RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why don't the Terramon rule supreme? How do the humans live with them safely? Whats their relationship?

How does everybody in Final Fantasy stay alive despite being outnumbered 100 to 1 by monsters?
Magic, obviously.

That might be it! lol

The Ancients are the only Terramon that pose a threat to people and they died before people existed (except for cavemen) just like dinosaurs!

rawr

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Spoiler for:
All I have time for to make for the game in a week contest is a gameplay demo of this game!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:49:33 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
If it was a spoiler alert, why didn't you use spoilers?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Lol, I've noticed this topic has about 90% unrelated posts. +1

EDIT: +3
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:41:28 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Coz social updates go in the projects board, duh.

I'll stop posting here now.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
If it was a spoiler alert, why didn't you use spoilers?

I guess your right... I was thinking about it but it was late...

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
A Support Banner has been uploaded!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
considering you used entered the demo to this game in the Game in a Week, don't you think it should be here as well? I mean you've said close to nothing about your game's progress.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
im just waiting for the judging to be finished

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Demo is posted!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
True Statement:
Topic: Terramon  (Read 1331 times)

Random Huh?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
It's supposed to be 1337 though, and no, it's not random, that's how many people looked at it. Now I shall play this demo and come back with an Edit
EDIT:
Alright, I'll give feedback as I play the game, so, here goes.
First off, if you go to your menu you see a sprite sheet (one that isn't even finished) of a Terramon I suppose. So there's a row of the same picture as a face sprite... do something about that. You can walk on the sign. There's no music. The torches are flashing their wood at me (no homo) when they're supposed to be flickering their flames.
I got in a fight with an orb looking thing in some Tall Grass i dealt 1 damage to it would take 255 attacks to kill it and i would usually do 0 damage at random times. I turned off the game because I couldn't flee, now I'll go back and look at what else you have in the game, but since the actually Terramon combat and capturing is broken, the game, essentially, is as well. I'll keep playing now and see what else I should inform you about. The door on the bottom of the screen is a carpet... Also I can already see you're gonna need to do a lot of work on the mapping because it's bad. I checked the project file though, and saw some stuff that would have been good to include into the demo - you happen to have a ton of characters, which right now is good to see based on everything else I've seen. You've got a lot of work to do buddy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:02:06 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
It's supposed to be 1337 though, and no, it's not random, that's how many people looked at it. Now I shall play this demo and come back with an Edit
EDIT:
Alright, I'll give feedback as I play the game, so, here goes.
First off, if you go to your menu you see a sprite sheet (one that isn't even finished) of a Terramon I suppose. So there's a row of the same picture as a face sprite... do something about that. You can walk on the sign. There's no music. The torches are flashing their wood at me (no homo) when they're supposed to be flickering their flames.
I got in a fight with an orb looking thing in some Tall Grass i dealt 1 damage to it would take 255 attacks to kill it and i would usually do 0 damage at random times. I turned off the game because I couldn't flee, now I'll go back and look at what else you have in the game, but since the actually Terramon combat and capturing is broken, the game, essentially, is as well. I'll keep playing now and see what else I should inform you about. The door on the bottom of the screen is a carpet... Also I can already see you're gonna need to do a lot of work on the mapping because it's bad. I checked the project file though, and saw some stuff that would have been good to include into the demo - you happen to have a ton of characters, which right now is good to see based on everything else I've seen. You've got a lot of work to do buddy.

I made absolutley no edits to this after submiting it to the Game of the Week contest so I know it's bad... I didn't get a chance to play test because it was my bed time on the final day when I posted it. I believe the reason for the multi-pictures on the faces is the $ I accidently left infront of it when converting it from character set to faceset but it might also be the size. Soon I was gonna post a script request for a custom menu system that shows the characters sprite graphics rather then face graphics which would save me a lot of time fixing the facesets... If I was a good enough pixel artist I woud make proper facesets. I was thinking of adding some sort of equipment into the game. I will post a better demo soon when I find some extra time. If I'm still working on this game when I'mold enough to get a decent enough job (McDonald's?) I'm gonna buy a laptop so I work on my game whereever I am so the games progression will go up a lot. I thought 1331 was random because it's 1 number then the same number flipped for the second half and that's what it was last time I checked. dricc has supplied me with the snippet for releasing actors so all I need to do is get a menu system with common events. When I finish the game's mapping I will create a world map using OmegaX's world map and map saver scripts with some special features (don't want to spoil such a useful yet uninteresting feature). If I get more experienced with paint.net I will create good facesets (as mentioned earlier). I still haven't made a request for somebody to edit gsorby's party manager script to have infinate pages but I will sone since I'm getting closer to the parts where demo creation is possible... My game failed for it was not ready to be submitted. In case you haen't noticed I have added a fishing sysytem where you can fish up wild terramon. I will either make a submarine, a boat, or a big swimming terramon for crossing water but as of right now that's not happening. I will give you more information in the future for I am getting bored of typing...  :D

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

When a Terramon becomes level 99 you can use a very-rare non-purchasable item that will turn them into a level 1 again however, it will also become a super version of them with different graphics and better stats. At level one the stats would be equivelant to a level 99 of the previous Terramon. I'm not a good scripter so I will need to make a request (not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires).

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

When a Terramon becomes level 99 you can use a very-rare non-purchasable item that will turn them into a level 1 again however, it will also become a super version of them with different graphics and better stats. At level one the stats would be equivelant to a level 99 of the previous Terramon. I'm not a good scripter so I will need to make a request (not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires).
This can be done with out scripts. It might actually be more efficient to do it that way.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The script would've been for setting a party member's actor ID to a variable using Modern Algebra's PECMS script. I was gonna do this with events anyways. I put that the script is
(not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires)

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I guess if you enjoy having your project page spammed up. :/

The screenshots look decent, but the house could be a bit smaller, especially the upstairs. The door looks a little weird there, too. Also, maybe consider putting a bigger table in the living room area, or some chairs.

I FORGOT TO MENTION!!! I have chairs now!  ::)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Good, now put Demo Number 2 on it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
crap... I'll make another one soon but I just started on the second part of the intro so I'll accualy just create up to te 3rd city and release a demo then! Okay?  :lol:

EDIT: Reviewing past posts by me I realize how much my game has progressed in the past few months. It's more then I thought!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:38:26 PM by Infinate X »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Added new information ni the OP. I posted history on the Terramon and what's currently happening!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Why exactly is it up to me to save the world from this evil man trying to take it over using Terramon? Did I just wake up one morning and think, 'I'm going to stop this takeover of the world, because it seems as though nobody in the world really gives a rodent's rear about it'?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why exactly is it up to me to save the world from this evil man trying to take it over using Terramon? Did I just wake up one morning and think, 'I'm going to stop this takeover of the world, because it seems as though nobody in the world really gives a rodent's rear about it'?

You don't know about that yet ?_? You have to get about half way through the game

*New Feature

Super-Monsters

This sounds great but do you know how to do it?

I made a script request! I should check in on it >.>

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
half way through the game to actually get to the plot.

:slowclap:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
So I have to get halfway through the game to know why I'm going through the game? No motivation otherwise?
What you're saying is something like I get out of bed and decide to take on the evil lord of whom there is no conceivable chance I can defeat? And I only realize why I've done this until I've almost done it?