RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Gaian Monsters

Introduction:

In this game you will raise a party with a maximum of 4 monsters.

Current Story Progression:

The world is filled with mysterious creatures called "Gaian Monsters". The monsters have many different elements, and many different skills. People have learned how to tame these creatures and use there powers for entertainment, gambling, and improving technology. However, when one evil man tries to use there powers to take over the world it's up to you to train your own party of mand take down this threat to humanity.

History:

Gaian Monsters come from many different times and places. "The Ancients", as they're called, are really big and powerful monsters that went extinct in the Dinosaur Era. Other Gaian Monsters are just evolved forms of micro-organizms just like people and animals. The newer monsters came into being approximatley 500 years after the human race was born. Unlike other creatures, the monsters had special powers. They could do many things like calling a tsunami or make the sky rain down fire. Until 1987 people tried to saty away from these monsters. Most of them didn't bother humans but people were too scared to figure that out. In 1987 a scientist developed a small disk capable of trapping and releasing a monster at ease. Years later amazing advances in capture card technology were made. Newer technology brainwashes the Gaian Monsters to be fully obediant to people. This drove the scientist mad. He didn't want other people becoming wealthy because of his work. All he wanted was to supply the world with simple technology to improve their lives. The scientist spent until 2009 searching for The Ancient's fossils and studying the D.N.A. of each one. Within the next 2 years the evil scientist developed a cloning system. He made sure he would have complete control over them. This brings use to today. The evil scientist terrorizes cities around the country by sending his evil monsters all over the country. The only way to stop this threat is to capture the monsters and defeat the scientist. If you know one thing, it's that this will no be an easy task.

Coders:
Spoiler for:
UNKOWN
MiDas Mike
xXRandom.CrapXx
LoganForrests
Mr.Anonymous
KGC
BulletXT
Jet
Mithran
Enu
Kylock
Mr.Bubble
Shu
Moonlight
Nightwalker
Dr.Dhoom
Cozziekuns
Yanfly
Leongon
OriginalWij
Shdwlink1993
BigEd781
InfinateX
Woratona
Omegas7
Reedo
DerVVulfman
cmpsr2000
dricc
Munkis
Syvkal
Zylos
CrazyNinjaGuy
IMP1
Exhydra
Pacman
JDMLS729

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Support Banners: *Still say Terramon. Will be fixed soon.
Spoiler for:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3rrbroc[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3n2cqgh[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][img]http://tinyurl.com/3pqq8vc[/img][/url]
Thanks to Omegas7 for fixing! Now powered with tinyurl links!

Demos:
Removed cause it was really bad :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:40:57 PM by Infinate X »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Wow, what a great, original idea.

Rep:
Level 71
Wow, what a great, original idea.

Good thing he snatched this up when he did. I've heard tell of several knock-offs on their way.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
How does a terrain monster help technology? Maybe you mean digimon Can you give an example of what these terramons do?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
they power things naturally  ;)

Please don't judge me until there's more information...please?

Rep:
Level 71

You might want to consider a name change. Right now it sounds like a Digimon/Pokemon rip-off.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I thought it sounded a little bit like that but with some of the things I plan to do it will be A LOT different. trust me

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero

If you don't want people to judge you on given information, why the fuck did you post it on the internet? Couldn't you have waited until you had an actual, real idea that could be developed into a game instead of taking a well-known idea and changing a few key words? Fuck.
I love how you have a list of scripts lined up for a game that probably won't make it past a couple more posts here. It's so optimistic.
Also, change your signature. It's just stupid and annoying. It also doesn't make sense.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71

If you don't want people to judge you on given information, why the fuck did you post it on the internet? Couldn't you have waited until you had an actual, real idea that could be developed into a game instead of taking a well-known idea and changing a few key words? Fuck.
I love how you have a list of scripts lined up for a game that probably won't make it past a couple more posts here. It's so optimistic.
Also, change your signature. It's just stupid and annoying. It also doesn't make sense.

You don't like his signature?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

You don't like his signature?

lol

btw I have an idea of my own and I'm 13 so please don't swear on my posts

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't get your signature either. But I'm still waiting for what the terramons actually do. I mean, 'they power things naturally' could mean they have oil stored in their mouths and can be readily placed into a car.

AND NO SWEARING

Rep:
Level 71
I don't get your signature either. But I'm still waiting for what the terramons actually do. I mean, 'they power things naturally' could mean they have oil stored in their mouths and can be readily placed into a car.

AND NO SWEARING

Fuck yeah, free gas! Oh, no swearing. Good golly gosh, free gas!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I just saw that the main post was updated, I'm still quite new myself, so I don't know just how nice the people here can be, but I think for your first project (if it is) you should probably work alone... you know, so people can see that you know what you're doing, which would result in people wanting to work with you for anything new you come up with.

Or you can show off some gameplay.

Rep:
Level 82
Nobody's going to join if there's not really any individuality, uniqueness, or anything interesting...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Let me make this clear...
People swear on the internet. Do not go on forums looking for a clean and fun time. Unless they are forums dedicated to a single cause, which this one isn't.
I have an idea of my own
Then why don't you share it with us?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
People swear on the internet. Do not go on forums looking for a clean and fun time. Unless they are forums dedicated to a single cause, which this one isn't.
I have an idea of my own

Since this is my topic I think I have the right to say you can't swear on my topic, and if you don't I will report you.

I just saw that the main post was updated, I'm still quite new myself, so I don't know just how nice the people here can be, but I think for your first project (if it is) you should probably work alone... you know, so people can see that you know what you're doing, which would result in people wanting to work with you for anything new you come up with.

Or you can show off some gameplay.

I'm not new to RPG Maker VX but but I JUST started making this game and I have the storyline but not much more. I also not the best at graphical creation using paint and I can not script or make Audio files which is why I want to make a small team...

Rep:
Level 71
I have an idea of my own

Since this is my topic I think I have the right to say you can't swear on my topic, and if you don't I will report you.

Have you ever met one of the mods on this site? They have an ever-so-slight tendency to swear, too.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
They power things naturally. Terrain monsters. There is so much appeal there. I mean, I know virtually nothing about the plot nor the gameplay style nor the underlying moral, and whether or not one exists, and already I am completely sold to the idea of playing this game. It sounds like a game that I could play for hours and hours on end, taking the occasional bathroom break when the need arises, but putting it off for as long as I can. I hope this game eventually gets released commercially, that way I could play it on my Nintendo DS handheld system, and simply take it to the bathroom with me. Furthermore, the originality of the idea behind it is beyond describing. Never have I heard tell of any game that seems to be anything like this in any way, it is completely unprecedented, therefore, if realized, will inevitably succeed. And to imagine that a boy of only thirteen years could think up something so revolutionary? Simply astounding. I would like to help with the "production" of this masterpiece in any and every way that is humanly possible. And I shall start by administering a bit of advice: it would be a splendid idea to change the name from "Terramon" to "Pokemon" (Pokemon being short for "pocket monsters") and thus allow the monsters to be shrunken into a size small enough to fit into one's pocket once befriended, and there should also be some kind of object with the unexplained capability to hold one of these monsters, that way it can be placed in the player's pocket, or perhaps even a knapsack, hassle-free, without fear of the monster up and crawling away or something of the like. Also, a button or switch of some sort should be placed on this object, allowing the monster to be easily summoned whenever need arises (i.e. a battle or confrontation between the player's monster and an opposing monster), which reminds me, it would be utterly absurd for the player to have only one monster throughout the entire game, and would eliminate the need of any sort of contraption with the capability to contain these monsters in the first place, so I propose that a player should be able to catch and collect a plethora of monsters, each being unique with different affinities and abilities. But you don't want too many different types of monsters running about in the game world, so the number should definitely be limited. I think one hundred and fifty should suffice. And of course, having only one monster to carry around at a time would be horrid, and lugging around a sack full of 150 monster-containing contraptions would, I imagine, be strenuous for the player character, so there ought to be a set maximum number of monsters the player may be at liberty to have in their monster roster at any given time. And for yet another, better idea, I imagine that it would be quite boring for these monsters to stay practically the same through the entirety of the game, so a system of leveling up is necessary, and as a monster levels up, they should be able to learn new skills and abilities, some of which should be used solely in battle, and some of which should be usable outside of battle, in order to accomplish certain tasks, likely involving making a terrain traversible or something of that like. Also, to spice things up a bit, certain monsters should be allowed to mature, or "evolve", once they reach a certain level, however, this should be optional and there should be pros and cons that come along with each choice. And since after the player plays the game for months on end end, scouring the world and eventually obtaining all the different types of monsters, you should start a second installment, which will contain all of the same monsters from the first game, but with somewhere around 100 new additions to the bestiary, which should have a clever name. "PokeDex", meaning "pocket monster dictionary", would be an excellent idea, or at least something of that wit. And a good economically sound marketing idea, (that is assuming that eventually these games will be produced commercially) is to split the game into to seperate installments, or "versions", and slightly tweak them in ways not that important to the overall story, like certain monsters being available or more commonly encountered in only a specific version of the game, also there should be a "legendary" monster specific to each version of the game, this will definitely sell the consumers and turn them on to both installments, by making them think that there is more difference between the two titles than there actually is. This is sound marketing advice, and you see it done with a lot of franchises, both popular and non-popular, but mostly popular (MegaMan Battle Network, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.). Also, back to the subject of game content, there should be some special evil team that serves as a group of antagonists to the main character, and they should have a name having something to do with outer space (like "Team Rocket" or something), illustrating that they are motivated on a higher level than the player, and working towards the greater good or some rubbish. Anyway, the long and short of it is that this is a great original game idea and I think that if you take much of my advice and ideas into moderate consideration, you will do well. That is all the advice I have to offer.
Happy scripting! (That is, if you can script)

By the way, in case you were wondering, I am bullshitting you, and I doubt that a weak-minded fool such as yourself can even understand my satire. I apologize to all those who took the time to read this, and hope that you at least got half a giggle at it. I am done.

Rep:
Level 71
You are a genius, Enrique! Tell me, would you be interested in helping me with a new, innovative game? It utilizes various instrument-shaped controllers which the player uses to play in time to notes on a screen, thus playing an assortment of different popular songs, past and present. Could you give me any tips?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey now, you guys, there's no need to bash anyone so fervently.

The concept as it stands is rather cliche. No need to get up in arms about it. Give constructive criticism. How many "Kid saves the day" RPGs have we seen on here? If it's a total pokemon knock-off, then hooray, he made a pokemon knock-off. Move on. Read a different topic. Whatever. Just don't start bashing every kid that wanders through.

Rep:
Level 71
Hey now, you guys, there's no need to bash anyone so fervently.

The concept as it stands is rather cliche. No need to get up in arms about it. Give constructive criticism. How many "Kid saves the day" RPGs have we seen on here? If it's a total pokemon knock-off, then hooray, he made a pokemon knock-off. Move on. Read a different topic. Whatever. Just don't start bashing every kid that wanders through.

We don't tell you how to live your life. But okay, fine.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Alright, you've all ignored the voice of reason. Stop bashing on a damn thirteen year old or so help me I'll ban every last one of you.

It's a kid you idiots.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Why'd you spend the time typing that comment, Enrique?

Anyway, to the bigdog (RPGMakerVX52) Do you have any plans on any of the terramons, like an example of some kind? I don't think a team is necessary, I think you just need to speak up in the various parts of this forum to get a bit of help. There are plenty of kind folks here that could help you out with things, but a team is a bit much, make a name for yourself before that. I mean, look at Minecraft.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Okay, that got a little out of hand there. Give the kid a break now, he's 13. I know I can be an AngryPacman at times (sorry candice), but I'm sure nobody here wants a ban.
I agree completely with hiromu. Making a game can get very stressful and annoying. Get help if you ever need it, there's no (not much anyway) reason to be ashamed. For the kind of project you have in mind, I think that a lot of your scripts are a tad unnecessary and you should focus on graphics. I can't help you there, I can only do recolours, and I'm quite bad at them. People will help you if you propose a fair deal (i.e. typing with good spelling and grammar and using the templates).

Rep:
Level 72
Spell Card User
Oh hey I love pokemon :D It's good to see another young Maker, I'm tired of everybody being ten years older than I am >>;

Anyways, I don't think that many people have the time to help one projects, but I can recommend a few good material sites. Senses-circuit has a good selection of .mp3 and .wav material, both BGM and SE. CLOSET is another excellent site for graphic material. They're both in Japanese, but they should be pretty easy to figure out ^^ Please credit them if you use their material

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I second that notion for checking out CLOSET. See, look at all these helpful faces (usernames), RMRK can be a nice little society for everyone.

Dark Stalkers

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks for the help (from most of you)

For the rest of you who have just critisized me incase you haven't realized I don't have much planned yet but I'm not going to make this a complete, 100% ripped-off of another game (I never would) + Think about it. 75% of the games people make today are FPS games, so if you think this is a major waste of time, oh well that's your problem not mine, and every FPS game would be like a rip off of the very first FPS and nobody would buy them if they thought like you guys.

I know this website has a lot of friendly users, but it also appears to have some complete retards. There is no point in spending an hour writing a sarcastic post on a teenagers new project topic that has only been up for a few days (Yes i'm talking about you,Enrique), because I don't even have enough done in the game to even TRY to explain what currently seperates my game from the others.

I thank those of you who hae suported me these past few days, but for those of you who don't like my idea, you don't even have to read my topic, you can ignore it.

BTW, Enrique, I am a very smart kid, and I understood your sarcasm, and I do plan to make a commercial version of this game one day if it's succesful on RMRK.

EDIT: In heat of writing my comment I forgot to mention I do have some requests out, if I had a team of community members I would just be able to ask them for help with GFX and scripts once in a while when a request was up for a few weeks with no recognition.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:53:30 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Yes, I've noticed a topic of yours, I'm currently in the process of trying to aid. But still, even though it has only begun, there must be at least one creature you've thought of. Just give like a little scenario of what it can do.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
[...etc]

Hey, now, I stuck up for you. If you keep on about it then it's out of my hands. Either I can stop the flaming or I can leave you to handle it on your own, but not both. Let's just move on now alright?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
[...etc]

Hey, now, I stuck up for you. If you keep on about it then it's out of my hands. Either I can stop the flaming or I can leave you to handle it on your own, but not both. Let's just move on now alright?

I guess that's fair, and I've already said what I have to so hopefully people will learn how I feel from that comment.

Yes, I've noticed a topic of yours, I'm currently in the process of trying to aid. But still, even though it has only begun, there must be at least one creature you've thought of. Just give like a little scenario of what it can do.

Well, the evil scientist guy who is yet to be named finds a way to geneticly engineer clones of the ancient terramon (sometimes reffered to as "The Ancients") with the exact same biocode and uses there ancient evil powers that once wrecked havoc upon the world to control everything he possibly can. I have yet to name them but they come from XP monster graphics because they are awesome and perfect for my game. ^_^

Here are a few of them(not all of them though):

Best Element: Shadow
Description: The most powerful, and fierce of all The Ancients. This one has complete control of Phyche and Shadows.

Best Element: Fire
Description: An ancient dragon. Has extremely hot fire breath and is the most ferocious (And vicious) dragon Terramon that ever existed.

Best Element: Nature
Description: Hides in forests with trees that look similar to this one then eats anything that happens to pass it. It's Branch Whip is it's strongest attack.

Best Element: Water
Description: This giant squid can swim at over 200 kph, and cause tsunamis when it splashes it's tentacles.

I don't want to spoil the game anymore then I already have with this post so I'll leave it at 4 Ancients.

I hope this helps you understand my game a little, or at least helps with your curiosity. If you would like to know about more Terramon please PM me so I don't spoil my game.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Now that's more like it. And the story is much different than Pokemon... or any of the other -mons, and that's a good thing for sure. How is that the player is able to use these Ancients, though?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Well, I'm not yet sure how to make the Terramon join your party but each time you defeat one of The Ancients if you don't capture it, it can show up randomly in an area that suits it's elements (Squid thing near an ocean/beach for example)  Just like a normal Terramon you can train it, teach it skills, and you can release it. The only thing is that if you release it, it will show up right where you caught it instead of being gone forever. If I can figure out how to I may make it so each terramon has a baby form that looks the same but is about half the size and after about 5 - 15 levels the Terramon will grow up to be a normal size. To do that I will probably need a script compatable with driccs actor clones script that enables what people will probably rant as "Evolving". I would call it aging and the only thing that would happen was the Baby form Would have the Prefix "Baby ". I know there's a space after Baby but that's supposed to be there. Well anyways I'm gonna go make a script request because you inspired me to add a feature to my game with something completely unrelated.

EDIT: I spell-checked the original post and it says I made no mistakes, but it took like 10 minutes to speel check because of all the names!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:31:39 AM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Does anybody know how to make spoilers on rmrk?

Rep:
Level 71
Well, I'm not yet sure how to make the Terramon join your party

Lasso?

Rep:
Level 71
:)
To make spoilers use [ spoiler ] to start it and [/ spoiler ] to end. Without the spaces, of course. Also, to capturing, you could try a special capture skill that has a higher chance of working based on the monsters hp or something?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
What I really need is a script that makes it so items can be set to read the enemies ID and depending on the enemies ID is what common event is activated. hopefully if I request a script like that someone doesn't get lazy and make the enemy ID the same as the common event id...I'm on my way to the requesting forum!

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, you've all ignored the voice of reason. Stop bashing on a damn thirteen year old or so help me I'll ban every last one of you.

It's a kid you idiots.

I just realized that the first one to post about this being a knock-off was a super mod.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

It's a kid you idiots.

I just realized that the first one to post about this being a knock-off was a super mod.

lol

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

[M]oderators are not intended to be role models. Moderators are, before all else, members of RMRK with unique personalities, and are neither given immunity from the ... rules nor are [they] required to act in particular ways. Except where they are exercising their privileges in enforcing the rules, they are not subject to any special behavioural regulations or exceptions.

Besides, Arrow wasn't chastising anyone for calling it a knockoff; he was just protesting the way in which it was being called a knockoff given the age of the OP.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

[M]oderators are not intended to be role models. Moderators are, before all else, members of RMRK with unique personalities, and are neither given immunity from the ... rules nor are [they] required to act in particular ways. Except where they are exercising their privileges in enforcing the rules, they are not subject to any special behavioural regulations or exceptions.

Besides, Arrow wasn't chastising anyone for calling it a knockoff; he was just protesting the way in which it was being called a knockoff given the age of the OP.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Rep:
Level 71

He's not that much younger than me. Age was irrelevant (though I was still being, you know, a dick.)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
anywho.. how's the game going?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've been playing PS3 a lot lately... I'm gonna start working on my game more when I can

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I feel for you, it's really hard to work on projects when you have games to play.
*stares suspiciously at xbox*

Rep:
Level 71
I feel for you, it's really hard to work on projects when you have games to play.
*stares suspiciously at xbox*

I'd have finished Rock the World's sprites by now if it weren't for Fallout 3 calling for me.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Portal 2 comes out tomorrow so Grip's going to be on hold a bit...
I can still script (well, as good as I can).

Rep:
Level 71
Oh man, I forgot all about Portal 2... I'll probably wait a few days on that.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I wonder if there's gonna be a free download for portal 2 because my older brothers been waiting for that game...just like crysis 2 I had no idea portal 2 was coming out tomorrow...

BTW shouldn't we be discussing this in the video game discusion thread??? I know it's mostly my fault but I think we should stop talking about video games...

I'm gonna check all my threads and then chack my facebook and then start making my game  :lol:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I hope the cake is the truth this time around.

Couldn't resist.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I've heard that there will be cake, but the most appealing feature of the game is the co-op, for sure. As for getting it free, it's on Steam so I'm sure someone will crack it before the end of today :P.
/offtopic

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Portal 2 has been cracked for almost a week now. I bought it, though, and its pretty fun so far! It has that same humor/disturbing feeling that the first did.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Ha, crackers be quick.
I expected the same cute horror that the first one had. The puzzles look mad. I would definetly buy it if I had money, but I'll probably do the bad thing.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
When I said free I didn't mean cracking it... Portal 1 was free for about 3 days... that's when my older brother got it!  :D

EDIT: I forget what I was about to type here... :(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:59:55 AM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 75
If a script says UNKNOWN with the red text (since there is a scripter named UNKNOWN) then I need the scripter to say something.
(...)
Scrolling Descriptions Text - UNKNOWN
Mystery solved.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thank you! I thought it was him but I didn't have the proof I needed!  ;D

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I think you need a demo broski, or some screenshots by now.

Btw, Portal 2 is amazing. I just got it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Lucky...

I don't have enough game progression for a demo yet(I've mostly worked on resouces and scripts so far) but I can post some screenshot from the starting city!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Sorry for low progression the past few days I've been playing Minecraft...

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's an excellent excuse, I can't blame you.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Hey, I think I found you a way to capture your Terramon. Jameswhite89 made a tutorial using great eventing to make it where you can capture an enemy.

You can find it here. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:25:03 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@hiromu656

I know right   :D

@yuyubabe

OMGEEZERS!!!!!!!!! BTW that's the first time I ever said omgeezers...

thank you!   ;)

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
W00T REPLY 60! It would be cool if I also got reply 100 wouldn't it?

EDIT: Valdred got 100 :(
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:54:35 PM by Infinate X »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I guess if you enjoy having your project page spammed up. :/

The screenshots look decent, but the house could be a bit smaller, especially the upstairs. The door looks a little weird there, too. Also, maybe consider putting a bigger table in the living room area, or some chairs.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Oh, I just noticed that you put up some screenshots.
Well then, the house looks decent I suppose, it just needs a bit more details. Houses were always the most tedious and boring thing for me to map, but I think the best way to approach house interior mapping is to make it cluttered. Houses are made for visual impact, freedom isn't too necessary. For the town this point also applies (slightly), you leave a lot of open spaces in the town, try to make them semi-straight forward so that passage through the city is simplistic, but add a vast amount of details so that even though you don't have much freedom to run through gardens and ponds, you still get a great view of the city. Pretty much limit the amount of free expanse in the city. Then, of course, you need some people.

It's good to see a bit of graphical development finally displayed, you have some work to do, but progress is progress.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
RTP TILESETS!!! Kill it!
It's bad enough without you keeping your maps empty.
Nature isn't shapely. It's random; it's fun.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The RTP Tileset doesn't have much modern things but I tried my best, and I'm not sure where to get a decent modern Tileset however I did find some objects I moved from a Tileset to some character sheets. I will try to make the houses look better but there's no promise... it may be worse...

@Welfare-Daddy Pacman

If the trees were cut down they would be cut to shape the city. The next part which is not shown in the screenshots is shape more like all that happen was a path through the forest was formed.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
couldn't find any better tilesets so it'll have to do

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
In the intro should I start with:
"The world is filled with mysterious creatures called "Terramon" meaning, Terrain Monsters. The Terramon have many different elements, and many different skills. People have learned how to tame these creatures and use there powers for entertainment, gambling, and improving technology."

or:
"In this world exists many unique races a monsters known
as Terramon. They have many special abilities. Some
known, some secret. Some people use there abilities for
many different things.
Technology, competiton, entertainment,\.\.\. even battles."

I don't know how to do polls but if somebody does please let me know.

It would help a lot!  :lol:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Second one sounds too much like Pokemon intro, slightly more than the first one. If you don't conjure up anything else, go with the first one.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
anybody think I should mix the first sentence of the 2nd one and the rest of the first one? I like it that way best!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Do whatever the hell you want to.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It's your game bud. It might make sense asking for guidance on larger themes, but if you sacrifice every tiny detail of the game-making process to the community, then it is tough to see where the fun is in making a game. In addition, it will probably be terrible since there isn't a single person on the forum who is stupider than all of us put together.

Make your game your way.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I understand that but for the intro I wasn't sure which one of the two was better and I couldn't decide but then  I had the idea 2 mix them

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Why don't the Terramon rule supreme? How do the humans live with them safely? Whats their relationship?

Rep:
Level 71
Why don't the Terramon rule supreme? How do the humans live with them safely? Whats their relationship?

How does everybody in Final Fantasy stay alive despite being outnumbered 100 to 1 by monsters?
Magic, obviously.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

How does everybody in Final Fantasy stay alive despite being outnumbered 100 to 1 by monsters?
Magic, obviously.

That might be it! lol

The Ancients are the only Terramon that pose a threat to people and they died before people existed (except for cavemen) just like dinosaurs!

rawr

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Spoiler for:
All I have time for to make for the game in a week contest is a gameplay demo of this game!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:49:33 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If it was a spoiler alert, why didn't you use spoilers?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Lol, I've noticed this topic has about 90% unrelated posts. +1

EDIT: +3
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:41:28 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Coz social updates go in the projects board, duh.

I'll stop posting here now.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
If it was a spoiler alert, why didn't you use spoilers?

I guess your right... I was thinking about it but it was late...

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
A Support Banner has been uploaded!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
considering you used entered the demo to this game in the Game in a Week, don't you think it should be here as well? I mean you've said close to nothing about your game's progress.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
im just waiting for the judging to be finished

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Demo is posted!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
True Statement:
Topic: Terramon  (Read 1331 times)

Random Huh?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
It's supposed to be 1337 though, and no, it's not random, that's how many people looked at it. Now I shall play this demo and come back with an Edit
EDIT:
Alright, I'll give feedback as I play the game, so, here goes.
First off, if you go to your menu you see a sprite sheet (one that isn't even finished) of a Terramon I suppose. So there's a row of the same picture as a face sprite... do something about that. You can walk on the sign. There's no music. The torches are flashing their wood at me (no homo) when they're supposed to be flickering their flames.
I got in a fight with an orb looking thing in some Tall Grass i dealt 1 damage to it would take 255 attacks to kill it and i would usually do 0 damage at random times. I turned off the game because I couldn't flee, now I'll go back and look at what else you have in the game, but since the actually Terramon combat and capturing is broken, the game, essentially, is as well. I'll keep playing now and see what else I should inform you about. The door on the bottom of the screen is a carpet... Also I can already see you're gonna need to do a lot of work on the mapping because it's bad. I checked the project file though, and saw some stuff that would have been good to include into the demo - you happen to have a ton of characters, which right now is good to see based on everything else I've seen. You've got a lot of work to do buddy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:02:06 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
It's supposed to be 1337 though, and no, it's not random, that's how many people looked at it. Now I shall play this demo and come back with an Edit
EDIT:
Alright, I'll give feedback as I play the game, so, here goes.
First off, if you go to your menu you see a sprite sheet (one that isn't even finished) of a Terramon I suppose. So there's a row of the same picture as a face sprite... do something about that. You can walk on the sign. There's no music. The torches are flashing their wood at me (no homo) when they're supposed to be flickering their flames.
I got in a fight with an orb looking thing in some Tall Grass i dealt 1 damage to it would take 255 attacks to kill it and i would usually do 0 damage at random times. I turned off the game because I couldn't flee, now I'll go back and look at what else you have in the game, but since the actually Terramon combat and capturing is broken, the game, essentially, is as well. I'll keep playing now and see what else I should inform you about. The door on the bottom of the screen is a carpet... Also I can already see you're gonna need to do a lot of work on the mapping because it's bad. I checked the project file though, and saw some stuff that would have been good to include into the demo - you happen to have a ton of characters, which right now is good to see based on everything else I've seen. You've got a lot of work to do buddy.

I made absolutley no edits to this after submiting it to the Game of the Week contest so I know it's bad... I didn't get a chance to play test because it was my bed time on the final day when I posted it. I believe the reason for the multi-pictures on the faces is the $ I accidently left infront of it when converting it from character set to faceset but it might also be the size. Soon I was gonna post a script request for a custom menu system that shows the characters sprite graphics rather then face graphics which would save me a lot of time fixing the facesets... If I was a good enough pixel artist I woud make proper facesets. I was thinking of adding some sort of equipment into the game. I will post a better demo soon when I find some extra time. If I'm still working on this game when I'mold enough to get a decent enough job (McDonald's?) I'm gonna buy a laptop so I work on my game whereever I am so the games progression will go up a lot. I thought 1331 was random because it's 1 number then the same number flipped for the second half and that's what it was last time I checked. dricc has supplied me with the snippet for releasing actors so all I need to do is get a menu system with common events. When I finish the game's mapping I will create a world map using OmegaX's world map and map saver scripts with some special features (don't want to spoil such a useful yet uninteresting feature). If I get more experienced with paint.net I will create good facesets (as mentioned earlier). I still haven't made a request for somebody to edit gsorby's party manager script to have infinate pages but I will sone since I'm getting closer to the parts where demo creation is possible... My game failed for it was not ready to be submitted. In case you haen't noticed I have added a fishing sysytem where you can fish up wild terramon. I will either make a submarine, a boat, or a big swimming terramon for crossing water but as of right now that's not happening. I will give you more information in the future for I am getting bored of typing...  :D

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

When a Terramon becomes level 99 you can use a very-rare non-purchasable item that will turn them into a level 1 again however, it will also become a super version of them with different graphics and better stats. At level one the stats would be equivelant to a level 99 of the previous Terramon. I'm not a good scripter so I will need to make a request (not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires).

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

When a Terramon becomes level 99 you can use a very-rare non-purchasable item that will turn them into a level 1 again however, it will also become a super version of them with different graphics and better stats. At level one the stats would be equivelant to a level 99 of the previous Terramon. I'm not a good scripter so I will need to make a request (not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires).
This can be done with out scripts. It might actually be more efficient to do it that way.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The script would've been for setting a party member's actor ID to a variable using Modern Algebra's PECMS script. I was gonna do this with events anyways. I put that the script is
(not for the system for something I tried to make that this feature requires)

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I guess if you enjoy having your project page spammed up. :/

The screenshots look decent, but the house could be a bit smaller, especially the upstairs. The door looks a little weird there, too. Also, maybe consider putting a bigger table in the living room area, or some chairs.

I FORGOT TO MENTION!!! I have chairs now!  ::)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Good, now put Demo Number 2 on it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
crap... I'll make another one soon but I just started on the second part of the intro so I'll accualy just create up to te 3rd city and release a demo then! Okay?  :lol:

EDIT: Reviewing past posts by me I realize how much my game has progressed in the past few months. It's more then I thought!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:38:26 PM by Infinate X »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Added new information ni the OP. I posted history on the Terramon and what's currently happening!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Why exactly is it up to me to save the world from this evil man trying to take it over using Terramon? Did I just wake up one morning and think, 'I'm going to stop this takeover of the world, because it seems as though nobody in the world really gives a rodent's rear about it'?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why exactly is it up to me to save the world from this evil man trying to take it over using Terramon? Did I just wake up one morning and think, 'I'm going to stop this takeover of the world, because it seems as though nobody in the world really gives a rodent's rear about it'?

You don't know about that yet ?_? You have to get about half way through the game

*New Feature

Super-Monsters

This sounds great but do you know how to do it?

I made a script request! I should check in on it >.>

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
half way through the game to actually get to the plot.

:slowclap:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
So I have to get halfway through the game to know why I'm going through the game? No motivation otherwise?
What you're saying is something like I get out of bed and decide to take on the evil lord of whom there is no conceivable chance I can defeat? And I only realize why I've done this until I've almost done it?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
*New Feature

Super-Monsters

This sounds great but do you know how to do it?

I made a script request! I should check in on it >.>

1) Why don't you just learn eventing and scripting yourself? After all you are making a game
2) Why list it as a feature if you have no idea if it is going to happen :/

Sorry, but... it's the truth

I already know how to event, I'm currentley learning RGSS2, and I already have soembody making the script. I requested on OmegaDev in a shop. It's not the truth.  >:(

You don't need to go half way but it's not the very beggining when you learn that some evil guy wants to enslave the world.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I know how to do this with events (it's extremly simple) but I'm using dricc's actor clones so I CAN'T!!! The basic event commands can not do this because they can not edit the database. That is why I need a script. At first I thought I could do it with events but I can't. I can't use the script call either since actor clones can not change actors IDs or the original IDs. I also have A LOT more time until my game is finished and I haven't even come close to finishing the database. If you would check into to things that would be simple to figure out.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I ment if you checked the original post you would see dricc's actor clones and you would've known that I have a cloning script. After that if you checked the script's topic you would've found the script and you would be able to check it over and understand that I can not use events for the Super-Monsters.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
You ddin't ask you said I couldn't event

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
on this one, I side with infinitex... he's right, the whole point of having the list of scripts used isn't only for credit, but for support should an error come up that someone wishes to help with.

Although, in his request concerning his problem (which sparked Valdred's assertion that IX couldn't event), IX should have stated that he was using said script, and therefore eventing was impossible.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Alright, I'm usually one to join in with this, and I'm not trying to be a member mod, but Valdred, you don't need to have the last word. I actually do agree that if someone asks for help the person trying to help them should learn everything they can about the error, including scripts, systems, known problems, etc.
most game creators are happy to answer questions about their games.
So, can you tell me why I'm trying to save the world? I really don't feel like getting up and taking on big superpowers today. I need reason.
Nobody is going to check trough all your scripts and each of their topics (necessary because you never know which ones are relevant) when they can just ask instead. End of story
That's not true. I do that sometimes, it sames time caused by not checking things I could've. There's not much reason for why people shouldn't do all they can if they're offering help in the first place.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Infinite X, could you drop a few updates for this game? Because this whole topic is turning into a bundle of irrelevant arguments.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:09:17 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Good idea.

^ Needs the last word.

on a more IX-related note, I think that you should make a new character type with the starting stats of the highest stats from the first class and have an event that simply asks if person x= 99 and changes them to level 1 with a message that basically says "______ has reached a new Tier~!" or something along those lines... I think I might be able to work it out on the how tomorrow or the next day...

EDIT: Ergh... I just read further into it and I realize you cannot get rid of the actors... sigh... Idk what to do...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:32:03 AM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
$game_party.remove_actor($game_variables[VARIABLE ID])
No?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
$game_party.remove_actor($game_variables[VARIABLE ID])
No?

ergh... I didn't think of that... Care to chalk it up to an off day??? Yeah, I just saw that you couldn't use the normal commands and assumed... so... yeah... I'm not too bright last night...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I win. Don't worry, I've had a pretty lazy week. I haven't written any scripts at all. I've just been trollin', the usual.

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
It's probably an issue long past, but learning to do anything is a lot easier said than done on your own. I learnt most of my eventing/RGSS2 from a mixture of hassling people and initiative, and I started on RMVX at 12.

Infact, I think that applies more broadly to the topic, and to anybody who's ripping this guy's thing to shreds. It might not be amazing - hell, it might not even be good - but everybody starts somewhere. The fact that he's getting so much attention is probably a godsend in the first place, and this'll be a pretty influential point if he goes on to make other - much better - games in the future.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
I agree. But you have to learn to do it properly first, and as a more learned user of the maker, you shouldn't object to helping him outright, and tell him to 'learn to event himself'. I dunno.

Moving on; the game itself. You need to seriously work on your mapping, bud. Open, repetitive, blank space, when it comes to mapping on these of makers, is a huge sign of amateurism. Which does not look good. On the other end of the spectrum, clumping a map full of unnecessary crap doesn't work either.

The best tip I've seen being thrown around is that 'nature isn't symmetrical'. In real life, forests are not equally four squares long on either side with an exact width of six squares for a naught-but-grass path in between. Don't be afraid to make the edges jagged. Chuck some plants in there, too. Maybe a few twigs, or perhaps some logs somebody's left behind.

Secondly; look into getting a battlebacks script. They're not too hard to find; I use Synthesize's personally. The way RMVX creates the natural battle backgrounds is ghastly. This takes a lot of time to put into use properly, but using a tool like MWSnap, or even just knowing how to printscreen, and spending max 10 minutes organising a battleback - if you're copy-pasting from the maker - is a cheap trade-off for an infinitely better looking battle system.

You might want to look into getting an ATB or CTB system, too. As things are, the simple Tankentai SBS is pretty much an added on requirement for RMVX. I find it too... static. Again, your call on all of this. Just my input on the whole thing.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Then that was a misconception on my part. What's the point of arguing about this, anyway?
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@Valdred

I understand where your coming from, but the script name "Actor Clones" seems like enough to tell people that this script edits the database, which normally can nt be done. If the script could be set up to do the Super-MOnster feature (with some work) then I still wouldn't because it would takes hours of eventing. I'm a pretty godo eventer but I try to keep my events small without lacking any functionality.

@Sky_Of_Order

Your first post was exactley hat I was trying to say, however with your next post... it was the same problem as valdred. In the screenshots you can see that I'm using Tankentia SBS ATB. I understand in the credits I didn't put ATB but it's just best if everybody checks out the full thread before replying. I've done something similar on OmegaDev with a script and got ripped on for it (The script was posted in an atatchment but not in the OP and I didn't download it). Again I just ask that everybody reads the full thread.

@ Pacman and Sashikinaroji

It's not possible to use dricc's actor clones and super-monsters with events. That's why I requested a script for super-monsters. I asked that it would be compatable with Actor Clones and provided the script.

I understand your both trying to help but you have to use the script to fully understand it.

@Hiromu656

I wish I could add some updates but my last update was a few days ago and I've been working on a request for a title screen somebody made on OmegaDev (GFX Cream Request) so I haven't been able to make any progress.

@ Valdred (again)

When you posted I was just about to post my reply and it asked that I read your reply. You haven't answered any questions for me. Infact, you've done the opposite. You've provoked more questions for me whioch I have just answered. As you can read above, if you don't care for my game, you can flame and spam another games topic.

Rep:
Level 84
Your first post was exactley hat I was trying to say, however with your next post... it was the same problem as valdred. In the screenshots you can see that I'm using Tankentia SBS ATB. I understand in the credits I didn't put ATB but it's just best if everybody checks out the full thread before replying. I've done something similar on OmegaDev with a script and got ripped on for it (The script was posted in an atatchment but not in the OP and I didn't download it). Again I just ask that everybody reads the full thread.

Then it was a mistake. Don't patronise me, I read the entire thread and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep here, and I'm trying to help you at the same time. I'm sorry for overlooking something, but it happens.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The Title Screen should in no way halt your game's progress. Just do that later.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Looked at the screenshots and I really hope that Kyogre is a nickname, else your going to get a lot of flame. Going to agree with sOO and say that your mapping is a bit bland, and that you could probably improve on that.

Storywise, game seems a little to very cliche, even the name Terramon suggesting something akin to Poke/Digimon, though I assume people have adressed this issue already.

Also, how exactly does the catching system work? I played the demo for laughs and found that I the orbs didn't do anything on the goo (I assume the goo is a Terramon).

Rep:
Level 84
Dude, it's a Kygore, get it right.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
All we need to do is figure out how where he is storing the variables for levels on the clones and have them check that array for the value "99" if it is "99", then you would have a menu come up saying what's up and everything...

I don't know how to do this, but I am trying to find out... I just need to take a deep, long look at this script, however, since it is nearly 100 degrees out right now, i am going to spend this beautiful day in the pool from hence forth.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I'm sorry if I offended some of you with posts when you didn't pay full attention for what ever reason but I keep getting the same things in nearly every post.

I just ask that if your going to say the same things as nearly everybody else, please don't.

I'm accualy going to start on the game again. I'm also posting a Poll with a very important question! It's about the capture method.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
That's not what I'm talking about. I mean everybody saying it's like pokemon because on RPGRevolution I just a few hours ago post a reply on my topic that was about as big as 3 or 4 paragraphs explaining the differences between pokemon and terramon.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Yeah, right...  ::)

Only two people have mentioned pokemon since page 3... one of them is you.

EDIT: And since you named one of your guys after a pokemon (or had an extremely bizarre coincidence), Sky and Cozzie don't count.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
* You just changed the first syllable of the name
A-hem! I demand a recount.
po-ke-mon
ter-ra-mon

Rep:
Level 84
That's not what I'm talking about. I mean everybody saying it's like pokemon because on RPGRevolution I just a few hours ago post a reply on my topic that was about as big as 3 or 4 paragraphs explaining the differences between pokemon and terramon.

Wow. THREE PARAGRAPHS? That's elite, really.

Dude, seriously, a) don't let people get in your way if you want to do this, seriously. That's where I stand with all my games.
b) if you want other people to download it, three or four paragraphs is not going to convince them. Seriously, bud. It'd the truth.
c) WORK ON PROVING THEM WRONG. Make it different. Like how Monster Rancher is still a monster-capture game, but it's worlds different from Pokemon. Change the systems. And, honestly, I'd advice changing the name too.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
And, honestly, I'd advise changing the name too.

That's already been suggested and denied... Followed by mods coming in and yelling at us...

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Or you can keep the game the way it is and actually finish it.

Rep:
Level 84
And, honestly, I'd advise changing the name too.

That's already been suggested and denied... Followed by mods coming in and yelling at us...

Well if he doesn't listen to suggestions if they're being repeated and repeated, without at least offering a decent, viable reasoning, I'd think that makes him ignorant. If he's being ignorant, he's not likely to get a huge audience on this.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Now, upon his request, I will not post more here. Unless someone talks about me and I feel obliged to answer that is.
That Valdred guy is awesome!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I agree with Hiromu since this is my game and I don't HAVE to change anything. I don't understand how saying "No I don't want to put that in MY game" would make me ignorant.

@Valdred

I never said I didn't want you to post here because that would be ignorant, I just don't want you constantly repeating yourself know your going to get the same response. When you changed your reply and accualy posted the questions directly instead of hiding them in your post I answered them. I'm not going to analyse every reply and see if there's a hidden message in them. That's what was annoying me.

@ Sky_Of_Order

I'm not sure if this is intentional or just your ideas on my game keep changing, but your posts seem to be getting more negative each time you post. Game topic are mainly for postive feedback and suggestions. Not for saying you don't like the game maker.

Rep:
Level 84
I hope this doesn't come out badly, but an attitude like "I don't HAVE to change anything" isn't going to help out your game. Don't kid yourself. Your game isn't terrible because nobody is agreeing with you, but rather because your mapping, system, demo is not the greatest (from what I've seen) and your game needs improvement overall. The fact that almost everyone is giving you harsh criticism is a symptom of your game being at best mediocre, and though it is neither the cause nor the proof of it, it should still motivate you to fix up your game to a standard where not only will you feel much more satisfied with your game, but other people will too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:38:56 PM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Slash Bulk - 2011 edition

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I agree with Hiromu since this is my game and I don't HAVE to change anything. I don't understand how saying "No I don't want to put that in MY game" would make me ignorant.
I guess I was a bit too dry in my comment, what I meant was that on issues such as story, titles (if not copyrighted) and how you want the game to play out should mostly be up to you. But when you have bad graphics and an overall broken capture system, taking a bit of advice isn't the worse thing in the world. But still, you don't have to change anything, but in the end your game will surely get more attention if you try to appeal to us.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I know. I'm just saying I don't HAVE to change anything. That doesn't mean I won't. I'm just saying it's not a comunity game, it's my game. Everything that happens is up to me. If I ask people for what they want or somebody suggests something I like, then I'll change it. Other then that I won't. If everybody who suggested something got what they wanted then my game would have a different name and it would probably be horrible.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If everyone suggests something, just for example, like changing the name to something a little less lawsuit-inducing, one would think that the general idea that everyone ever wants, would be beneficial to your game's production in that people might actually want to play it.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i'm pretty sure if digimans and pogeymans didn't lawsuit eachother they wouldn't lawsuit terramans

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
the pogeymans guy was in kahootz with the digimans guy. its all a big conspiracy.
neither pogeymans nor digimans has anything to lose if they act on the terremans.

Rep:
Level 94
They're all just made up words, anyway. Pocket Monsters, Digital Monsters, who gives a fuck?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Japanese people?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Japanese people?

So true...

So, Infinite, have you how's that script that you requesting coming along???

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
hey valfred, stuff it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Just don't flame my topic!

@Pac-man

I'm not gonna get sued. It's not my game is an exact copy with different monsters. Even the people on facebook who made a game that was pretty much the exact same as Pokemon and I'm pretty sure they didn't get sued. The only difference I noticed is that most of the monsters were dragons. That acuually used little bals to capture things too.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
The Japanese love suing Canadian children. Be careful.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
why would I? I feel like posting

You're being annoying and ridiculous. Stop starting pointless arguments.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
This whole thread feels kinda annoying and ridiculous, so it's not like he's adding much fuel to the fire.

Still, this is a legitimate project, so let's try to cut back on all the pointless banter aside from genuine constructive criticism and updates and whatnot. If MA finds out what's been going on in here, there's going to be a storm.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Wait a minute! I don't remember saying I'm Canadian on RMRK! It's true but you scare me now...

@Bayard

Thank you for the attempt but that only helps for so long... >.>

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
im sorry but terramon? why not just call it: "Irippedoffpokemonsomygameisterramon"?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
im sorry but terramon? why not just call it: "Irippedoffpokemonsomygameisterramon"?
You're so cool...

And to Infinite X, it says Canada on your profile - but what Terramons do you need help naming?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@Hiromu

Currently I have 9 badly named Terramon and I'm not even close to finishing the actors portion of the database...  :(

@Adrien.

Please don't start another flame war. I don't know how many times I've said this but if you don't like my game, go to a different game thread. My purpose in life isn't to make people happy. If you enjoy my game, that's good. If you have soemthing constuctive to say, that's good. If you have a comment like yours, stay away from my game.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I'm starting too feel as if I should just close this and make the people who accually contributed to the topic with reasonable posts wait just to stop the flaming.

FOR EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO HAVE AN UNRELATED CONVERSTATION, OR DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE BY POSTING, GO ELSEWHERE!!

The senseless flaming and spamming needs to stop right now!

Rep:
Level 84
Semi-Pro Tip: Don't lose your temper over something as meaningless as this.

Also, please change your area checking. In some parts of the tall grass, no Terramon appear.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:48:02 PM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
I'm starting too feel as if I should just close this and make the people who accually contributed to the topic with reasonable posts wait just to stop the flaming.

FOR EVERYBODY WHO WANTS TO HAVE AN UNRELATED CONVERSTATION, OR DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE BY POSTING, GO ELSEWHERE!!

The senseless flaming and spamming needs to stop right now!
Dont acknowledged them and PM the resident mod.

When i first read the post i though  it would be something like the creatures in golden sun. Honestly im just glad its not a  "Ultimate Golden Fire Ruby/Red version."

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I can't deal with constant flaming. Constructive critisism is perfect, but not meaningless flaming and spam.

I didn't have time to test the demo before submiting it to the contest so there were major bugs in it. I messed up my first game after 4 days so I only had 3 to make that one...  :-[

@KidKay

If the flaming doesn't stop I'm gonna have to start reporting people just so I can accually get something done without having too come back multiple times a day to make sure nobody's flaming, arguing or just plain saying ym game si a piece of crap.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
If you want to report me, fine. But I haven't done anything wrong. You are just trying to get sympathy. You aren't still buthurt because I thought you couldn't script right?
Bro, you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@ Valdred

I never said you were doing it, I said if people continue.
...If the flaming doesn't stop I'm gonna have to start reporting people...

For you I've made sure the identifiying word is easily visible so you can stop complaining.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Again if you have nothing to contribute (no contructive critism/suggestions) don't post. This is my last warning.

Also I would not like a new support bar. I will make my own.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I never really noticed that! Thanks!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
By the way, it's spelled 'Consultant'. Just putting that out there.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
By the way, it's spelled 'Consultant'. Just putting that out there.
Also, 'Infinite'.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
and constructive goes right out the window...

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'll volunteer to make monster names, but what kind of names do these Terramon have? Are they the pokemon type, names with puns in them, or just random names?

Rep:
Level 84
I'll volunteer to make monster names, but what kind of names do these Terramon have? Are they the pokemon type, names with puns in them, or just random names?

From the POV of a potential player, I think most people on here are intelligent enough that they'd like the names to have some sustenance and meaning, so it doesn't feel patronising as a franchise. Perhaps you should draw inspiration from mythologies or demonologies of various religions.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
and constructive goes right out the window...
because correcting his terrible spelling isn't going to help him draw people to his game.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Wow, I wasn't trying to insult anyone's intelligence, I was just trying to get a basis on what type of names he was looking for... And you should be telling Infinite X that not me.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
@Hiromu
Just anything better then what I have. Most of them are good but I'm running out and of name ideas and I'm not even close to finsihing my database. When I need help thinking of a name I'll just PM you the sprites with current names (if one was given) and if you can think of any just reply and I'll look for one I like! (NOTE: Any idea has potential I ussually think of 5 or 6 names before deciding on one)

@Pac-Man
I didn't notice I put an E. I just messed up.

@Acolyte
I made sure it was spelled how I wanted it.

@Strike Reyhi
The one time I used the Spell Check on RMRK was to make sure my OP didn't have any mistakes and it didn't xD

I have very good spelling. Most of my mistakes are because I type really fast. I ussually spot them and fix them right away.

@Sky_Of_Order (Didn't mess up this time xD)
That's accualy a good idea (constructive returns!)

I don't really know anything in Mythology or Demonology I could use but taking words from ancient languages and current languages that use the same characters as english is a good idea! Maybe even some Asian languages since when google adds the English pronunciation it doesn't look to bad!

Rep:
Level 94
I have very good spelling. Most of my mistakes are because I type really fast. I ussually spot them and fix them right away.

:V

I love ya, dude, but I couldn't resist.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

:V

I love ya, dude, but I couldn't resist.

???

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

@Acolyte
I made sure it was spelled how I wanted it.
is your name Nate or something or do you just hate the concept of proper spelling.

I don't really know anything in Mythology or Demonology I could use but taking words from ancient languages and current languages that use the same characters as english is a good idea! Maybe even some Asian languages since when google adds the English pronunciation it doesn't look to bad!
start reading then. It's best if you have to pull ideas from mythology to have a good knowledge base on the subject. otherwise your game ends up like Daikatana with Rome filled with skeletons and giant spiders.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
My names not Nate I just wanted to spell Infinite with an A. Also my game has a Giant Spider and Spiders :o

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
20 more days to vote!

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

Ok, I'll bite: to vote for what?

Rep:
Level 84
The poll at the top :a:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

Correct! Although after posting I realized it was past midnight so it's only 19 days...

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I to

:derp:

I voted so long ago, I forgot it was a poll...

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks for voting! I'm not sure with this forum but on OmegaDev the votes are tied o.O

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet or not, but I'll throw some constructive advice out there if you need it :) This is just what I have to say from looking at your screenshots.

-I think you should try using mack tilesets instead of the RTP, they look MUCH better. Your mapping is better then mine was when I first started RPGVX, so I think you'd do pretty well with Mack's tilesets. They can be found here: http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/modules/refmap/index.php?mode=vx-map (click ENGLISH in the corner to put the page in english, if it isn't already).

-Another hint for mapping. Use Lunarea's fabulous stuff xD and try out some parallex mapping (i havent been on RPGVX for awhile, I may have used the wrong word there, but I will return to my RPGVX ways soon). This can be kind of difficult, so you don't HAVE to do this at all but it makes everything look more cluttered and realistic and there is no limit to how much stuff you can use. I'll attach an example of something I've made with parallex mapping. It's not the most fabulous, but compared to what I'd normally do I was actually quite proud of myself for this one *sniff*.

Anyways, I hope I was of any help! ^^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:12:55 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
The thing with parallax mapping is that it takes forever and increases your filesize (if you do it with every map). If you do use parallax mapping, I suggest you have a look at one of Exhydra's excellent tutorials on optimizing filesize.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks fro all your helop Yuyu!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The poll is being ended early since I have decided to do both fashions!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
New poll about battle stytle! I'm gonna make a version with Sideview and a version with Requiem but I want to know which one I should use first!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Just make one.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I want to do both it wouldn't be to hard :D

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Making another version of the same game just to change the battle system is dumb. Just pick one. Either that or make some way of changing the battle style from the menu.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The only way I know of doing that is using melody... I'm already using Tankentai though

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This si being dealt with so only 1 game file will be needed :P

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
bump o.O Didn't realize it's been a month D:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
It's never ok for the topic-starter to bump without good reason.  Good reasons include: News about release dates or abandonment, new information regarding the project (including screens and just general information), asking opinions from those watching your topic regarding your game, and any other sorts of announcements.

You simply bumped because no one had commented on your game for a month, as far as I can see...

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Have you even done anything with this game?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
you were banned from Omega dev for spam....I see your last three posts in this thread are spam....Maybe you should learn and grow. Also DON'T BUMP unless you have something to offer like new features, new screen shots or something new.

Another thing:

Only make ONE game with ONE battle style. We dont care how we kill the monsters or capture your pokemon rip off creatures, what we care about is the story and the character development.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Adrian: Infinate's posts are not spam, at least in the sense of the kind we'd actually dish out bans for. His posts tend to be generally pointless and sometimes even annoying, true, but we're certainly not going to ban him for that. If we banned people just for making useless posts or being annoying, I'm pretty sure that all of us (even you) would have to be banned at some point.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I didnt say you would, I am saying he was banned for two weeks from Omegadev for posts like this....Just pointing it out so he doesn't become...annoying. How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
You banned someone simply because you thought they were annoying?

Edit: Also, my apologies to Infinate for going off-topic a bit.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
My apologies as well and No I am not a moderator there. I am just a humble user.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I didnt say you would, I am saying he was banned for two weeks from Omegadev for posts like this....Just pointing it out so he doesn't become...annoying. How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.

Weren't you banned from like every other rpg maker site for being an insufferable jerk? ?_?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:13:01 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
You know what? I'm tired of post like these. From now on if your post has no relevance to my game, is just another post saying "I don't like your game", or a comment to a post that another user stupidly made, don't post it here. I understand now that I should've posted something with some relevance with my last post, and I won't pointlessly bump again. I'm going to start reporting posts that are just pointless spam.

I have some more progression and I'll post here within a few days. Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7 so I can't  ;8

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Making another version of the same game just to change the battle system is dumb. Just pick one. Either that or make some way of changing the battle style from the menu.

Yup I was recently IP banned from RRR and RPmaker vx forums. I hang out here and in Omega Dev.

You know what? I'm tired of post like these. From now on if your post has no relevance to my game, is just another post saying "I don't like your game", or a comment to a post that another user stupidly made, don't post it here. I understand now that I should've posted something with some relevance with my last post, and I won't pointlessly bump again. I'm going to start reporting posts that are just pointless spam.

I have some more progression and I'll post here within a few days. Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7 so I can't  ;8

Thats being a bit dramatic...in no way does it say "we hate your game"....

Rep:
Level 82
I believe those were examples of what he doesn't want to see, not what he has been seeing. I hate to seem like back-seating, but these last set of posts aren't really offering much within the context of the thread. It should probably stop before it gets a little out of control. Let's just keep it on topic for a change.

Looking forward to seeing what progress has been so far, Infinate.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I am just a humble user.
Humble? I'm surprised you haven't been
banned... for being an insufferable jerk
How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.
Why do we always have to tell people this... REP DOESN'T MATTER. Overall, I have just over -800 rep. I don't care. And I'll tell you this, your words don't necessarily not matter. I'm a scripter, you think people don't think my words matter?
Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7
Thanks man. :fistbump:
Sorry for this post, I just don't like it when stuff like this happens when I'm offline. Continue your work, let us know of any updates.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why don't I click Yuyu's links? I finally did and I LOVE these tiles! I'm using them and once I finish updating the maps I'll post some screeshots.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I am just a humble user.
Humble? I'm surprised you haven't been
banned... for being an insufferable jerk
How ever what do I know im -800 in rep so my words mean nothing.
Why do we always have to tell people this... REP DOESN'T MATTER. Overall, I have just over -800 rep. I don't care. And I'll tell you this, your words don't necessarily not matter. I'm a scripter, you think people don't think my words matter?
Right now I'm making a demo for PAC Engine 1.7
Thanks man. :fistbump:
Sorry for this post, I just don't like it when stuff like this happens when I'm offline. Continue your work, let us know of any updates.

I realise we are way off topic and should continue such convos in pm. I will say this, Rep on this site, from what I see - determines how people treat you. a scripter gets more say then a mapper because they know the insides and outs of the program (IMO)

Back on topic. I would be careful in mixing too maany tiles with any current tiles you havce. some of your screen shots look pokemon(ish) so I would stick to those types of tile sets....

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
~_~ Mack tiles are SOOOOOO hard to work with D: I love them but can't keep my modern day theme with them so I might have to go back to RTP...

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Have you tried parallaxing?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
There's always SwapXT.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
The tiles would clash if I used SwapXT :(

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Not if you're smart about it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
RTP and Mack are very different. I understand parallax mapping in some areas but for SwapXT, it wouldn't really be worth it. I might use both, but I'm probably just going to stick with RTP. Now I'm of to check a few more threads and re-fixing my maps...

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've continued Development on my game! Here are some recent changes I've made.

• New Name
  • More progress on Maps
  • More Skills
  • New Credits Format
  • ...And Much More

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I guess it's a much more original name. But I'd like to hear about these skills and see these progressing maps.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I added skills such as Tornado, and Tsunami. Just a few more of what I call "Overload" skills. That name isn't mentioned in game. They're basicly just really powerful skills that only a select few monsters will be able to learn. There will be one skill for each element, but a Monster can only learn the one that shares an element with their main element.

For the maps, I just fixed issues that were made when I switched back to RTP tilesets, and I added some details. The only big changes I've made were in the forest maze map at the begining (right after the second town).

Since I continued the project I've also found and edited some more graphics for monsters as well as thier super monster forms. I still need lots of graphics for monsters so I can create enough of them for an interesting game.

If your still willing to help, since I haven't asked you for anything since you said you'd help, I can send you monsters that I need names for. There's a lot. I'm horrible at making interesting names. The new name for the game is an altered version of a suggestion.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I can suggest names for some monsters, as long as you provide me with a few that you've already named. Just so I can get a feel of what you're going for.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thx. I don't have any real theme. I just took some names that sounded interesting. I really linked the names entirely on the monsters themeselves. Other monsters have no relevance to the name. I'll pm you the info you need when I get home.