RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(REQUEST) Customizable State Slip Damage

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I'm looking to get a script with customizable slip damage, AKA for example if I want an ability to place an enemy into a state where they suffer 500 damage per turn, I can make a state like that. Or if I want them to suffer a % of damage, I can do that too. If I'm not mistaken, the default "slip damage" option makes it so anyone within that state suffers 10% damage, which, if an enemy is placed into a state, 10% can be too little or too much, especially against a boss.

Rep:
Level 82
The only script I know of that does this is KGC's Slip Damage Extension. Since I can't find that in the database (probably a reason) I'll put an attachment to the post with the version I have for now - unless there is an issue with that.

It also lets you do MP slip damage, as well as using it for regaining HP/MP over time.

There's probably other scripts that do similar things though.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I already have that, after reading it I couldn't figure out how to make it do health, can you explain?

Rep:
Level 82
Sure.

First open the States tab in the database. Then locate the Note text box in the bottom right hand corner of the window. All you have to do then is insert the <slip> tag adding in the desired slip damage effect. I've provided a picture to show some examples.

To provide some additional information, I'll explain what information you can provide.

<slip HP -100> for example, causes the state to reduce HP by 100 every turn. In order to make it heal 100 HP every turn, you change the - to a +. So you'd type in <slip HP +100> in order to do that.

In the other example, <slip HP -10, 5> will make the actor lose 10 HP every 5 steps they take on the map/field, as well as lose 10 HP every turn they take in battle. You can do the same as above to regenerate HP every x amount of steps.

Similarly, you can change HP to MP to have the same effect but on the actors MP instead of HP. So <slip MP -1, 1> makes the actor lose 1 MP every 1 steps on the map/field or each turn in battle.

You don't have to set the "Slip Damage" tag to on in order for the script to work either. Having it on or off has no effect on what happens as the script overwrites it anyway. Just having the tag in the Note section is sufficient.

Hope that helps a little. You can find the info on how to use the script on the script itself under the section titled "Instructions for Usage" if you need a reminder on how you set out the text tag.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:24:24 AM by LoganForrests »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)