RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about the event 'wait'.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I have noticed when I made a profession 'mining'. And I want to make the Mines to respown. But the event wait refreshes and stops when you go to another map. I tired to do it with Variables but that did not really work.

Do you know anyway of getting the timer work even when you go to another map?

If you need more information. Please tell so :)
MrD

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Try common events.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
Same Problem :(
I think i need a script for this ...
thanks though
MrD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
A script? Nah... common event will do it fine, you just need to use a variable.

One way: You could make the mine a two page event. The first page would be the harvest page, and after you do all the harvesting stuff, all you need to do is turn on a switch (let's call it Switch X). The second page would be conditioned on Switch X and would be blank or say this mine is not ready for harvesting or something.

Then you would make the common event, also conditioned on Switch X, like this:

Wait: 60 Frames
Variable Y: Mine Timer += 1
Conditional Branch: Variable Y == 60
  Switch X = OFF
  Variable Y = 0
Branch End

That should work across maps, and that's just one way you could do it off the top of my head. I am sure there are probably better ways.

RMRK Junior
Yes that is how I tryed it. But then I need over 500 Switchs and Variable for each mine in my game...
and if I do it on one switch it will count for all mines... Also as a Variable. :(
MrD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, technically I could think of a way to do it by ignoring all the switches and just using one variable for each mine. Ie. something like this (where Variable X is a calculation dummy and Variable Y is the variable tracking this mine; it has a ten minute refresh):

Variable X = Play Time
Variable X - Variable Y
Conditional Branch: Variable X > 600
  # Harvest Mine stuff
  Variable Y = Play Time
Else
  # This mine is not ready for harvesting
Branch End

But I imagine that is still undesirable for you. It still uses a lot of variables, but you have a lot of variable to use you know. Why are you making so many mines anyway? I am sure there is a way for you to be strategic - if there's no possible way that the player could harvest two mines within the refresh time you could just use the same variable for both.

But maybe you should explain the system in more detail - I have been acting under the assumption that to harvest a mine, you need to approach the mines individually each time and interact with them - if you have some other system in mind there might be a better way to create a more generalized system.

RMRK Junior
I got a Alchemy System where the player can make his own Items. Now I got pretting many things like this like A tree that you can
chop down. Or herbs you can find randomly everywhere.
But the timer makes it all a bit buggy... I also got A day and night script from Jet10985 but the Collecting items will still spown all to geather.
2nd I have some areas on in maps where there is like 2-7 mines, herbs or trees to harvest
anyway
I used the Comment Events for the harvest stuff. Easyer to add or remove stuff from the Mine, ETC

I am prtty confused about the 'Variable X = Play Time'.

Tell me if you need more info. :)
MrD