RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spell Criticals & Battle Animations

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Is it possible, through scripting or anything else, to make it so spells can crit? If so, can anyone tell/teach me how?

Also, is it possible to show battle animations on the screen, and without having to be in battle? If so, how?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:26:53 AM by zerothedarklord »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm sure that the 'RPG Makers' all come with the Show Animation event where you can place where and when an animation will play.

But about the spell criticals, I'm not exactly sure.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
I know you can screw around with items to raise Dex and drop enemies defense to make spells hit higher, but I think this is a lot different to what you're looking for.

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
Secret Ramen Doctor
Although I'm probably a bit late, I'm going to say this anyway...
In XP, I'm pretty sure you can make spells critical by giving them any amount of ATK or STR-F.
In VX, you can just set it to be a 'Physical Attack' in the skill settings.