RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I second that notion for checking out CLOSET. See, look at all these helpful faces (usernames), RMRK can be a nice little society for everyone.

Dark Stalkers

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks for the help (from most of you)

For the rest of you who have just critisized me incase you haven't realized I don't have much planned yet but I'm not going to make this a complete, 100% ripped-off of another game (I never would) + Think about it. 75% of the games people make today are FPS games, so if you think this is a major waste of time, oh well that's your problem not mine, and every FPS game would be like a rip off of the very first FPS and nobody would buy them if they thought like you guys.

I know this website has a lot of friendly users, but it also appears to have some complete retards. There is no point in spending an hour writing a sarcastic post on a teenagers new project topic that has only been up for a few days (Yes i'm talking about you,Enrique), because I don't even have enough done in the game to even TRY to explain what currently seperates my game from the others.

I thank those of you who hae suported me these past few days, but for those of you who don't like my idea, you don't even have to read my topic, you can ignore it.

BTW, Enrique, I am a very smart kid, and I understood your sarcasm, and I do plan to make a commercial version of this game one day if it's succesful on RMRK.

EDIT: In heat of writing my comment I forgot to mention I do have some requests out, if I had a team of community members I would just be able to ask them for help with GFX and scripts once in a while when a request was up for a few weeks with no recognition.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:53:30 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Yes, I've noticed a topic of yours, I'm currently in the process of trying to aid. But still, even though it has only begun, there must be at least one creature you've thought of. Just give like a little scenario of what it can do.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
[...etc]

Hey, now, I stuck up for you. If you keep on about it then it's out of my hands. Either I can stop the flaming or I can leave you to handle it on your own, but not both. Let's just move on now alright?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
[...etc]

Hey, now, I stuck up for you. If you keep on about it then it's out of my hands. Either I can stop the flaming or I can leave you to handle it on your own, but not both. Let's just move on now alright?

I guess that's fair, and I've already said what I have to so hopefully people will learn how I feel from that comment.

Yes, I've noticed a topic of yours, I'm currently in the process of trying to aid. But still, even though it has only begun, there must be at least one creature you've thought of. Just give like a little scenario of what it can do.

Well, the evil scientist guy who is yet to be named finds a way to geneticly engineer clones of the ancient terramon (sometimes reffered to as "The Ancients") with the exact same biocode and uses there ancient evil powers that once wrecked havoc upon the world to control everything he possibly can. I have yet to name them but they come from XP monster graphics because they are awesome and perfect for my game. ^_^

Here are a few of them(not all of them though):

Best Element: Shadow
Description: The most powerful, and fierce of all The Ancients. This one has complete control of Phyche and Shadows.

Best Element: Fire
Description: An ancient dragon. Has extremely hot fire breath and is the most ferocious (And vicious) dragon Terramon that ever existed.

Best Element: Nature
Description: Hides in forests with trees that look similar to this one then eats anything that happens to pass it. It's Branch Whip is it's strongest attack.

Best Element: Water
Description: This giant squid can swim at over 200 kph, and cause tsunamis when it splashes it's tentacles.

I don't want to spoil the game anymore then I already have with this post so I'll leave it at 4 Ancients.

I hope this helps you understand my game a little, or at least helps with your curiosity. If you would like to know about more Terramon please PM me so I don't spoil my game.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Now that's more like it. And the story is much different than Pokemon... or any of the other -mons, and that's a good thing for sure. How is that the player is able to use these Ancients, though?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Well, I'm not yet sure how to make the Terramon join your party but each time you defeat one of The Ancients if you don't capture it, it can show up randomly in an area that suits it's elements (Squid thing near an ocean/beach for example)  Just like a normal Terramon you can train it, teach it skills, and you can release it. The only thing is that if you release it, it will show up right where you caught it instead of being gone forever. If I can figure out how to I may make it so each terramon has a baby form that looks the same but is about half the size and after about 5 - 15 levels the Terramon will grow up to be a normal size. To do that I will probably need a script compatable with driccs actor clones script that enables what people will probably rant as "Evolving". I would call it aging and the only thing that would happen was the Baby form Would have the Prefix "Baby ". I know there's a space after Baby but that's supposed to be there. Well anyways I'm gonna go make a script request because you inspired me to add a feature to my game with something completely unrelated.

EDIT: I spell-checked the original post and it says I made no mistakes, but it took like 10 minutes to speel check because of all the names!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:31:39 AM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Does anybody know how to make spoilers on rmrk?

Rep:
Level 71
Well, I'm not yet sure how to make the Terramon join your party

Lasso?

Rep:
Level 71
:)
To make spoilers use [ spoiler ] to start it and [/ spoiler ] to end. Without the spaces, of course. Also, to capturing, you could try a special capture skill that has a higher chance of working based on the monsters hp or something?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
What I really need is a script that makes it so items can be set to read the enemies ID and depending on the enemies ID is what common event is activated. hopefully if I request a script like that someone doesn't get lazy and make the enemy ID the same as the common event id...I'm on my way to the requesting forum!

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, you've all ignored the voice of reason. Stop bashing on a damn thirteen year old or so help me I'll ban every last one of you.

It's a kid you idiots.

I just realized that the first one to post about this being a knock-off was a super mod.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Alright, you've all ignored the voice of reason. Stop bashing on a damn thirteen year old or so help me I'll ban every last one of you.

It's a kid you idiots.

I just realized that the first one to post about this being a knock-off was a super mod.

lol

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

[M]oderators are not intended to be role models. Moderators are, before all else, members of RMRK with unique personalities, and are neither given immunity from the ... rules nor are [they] required to act in particular ways. Except where they are exercising their privileges in enforcing the rules, they are not subject to any special behavioural regulations or exceptions.

Besides, Arrow wasn't chastising anyone for calling it a knockoff; he was just protesting the way in which it was being called a knockoff given the age of the OP.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

[M]oderators are not intended to be role models. Moderators are, before all else, members of RMRK with unique personalities, and are neither given immunity from the ... rules nor are [they] required to act in particular ways. Except where they are exercising their privileges in enforcing the rules, they are not subject to any special behavioural regulations or exceptions.

Besides, Arrow wasn't chastising anyone for calling it a knockoff; he was just protesting the way in which it was being called a knockoff given the age of the OP.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Rep:
Level 71

He's not that much younger than me. Age was irrelevant (though I was still being, you know, a dick.)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
anywho.. how's the game going?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've been playing PS3 a lot lately... I'm gonna start working on my game more when I can

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I feel for you, it's really hard to work on projects when you have games to play.
*stares suspiciously at xbox*
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
I feel for you, it's really hard to work on projects when you have games to play.
*stares suspiciously at xbox*

I'd have finished Rock the World's sprites by now if it weren't for Fallout 3 calling for me.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Portal 2 comes out tomorrow so Grip's going to be on hold a bit...
I can still script (well, as good as I can).

Rep:
Level 71
Oh man, I forgot all about Portal 2... I'll probably wait a few days on that.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I wonder if there's gonna be a free download for portal 2 because my older brothers been waiting for that game...just like crysis 2 I had no idea portal 2 was coming out tomorrow...

BTW shouldn't we be discussing this in the video game discusion thread??? I know it's mostly my fault but I think we should stop talking about video games...

I'm gonna check all my threads and then chack my facebook and then start making my game  :lol:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I hope the cake is the truth this time around.

Couldn't resist.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I've heard that there will be cake, but the most appealing feature of the game is the co-op, for sure. As for getting it free, it's on Steam so I'm sure someone will crack it before the end of today :P.
/offtopic