RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Character doesn't fit into bed?

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Hi all

I used the search function, but couldn't find anything that related to my question... So here goes;

I'm currently mapping a house, and have put in some beds, but when I playtest the game, the character doesn't fit in the beds... I've taken some screenshots to show what I mean...
The first image shows the character besides the bed (just took a random one from one of the tilesets). According to the image, the character should fit fine into the bed. So, I went at made the midle tile of the bed to priority 1, so that the character would get under the covers, if you know what I mean...

But the second image shows what happened instead... It cuts of almost the whole head... Which is not what I wanted...

I wanted the entire head to be visible :( (like in the aveyond series)

Does anyone have any tips to work around this?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 05:24:05 PM by Toasty »

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
The priority setting is doing that, it's unnecessary to set the priority. If you look near the bed on the tileset you should see a small sprite of the bed covers, put that on the bed one layer above it. That will allow the character to go under the covers.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
The priority setting is doing that, it's unnecessary to set the priority. If you look near the bed on the tileset you should see a small sprite of the bed covers, put that on the bed one layer above it. That will allow the character to go under the covers.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Thank you, didn't realize that, that was what it was for :) Thank you.!!

[EDIT] Problem.!! It only worked with that particular bed from the example above... In the beds I have chosen for my house (and the tileset I'm using), only the top of his head is visible...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:58:29 PM by Toasty »

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
That seems to be a tileset issue. Not sure why but the Farm interior is the only one that doesn't do it properly.

Maybe you could take the tileset into an image editor and move the blanket down a few pixels?