RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Over/Under bridges

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
So first off, I use RPG Maker VX.

My current project contains an area with 2 raised terraces connected by a wooden bridge over a lower floor.

At the ladder are switch inducing events for OVER and UNDER conditions:
The Bridge is intended to toggle between "Below Character" and "Above Character"
Shadows indicated where the Player cannot step if they are on the bridge
Gray rocks show where players cannot step to if they have gone down the ladder.

Currently, I am using events across this large zone (events along the bridge; events to prevent someone from stepping off the bridge) and a switch to activate other events (turning the bridge events to be above the player, invisible walls above the cliffs, and turning off the blocking events to the north and south of the bridge).

I was wondering if there was an easier way of going about this rather than filling the screen with events.

EDIT: Also, since I'm here, how would I deal with default shadows that are beside walls below the ledge.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:33:25 PM by Werefang »
Currently Following:

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
The way I would do it is make two separate tile sets: one where the bridge is under the player and one where it is above the player. Make one map using each tile set, and use parallel process events to check the player's location and determine when to switch the player to each map.