RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can RPGMXP games be ported to the Xbox Live Arcade?

Rep:
Level 88
Can RPGMXP games be ported to the Xbox Live Arcade?  If so, how?  If not, why not?  I hear nothing but huge success stories of people who took advantage of the Arcade to promote their indie games. 
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
As far as I know, I'm gonna say no. RGSS has issues on anything that is not a computer (Its the dll it seems)

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Indie games made for xbox live arcade are made through C# and XNA. Otherwise if you are an official game developer company, you could probably code your games from scratch and get them to run on the xbox. There are several reasons why RMXP games won't run on the xbox. First of all, all data files are saved using Ruby's serialization. The xbox has no way of reading these files without the help of IronRuby but IronRuby runs on .NET where the xbox doesn't.

However this french developer is working on an engine called GEEX that takes an rmxp project and converts it into an actual XNA game and allows support for the xbox. However to get it onto the xbox would actually require a license which is I think 50-100 dollars a year.

Rep:
Level 88
However this french developer is working on an engine called GEEX that takes an rmxp project and converts it into an actual XNA game and allows support for the xbox. However to get it onto the xbox would actually require a license which is I think 50-100 dollars a year.
Thanks for the info! :D
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com