RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I am just a humble user.
Humble? I'm surprised you haven't been
banned... for being an insufferable jerk
How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.
Why do we always have to tell people this... REP DOESN'T MATTER. Overall, I have just over -800 rep. I don't care. And I'll tell you this, your words don't necessarily not matter. I'm a scripter, you think people don't think my words matter?
Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7
Thanks man. :fistbump:
Sorry for this post, I just don't like it when stuff like this happens when I'm offline. Continue your work, let us know of any updates.

I realise we are way off topic and should continue such convos in pm. I will say this, Rep on this site, from what I see - determines how people treat you. a scripter gets more say then a mapper because they know the insides and outs of the program (IMO)

Back on topic. I would be careful in mixing too maany tiles with any current tiles you havce. some of your screen shots look pokemon(ish) so I would stick to those types of tile sets....

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
~_~ Mack tiles are SOOOOOO hard to work with D: I love them but can't keep my modern day theme with them so I might have to go back to RTP...

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Have you tried parallaxing?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There's always SwapXT.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The tiles would clash if I used SwapXT :(

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Not if you're smart about it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
RTP and Mack are very different. I understand parallax mapping in some areas but for SwapXT, it wouldn't really be worth it. I might use both, but I'm probably just going to stick with RTP. Now I'm of to check a few more threads and re-fixing my maps...

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've continued Development on my game! Here are some recent changes I've made.

• New Name
  • More progress on Maps
  • More Skills
  • New Credits Format
  • ...And Much More

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I guess it's a much more original name. But I'd like to hear about these skills and see these progressing maps.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I added skills such as Tornado, and Tsunami. Just a few more of what I call "Overload" skills. That name isn't mentioned in game. They're basicly just really powerful skills that only a select few monsters will be able to learn. There will be one skill for each element, but a Monster can only learn the one that shares an element with their main element.

For the maps, I just fixed issues that were made when I switched back to RTP tilesets, and I added some details. The only big changes I've made were in the forest maze map at the begining (right after the second town).

Since I continued the project I've also found and edited some more graphics for monsters as well as thier super monster forms. I still need lots of graphics for monsters so I can create enough of them for an interesting game.

If your still willing to help, since I haven't asked you for anything since you said you'd help, I can send you monsters that I need names for. There's a lot. I'm horrible at making interesting names. The new name for the game is an altered version of a suggestion.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I can suggest names for some monsters, as long as you provide me with a few that you've already named. Just so I can get a feel of what you're going for.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thx. I don't have any real theme. I just took some names that sounded interesting. I really linked the names entirely on the monsters themeselves. Other monsters have no relevance to the name. I'll pm you the info you need when I get home.