RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Font-Changer[v1.1]

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Professional
Font-Changer
Version: 1.1
Author: ChaosOverLord
Date: 3/14/2011

Version History

• <Version 1.0> 3/14/2011 - Original Release
  • <Version 1.1> 3/14/2011 - Added shadows and italics and fixed code

Planned Future Versions

• <Version 1.2> GUI started and working.

Description

You can change your fonts and make it bold and now italics or shadowed!

Features

• Uses any fonts installed onto hard drive!Can make them bold!

Instructions

Plug and play script
1)Copy script and put into the script editor
2)Change the font where it says Font.default_name = ["Arial Black"]
3)Decide if you want it bold where it says Font.default_bold = True
4)Decide if you want italics or shadows by changing them to true or false

Script

#===============================================================================
# Name:Font-Changer
# Version:1.1
# By:ChaosOverLord
#===============================================================================
# This script will allow you to add different font types or make them bold,
# with italics or now with shadows!
# I will be adding a custom GUI to it so you can change the script in-game then
# using the script editor and editing the code as it gets bigger.
# Version 1.2 will be added as soon as i can find what to add like maybe working
# on the GUI.Please leave me a comment on RMRK and ill add it if i like it!
Font.default_name = ["Arial Black"]
Font.default_bold = true
Font.default_italic = false
Font.default_shadow = false
# How To Customize
# All you have to do is edit the font name,if its bold,if its italic or with
# shadows.

Credit

• ChaosOverLord

Thanks

• No thanks at the moment but i will update!

Support

Support us by leaving a comment on what should be fixed or added!

Known Compatibility Issues

No recent issues.

Demo

Dont need a demo so far.

Author's Notes

Check out my other scripts:
None

Restrictions

No restrictions!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:46:49 PM by ChaosOverLord »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Professional
bump
b to the u to the m to the p
thats a bump!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Why the bump?

While I am sure this script will be helpful to any non-scripter who would like to change the font and I appreciate that you are willing to share your knowledge, there's not a whole lot to say about it - all it does is give users the syntax and instruction to change the values of four variables. It's not exactly a major feat of scripting. So you're not likely to get any critical feedback.

Again, I do appreciate your effort and I am sure that there are lots of people who will find this useful, but I'm just not sure what you are seeking with the bump. Most people who do end up using a script won't ever post in the topic unless they encounter problems, and so you're also not likely to get a comment from that angle...

I will move it to the RMVX database though.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I challenge the name of your script. You claim it to be a "Font-Changer", but you can only set the font for the entire game. A font-changer implies that you can alter the font throughout the course of the game. Just sayin'.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I challenge the name of your script. You claim it to be a "Font-Changer", but you can only set the font for the entire game. A font-changer implies that you can alter the font throughout the course of the game. Just sayin'.

not neccisarily. All a changer really has to do is change something from it's default setting, thus, Font-Changer is a good name for this script!  :V