RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Gaian Monsters

Poll

No Question

Invalid
0 (0%)
Invalid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 21, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Gaian Monsters

Introduction:

In this game you will raise a party with a maximum of 4 monsters.

Current Story Progression:

The world is filled with mysterious creatures called "Gaian Monsters". The monsters have many different elements, and many different skills. People have learned how to tame these creatures and use there powers for entertainment, gambling, and improving technology. However, when one evil man tries to use there powers to take over the world it's up to you to train your own party of mand take down this threat to humanity.

History:

Gaian Monsters come from many different times and places. "The Ancients", as they're called, are really big and powerful monsters that went extinct in the Dinosaur Era. Other Gaian Monsters are just evolved forms of micro-organizms just like people and animals. The newer monsters came into being approximatley 500 years after the human race was born. Unlike other creatures, the monsters had special powers. They could do many things like calling a tsunami or make the sky rain down fire. Until 1987 people tried to saty away from these monsters. Most of them didn't bother humans but people were too scared to figure that out. In 1987 a scientist developed a small disk capable of trapping and releasing a monster at ease. Years later amazing advances in capture card technology were made. Newer technology brainwashes the Gaian Monsters to be fully obediant to people. This drove the scientist mad. He didn't want other people becoming wealthy because of his work. All he wanted was to supply the world with simple technology to improve their lives. The scientist spent until 2009 searching for The Ancient's fossils and studying the D.N.A. of each one. Within the next 2 years the evil scientist developed a cloning system. He made sure he would have complete control over them. This brings use to today. The evil scientist terrorizes cities around the country by sending his evil monsters all over the country. The only way to stop this threat is to capture the monsters and defeat the scientist. If you know one thing, it's that this will no be an easy task.

Coders:
Spoiler for:
UNKOWN
MiDas Mike
xXRandom.CrapXx
LoganForrests
Mr.Anonymous
KGC
BulletXT
Jet
Mithran
Enu
Kylock
Mr.Bubble
Shu
Moonlight
Nightwalker
Dr.Dhoom
Cozziekuns
Yanfly
Leongon
OriginalWij
Shdwlink1993
BigEd781
InfinateX
Woratona
Omegas7
Reedo
DerVVulfman
cmpsr2000
dricc
Munkis
Syvkal
Zylos
CrazyNinjaGuy
IMP1
Exhydra
Pacman
JDMLS729

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Support Banners: *Still say Terramon. Will be fixed soon.
Spoiler for:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3rrbroc[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3n2cqgh[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/3ranuzk][img]http://tinyurl.com/3pqq8vc[/img][/url]
Thanks to Omegas7 for fixing! Now powered with tinyurl links!

Demos:
Removed cause it was really bad :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:40:57 PM by Infinate X »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Wow, what a great, original idea.

Rep:
Level 71
Wow, what a great, original idea.

Good thing he snatched this up when he did. I've heard tell of several knock-offs on their way.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
How does a terrain monster help technology? Maybe you mean digimon Can you give an example of what these terramons do?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
they power things naturally  ;)

Please don't judge me until there's more information...please?

Rep:
Level 71

You might want to consider a name change. Right now it sounds like a Digimon/Pokemon rip-off.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I thought it sounded a little bit like that but with some of the things I plan to do it will be A LOT different. trust me

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero

If you don't want people to judge you on given information, why the fuck did you post it on the internet? Couldn't you have waited until you had an actual, real idea that could be developed into a game instead of taking a well-known idea and changing a few key words? Fuck.
I love how you have a list of scripts lined up for a game that probably won't make it past a couple more posts here. It's so optimistic.
Also, change your signature. It's just stupid and annoying. It also doesn't make sense.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71

If you don't want people to judge you on given information, why the fuck did you post it on the internet? Couldn't you have waited until you had an actual, real idea that could be developed into a game instead of taking a well-known idea and changing a few key words? Fuck.
I love how you have a list of scripts lined up for a game that probably won't make it past a couple more posts here. It's so optimistic.
Also, change your signature. It's just stupid and annoying. It also doesn't make sense.

You don't like his signature?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

You don't like his signature?

lol

btw I have an idea of my own and I'm 13 so please don't swear on my posts

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't get your signature either. But I'm still waiting for what the terramons actually do. I mean, 'they power things naturally' could mean they have oil stored in their mouths and can be readily placed into a car.

AND NO SWEARING

Rep:
Level 71
I don't get your signature either. But I'm still waiting for what the terramons actually do. I mean, 'they power things naturally' could mean they have oil stored in their mouths and can be readily placed into a car.

AND NO SWEARING

Fuck yeah, free gas! Oh, no swearing. Good golly gosh, free gas!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I just saw that the main post was updated, I'm still quite new myself, so I don't know just how nice the people here can be, but I think for your first project (if it is) you should probably work alone... you know, so people can see that you know what you're doing, which would result in people wanting to work with you for anything new you come up with.

Or you can show off some gameplay.

Rep:
Level 82
Nobody's going to join if there's not really any individuality, uniqueness, or anything interesting...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Let me make this clear...
People swear on the internet. Do not go on forums looking for a clean and fun time. Unless they are forums dedicated to a single cause, which this one isn't.
I have an idea of my own
Then why don't you share it with us?

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
People swear on the internet. Do not go on forums looking for a clean and fun time. Unless they are forums dedicated to a single cause, which this one isn't.
I have an idea of my own

Since this is my topic I think I have the right to say you can't swear on my topic, and if you don't I will report you.

I just saw that the main post was updated, I'm still quite new myself, so I don't know just how nice the people here can be, but I think for your first project (if it is) you should probably work alone... you know, so people can see that you know what you're doing, which would result in people wanting to work with you for anything new you come up with.

Or you can show off some gameplay.

I'm not new to RPG Maker VX but but I JUST started making this game and I have the storyline but not much more. I also not the best at graphical creation using paint and I can not script or make Audio files which is why I want to make a small team...

Rep:
Level 71
I have an idea of my own

Since this is my topic I think I have the right to say you can't swear on my topic, and if you don't I will report you.

Have you ever met one of the mods on this site? They have an ever-so-slight tendency to swear, too.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
They power things naturally. Terrain monsters. There is so much appeal there. I mean, I know virtually nothing about the plot nor the gameplay style nor the underlying moral, and whether or not one exists, and already I am completely sold to the idea of playing this game. It sounds like a game that I could play for hours and hours on end, taking the occasional bathroom break when the need arises, but putting it off for as long as I can. I hope this game eventually gets released commercially, that way I could play it on my Nintendo DS handheld system, and simply take it to the bathroom with me. Furthermore, the originality of the idea behind it is beyond describing. Never have I heard tell of any game that seems to be anything like this in any way, it is completely unprecedented, therefore, if realized, will inevitably succeed. And to imagine that a boy of only thirteen years could think up something so revolutionary? Simply astounding. I would like to help with the "production" of this masterpiece in any and every way that is humanly possible. And I shall start by administering a bit of advice: it would be a splendid idea to change the name from "Terramon" to "Pokemon" (Pokemon being short for "pocket monsters") and thus allow the monsters to be shrunken into a size small enough to fit into one's pocket once befriended, and there should also be some kind of object with the unexplained capability to hold one of these monsters, that way it can be placed in the player's pocket, or perhaps even a knapsack, hassle-free, without fear of the monster up and crawling away or something of the like. Also, a button or switch of some sort should be placed on this object, allowing the monster to be easily summoned whenever need arises (i.e. a battle or confrontation between the player's monster and an opposing monster), which reminds me, it would be utterly absurd for the player to have only one monster throughout the entire game, and would eliminate the need of any sort of contraption with the capability to contain these monsters in the first place, so I propose that a player should be able to catch and collect a plethora of monsters, each being unique with different affinities and abilities. But you don't want too many different types of monsters running about in the game world, so the number should definitely be limited. I think one hundred and fifty should suffice. And of course, having only one monster to carry around at a time would be horrid, and lugging around a sack full of 150 monster-containing contraptions would, I imagine, be strenuous for the player character, so there ought to be a set maximum number of monsters the player may be at liberty to have in their monster roster at any given time. And for yet another, better idea, I imagine that it would be quite boring for these monsters to stay practically the same through the entirety of the game, so a system of leveling up is necessary, and as a monster levels up, they should be able to learn new skills and abilities, some of which should be used solely in battle, and some of which should be usable outside of battle, in order to accomplish certain tasks, likely involving making a terrain traversible or something of that like. Also, to spice things up a bit, certain monsters should be allowed to mature, or "evolve", once they reach a certain level, however, this should be optional and there should be pros and cons that come along with each choice. And since after the player plays the game for months on end end, scouring the world and eventually obtaining all the different types of monsters, you should start a second installment, which will contain all of the same monsters from the first game, but with somewhere around 100 new additions to the bestiary, which should have a clever name. "PokeDex", meaning "pocket monster dictionary", would be an excellent idea, or at least something of that wit. And a good economically sound marketing idea, (that is assuming that eventually these games will be produced commercially) is to split the game into to seperate installments, or "versions", and slightly tweak them in ways not that important to the overall story, like certain monsters being available or more commonly encountered in only a specific version of the game, also there should be a "legendary" monster specific to each version of the game, this will definitely sell the consumers and turn them on to both installments, by making them think that there is more difference between the two titles than there actually is. This is sound marketing advice, and you see it done with a lot of franchises, both popular and non-popular, but mostly popular (MegaMan Battle Network, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.). Also, back to the subject of game content, there should be some special evil team that serves as a group of antagonists to the main character, and they should have a name having something to do with outer space (like "Team Rocket" or something), illustrating that they are motivated on a higher level than the player, and working towards the greater good or some rubbish. Anyway, the long and short of it is that this is a great original game idea and I think that if you take much of my advice and ideas into moderate consideration, you will do well. That is all the advice I have to offer.
Happy scripting! (That is, if you can script)

By the way, in case you were wondering, I am bullshitting you, and I doubt that a weak-minded fool such as yourself can even understand my satire. I apologize to all those who took the time to read this, and hope that you at least got half a giggle at it. I am done.

Rep:
Level 71
You are a genius, Enrique! Tell me, would you be interested in helping me with a new, innovative game? It utilizes various instrument-shaped controllers which the player uses to play in time to notes on a screen, thus playing an assortment of different popular songs, past and present. Could you give me any tips?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey now, you guys, there's no need to bash anyone so fervently.

The concept as it stands is rather cliche. No need to get up in arms about it. Give constructive criticism. How many "Kid saves the day" RPGs have we seen on here? If it's a total pokemon knock-off, then hooray, he made a pokemon knock-off. Move on. Read a different topic. Whatever. Just don't start bashing every kid that wanders through.

Rep:
Level 71
Hey now, you guys, there's no need to bash anyone so fervently.

The concept as it stands is rather cliche. No need to get up in arms about it. Give constructive criticism. How many "Kid saves the day" RPGs have we seen on here? If it's a total pokemon knock-off, then hooray, he made a pokemon knock-off. Move on. Read a different topic. Whatever. Just don't start bashing every kid that wanders through.

We don't tell you how to live your life. But okay, fine.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Alright, you've all ignored the voice of reason. Stop bashing on a damn thirteen year old or so help me I'll ban every last one of you.

It's a kid you idiots.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Why'd you spend the time typing that comment, Enrique?

Anyway, to the bigdog (RPGMakerVX52) Do you have any plans on any of the terramons, like an example of some kind? I don't think a team is necessary, I think you just need to speak up in the various parts of this forum to get a bit of help. There are plenty of kind folks here that could help you out with things, but a team is a bit much, make a name for yourself before that. I mean, look at Minecraft.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Okay, that got a little out of hand there. Give the kid a break now, he's 13. I know I can be an AngryPacman at times (sorry candice), but I'm sure nobody here wants a ban.
I agree completely with hiromu. Making a game can get very stressful and annoying. Get help if you ever need it, there's no (not much anyway) reason to be ashamed. For the kind of project you have in mind, I think that a lot of your scripts are a tad unnecessary and you should focus on graphics. I can't help you there, I can only do recolours, and I'm quite bad at them. People will help you if you propose a fair deal (i.e. typing with good spelling and grammar and using the templates).

Rep:
Level 72
Spell Card User
Oh hey I love pokemon :D It's good to see another young Maker, I'm tired of everybody being ten years older than I am >>;

Anyways, I don't think that many people have the time to help one projects, but I can recommend a few good material sites. Senses-circuit has a good selection of .mp3 and .wav material, both BGM and SE. CLOSET is another excellent site for graphic material. They're both in Japanese, but they should be pretty easy to figure out ^^ Please credit them if you use their material