RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Different MP Notations (v1.4a)

Rep:
Level 82
Different MP Notations
Version: 1.4a
Author: Logan Forrests
Date: March 24, 2011

Version History

• <Version 1.4a> 03.31.2011
    - Fixed an issue in which MP would not be restored if no tag was provided.
  • <Version 1.4> 03.31.2011
    - Items that normally recover MP (regardless of the notation used) will now only recover particular kinds of MP.
    - Amended the layout of the code.
    - Changed the message result to take note of which MP type to display when using MP recovery items.
  • <Version 1.3> 03.24.2011
    - Original First Release (more detailed version history in script)

Planned Future Versions
Extend MP notation to suit Classes as well as Actors to allow this script to be useful for games which use a system in which Actors can change their classes.

Description

Allows different actors to be assigned their own terminology for their MP pool, such as AP or SP - whatever fits the character's class/role.

Features

• A way to change specific actor's MP terminology
  • Optional: Each terminology can also feature its own color scheme for the MP gauge.
  • NEW Allow items to be created that only restore a specific kind of MP.
  • Fixed to work with Woratana's Neo Gauge and Modern Algebra's Full Status Custom Menu System scripts.

Screenshots

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Default menu with script active to change first 3 actors' notations and bar colors.

Working with Woratana's Neo Gauge

Working with modern algebra's Full Status CMS

Working with both Neo and FSCMS

Instructions

The script contains instructions on where to put it, and how to use it.

Script

See Attachments for a .txt file containing the script - I'm not sure how long too long actually is to put it in code tags.

Credit

• Logan Forrests

For the parts from their scripts that I had to work around for this script to work with them:
  • Woratana
  • Modern Algebra

Thanks

• vilinious_viper - for the initial request and letting me know it needed a fix
    for Woratana's Neo Gauge script

Support

Feel free to send me a PM on rmrk.net for any particular issues (LoganForrests)

Known Compatibility Issues

None specifically known.

Scripts that alter the appearance of the MP gauges will probably require this script to be updated with a work around/fix. If there are any scripts in which there is a problem, please let me know and provide me with the name of the offending script so I can see about making it work.

Demo

Not really necessary. Examples are present in the script itself.

Author's Notes

I'm fairly sure that I've seen a script that allowed for different MP terms (that also did many other things) but I can't for the life of me remember where. It might not even be true. This one has it as a standalone, though, and offers the color settings which I don't recall that one doing. If anyone does know of one, let me know. It's bugging me.

It's likely I'll rewrite the code for this at some point to make it easier to use and make it a little clearer to read the code. I tend to write to make things work before I try to clean up the code.

Any suggestions on better ways to write the script will be taken into consideration. I'm still learning new things and always enjoy to learn more.

Restrictions

Different MP Notations by Logan Forrests is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Australia License.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:10:13 AM by LoganForrests »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is a wonderful idea which I know lots of people will appreciate. Great work!

Rep:
Level 82
Thanks. Having just received a PM with a request to enhance it, it should see a nice upgrade, but I'll not put anything until I figure out what I need to do.

EDIT: Since it's done, the script has been updated to fulfil a request to allow certain items to be able to restore only the specific types of MP that have been set.
Thus, items that restore "Magic Points" cannot restore a characters "Skill Points" pool, for example. Non-specific recovery items, however, can recover any form of MP still. - See Features in the OP for more info
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:24:28 AM by LoganForrests »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hi! I´ve downloaded this wonderful script and i´m testing it. All ok since i turn on the compatibility with Wora´s neo gauge, then get an error that says: "unitiliazed constant Window_Base::USE_MP_GAUGE".

Obviously i´m using this script (Version: 1.5)... Thaaaaanks!!