RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Legacy of a Warrior

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
yeah, I do that, but it's tough to balance, too low and she's underpowered, too high and it's overpowered. I could probably crank the values up a bit more, but I just don't want her to be 1shotting shit in beginning, which is what would pretty much be happening if I do it.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Finally gotten back around to working on this, fixed some things up, added some things, etc.
Looking much better at this point.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Is anyone interested in an up-to-date demo? if so, lemme know and I'll make one available (bear in mind this will likely spoil the Legend of Zero if you haven't played it yet)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

This is one of the "rare" enemies within the game.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:28:12 AM by zerothedarklord »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
SEVERAL MAJOR UPDATES:

Added:
Passive Skills
Skill Augmentations
Chance-on-hit Effects

A lot more of the game has been added, if anyone is interested in playing an extended demo (about 12 hours), let me know. I estimate that the game is possibly about halfway done, maybe a little over half.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
MAJOR UPDATES!!!!!

The game is finally nearing completion, it's been decided that this, in conjunction with the Legend of Zero, as well as my next project, are all going to be a complete Trilogy. The storyline really ramps up great in this one, and I plan to wrap it up in a nice, great way in my next project.

IF ANYONE SHOWS ANY INTEREST, OR ASKS, I WILL PUT UP A DEMO.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:04:00 AM by zerothedarklord »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Put up a Demo.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
SINCE LITERALLY BILLIONS OF PEOPLE ASKED FOR A DEMO, HERE IT IS!

http://www.mediafire.com/?oja4ee1bud6bw7a

Rep:
Level 71
Spoiler for Thoughts while I'm playing:
This is really long opening. It's like reading a book.

I beginning to think this actually is.

Music seems good..... Woah that face is weird!

2000 gold? holly crap!

How the heck does she know that I'll let out a powerful attack?

Cool there's a stamina system.

The mapping could use some work.

Dang it, same old menu.

Gladeus looks like he wants to murder me.

Dang these thieves are strong.

Probably no need to heal Gladeus.

Crap he's dead.

How is a minotaur weaker then a mage?

Harmless???

A random forest, sure what the heck.

Plants on top of trees?

This music is way to peaceful, some fog or tint would be nice.

I like the skill system.

A burger? For the entire party? In a chest? In a forest?

Huh a ghost, like I said this forest is to peaceful.

Well I'm screwed.

Crap I died, and I didn't save for a long time. Well I'm gonna get something to eat.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
lol, 2000 gold is a decent, fair enough. I was doing it with 1000 gold, but that didn't let you buy much. the enemies are supposed to be really strong until you've gotten into the town to buy gear. the minotaur is weaker than the mage because he's 2 years old.

Nothing to say about the maps, you're absolutely right. maps is my biggest weak point.

The mage lady knows stuff because she's smart and older than gladeus. Yeah, the lengthy opening is helpful, sets up the story for the game. Random forest? did you not read the intro? it's the trader forest, which is where his parents got facerolled.

Fog? please tell me how to do it, I want to get fog in a few areas, but I have no idea how to do it. And yeah man, haven't you ever had a huge burger before? come on now.

But overall, you like it?

Rep:
Level 71
Not bad, still needs some work. I started reading the opening but after a little while I started to just skip the stuff. As for fog you could get a fog script or simply use a picture. I uploaded the one I'm used in my last game. You have to set the opacity to something low.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
yeah, the game gets a lot better later on, but yeah, make sure you check out everything. but yeah man, it's pretty cool. I'm really bad with visuals and stuff, my forte is more along the lines of the combat mechanics and stuff. there are 2 bosses available in that demo, 1 normal boss and 1 "rare" enemy. tuning isn't final yet either btw.

There's also 1 weapon you can get that has a weapon unleash. tell me what version of gladeus did you use? the one I've fine-tuned the most so far is 2 handed gladeus.

Rep:
Level 71
I used the duel wield Gladeus.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
okay, I'm not sure how well that one will be doing just yet, but I have to ask, how was auto-counter? did it seem like it was way too powerful?

Rep:
Level 71
It was way under powered. It was rather 1 damage or a miss.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
the miss is fine, it's only intended to have 60% hit chance...... but I guess I may have to buff the attack co-efficient a bit....

if you don't mind, try the 2 handed guy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:17:53 PM by zerothedarklord »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
how's it workin' out?

Rep:
Level 71
oh sorry, I'll try it out tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Any news man? how do you like it?

Rep:
Level 71
Sorry for the late response, it was kind of easier using two handed weapons.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
did you do the 2 available bosses or no?
(Death and Graveyard Skeleton)

Rep:
Level 71
No I didn't try a play through, I just did a few battles.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
well lemme know how it plays out please.