RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for a team for an EPIC RPG

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I don't need a co-story teller, he wanted to join, he had a lot of decent Ideas, and having a co-story teller couldn't hurt, so I accepted his help. I'm ok at mapping, but is there really a point to showing pics of re-hashed tile sets if that’s the only thing I have to show? Screenshots are supposed to show the art and style of a game, or at least that’s how I feel.

Also, I'm doing everything I can as far as the whole heavy lifting thing. I'm learning how to script, I'm doing the menu art, I've composed a song, and anytime I have an idea for something, be it art, music, script, or whatever, I work to bring it to the team, and since we don't have many team members, that usually means I've got to try and make it myself. I know that doesn't sound very impressive, but I'm trying my hardest to do everything I'm able, and I'm not going to stop until this game is made.

EDIT: Though its not for the game, I did make a pic I was fairly proud of a while ago. if you want to check it out, you can find it here: http://ffr-timtheenchanter.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30lyvb
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:39:05 PM by timtheenchanter »

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
Im a bit of a concept engineer. I read as much as my attention span could take, I like some of the ideas for your game, So im going to offer so criticism. Dont take me seriously its the internet.

First, if you want to take ground here change your title. There is a thousand other ways to say 'Tales of'. Keeping that title is going to force a lot of people to compare your game to the actual 'tales of' series. The people who dont are going to cite that title creativity BS and you dont want that either.

Second, That story, Is it the plot of the game, or a look at the past? Its damn good for a look at the past, however assuming its the plot you dont want to tell the entire story before the game releases.

A lot of your ideas can work well in a VX game. In fact i have already developed systems similar to you Skills out side of battle, Ap shops, and alternate stat systems But some things i would dial back alittle on. Im sure its al possible. but People with low end PCs would have issues getting getting game to cooperate on certain maps. There is also trying to perfect the systems so that compatibility is best.

Bottom line (I think), If you change your title and show some results people will layoff.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Im a bit of a concept engineer. I read as much as my attention span could take, I like some of the ideas for your game, So im going to offer so criticism. Dont take me seriously its the internet.

First, if you want to take ground here change your title. There is a thousand other ways to say 'Tales of'. Keeping that title is going to force a lot of people to compare your game to the actual 'tales of' series. The people who dont are going to cite that title creativity BS and you dont want that either.

Second, That story, Is it the plot of the game, or a look at the past? Its damn good for a look at the past, however assuming its the plot you dont want to tell the entire story before the game releases.

A lot of your ideas can work well in a VX game. In fact i have already developed systems similar to you Skills out side of battle, Ap shops, and alternate stat systems But some things i would dial back alittle on. Im sure its al possible. but People with low end PCs would have issues getting getting game to cooperate on certain maps. There is also trying to perfect the systems so that compatibility is best.

Bottom line (I think), If you change your title and show some results people will layoff.

thank you, I greatly apritiate your input. the story I have here IS the history, so again thanks. I'll talk to my group about getting new name ideas again, until then, the game will be known simply as Alterina so everybody else'll quit whining.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I'm the first to say that the guys around here are a bit... crass. But that being said, you got the same complaint about 4 times before you decided to act on it, which, again, calls your maturity and ability to take criticism into question, if they were being rude about it or not.

That being said, it is always nice to see a new game-maker. The problem, however, is that not everyone can be a game-maker. That's simply it. The biggest problem I see among newcomers is that they want to make a series of games and think it will take a year tops and then everything will be peaches and daisies.

I know myself, I thought I could complete my game as soon as I had my resources finished. However, my resources have been finished for nearly a year now and I still haven't come close to making all the required areas, let alone getting the plot into a presentable script and directing my "actors".

I just want to let you know: Just because we have a week-game contest, doesn't mean you'll be able to tell your long, intricate story in a quick amount of time. In fact, whatever planning and preparation you are thinking you need to do and quadruple it.

At this point, you'll have enough time to figure out all your little squabbles about plot out of the way and put into the back of your mind. Then you need to make a plethora of areas to explore: Towns, dungeons, INNs, caves, roads, maps, nations, etc... By this point, you'll have exceeded your original, extremely unrealistic deadline by a year or possibly more.

Trust me. A newbie to RM isn't going to be able to make an epic. There's just too much to go into it and not enough dedicated people who want to tell any story but their own. In other words, you have to be almost completely self-reliant in this game-maker in order to succeed.

Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
If the complaint came with more than one reason, I would have considered doing something earlier, but I explained my reasoning for why I kept it, only to have people give the exact same reason for changing it. I find it childish to expect that saying the same thing over and over will weaken my resolve. Also, I acted on it the first time it came up, and no one wanted to change the name. They still don’t.

I never expected this to take such a ridiculously short time as a year. I’ve already been working on this game for longer than that already, and most of that time I've been working on the step you mentioned in the 5th paragraph. I was 12 when I figured out that there’s much more to making a game than just talking about it.

I may not have much experience, and I deeply appreciate your concern, advice, and criticism, but I've done my research, and I'm not stopping anytime soon. If I can't recruit the people, as you said, then it’s only a matter of time before I train myself to the point of self reliance.

I understand that anything is easy to say, and for that reason it may be impossible to prove my dedication to this art, but this is what I've wanted to do since i played my first game at the age of 4. I was terrible at it, I barely understood it, and truth be told, I didn't realize people even made them, but I knew that was what I wanted to do. It’s my earliest memory I still have, and it will take nothing short of divine intervention to sway me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:14:10 AM by timtheenchanter »

Rep:
Level 69
With my game I'm making the basic sctructure first (maps, basic events, basic chat) then going back after that's finished a couple times to add more depth, add detail, modify combat stats and all rewards and statistics in the game. It's better to make one great game than many ok games, and it's always better to try ambitious things to learn a lot more. Only the people who have made a couple of large games are usually the ones that can join contests.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
thank you, I greatly apritiate your input. the story I have here IS the history, so again thanks. I'll talk to my group about getting new name ideas again, until then, the game will be known simply as Alterina so everybody else'll quit whining.
http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Alternia
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:29:11 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 69
If you want a name for it I can help with that xD

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I understand that anything is easy to say, and for that reason it may be impossible to prove my dedication to this art, but this is what I've wanted to do since i played my first game at the age of 4. I was terrible at it, I barely understood it, and truth be told, I didn't realize people even made them, but I knew that was what I wanted to do. It’s my earliest memory I still have, and it will take nothing short of divine intervention to sway me.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Good for you. And I hope that your project turns out well... I however, have to go back to being unoriginal, slightly condescending and  extremely lazy.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
Music Composer
I dont care if he is only the "idea guy" hehe, if you need music i will compose it but with a fee, maybe you already have a composer but before you say "no", please take a look at my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jose0Moreno0

Either yes or no, best wishes for your game ;)

Do you want original music for your game? Take a look here! You may like it.
Visit my Youtube Channel to listen the newest tracks and subscribe if you like my work :)
Also I have my Soundcloud account: