could maybe attach it to a common event which would remove all the party members and add the summon (I don't remember if this can actually be done by default in 2k3; you might need to do it by having a page in every battle which checks if any of the summon skills have been cast by other methods (maybe you could make a dummy state and inflict the user whenever the skill is cast and just check if the state is on him)). Once it is killed, you would then add the party members back in order using the variables which track them. However, you would need to find a way to make it so that it doesn't go right to gameover when the summon dies; there might be a way, but I literally haven't used 2k3 for nearly a decade and when I did, I totally sucked.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:13:45 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Okay, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I read somewhere about an item that resurrects the party if you have it, it's done by calling custom handler upon death, so I was thinking that maybe it would be possible to use something like that, where the you call the common event, which has conditional branch: if summon is in party change party members to what they were were before, or something like that. I'll fiddle around with it in a bit, and get back with it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:23:41 AM by ravic001 »