RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! *With Downloads & Pics!*

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
RMRK Junior
I plan to do what I can. My job will not be scripting. I can't script from scratch thats why I went with RMXP years ago in the first place.
I can host a dedicated site for the project. If people dont want that we can ofcourse continue on this thread here on the rmrk forum. :)

I can map, create events, host site, do graphics and some audio.

How can we reach the people involved? I have to start somewhere. I am NOT taking on this project, claiming it in any way, I just want to give it the opportunity to grow somewhere.

RMRK Junior

Hey, I found some stuff I want to report, and need help in fixing.

1. Bushes can be trown at rocks, and the rocks will break appart.

2. After the shop system is called, there is a error when hitting (f5). Marshal dump.

Can someone provide a quick fix for this? :)

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Seems I may have missed the train on this haha. I'd look into it but looks like the site hasn't been redone/hosted yet or download to the latest build anywhere.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Yeah, it looks like those who were running it are no longer involved with it, and, to top it off, the few remaining people that seem interested enough, seemingly can't get ahold of each other? I mean, I don't see why you can't still offer to help, since some of the people working on it are members on here.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK Junior
I agree! The project is to great to die like this. Hopefully the team will take it back into their arms.

But can anybody come with a solution to the shopscript problem. after i testplay "trading post" and activate the shopscript. when i try to quicksave i get a sprite marshal dump error. It is the  PZE 4.3 (XAS 3.91) version. And I have not changed anything.

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
I wanted to say I am still around and from the old team and I am still working on the Xp version and putting together an VX Ace version at a slow pace.

To help or more info just message me. I will do my best to answer what i can.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:32:15 PM by ShinGamix »
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

Spoiler for Big ass signature, bro:
AbsoluteIce I finally say your Sig.

Get by 20 attack Dogs...seriously. I got 20 attack Dogs.

*Your signature was raped changed for taking up too much room.
~Sincerely, a staff member. That is all you need to know. That, and I am no one to be trifled with.

Rep: +0/-0Level 32
RMRK Junior
"fmodex * line 735: no method error ocurred!  undefined method 'chr' for nil:nilclass"... I have a big problem.On  win7 64 bit, does not work. can someone help me? I tried to replace "scripte rxdata" but no effect

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
Which version of the engine are you using?

btw I am looking for experienced XP and Ace users to join the new teams.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:07:39 AM by ShinGamix »

~Sincerely, a staff member. That is all you need to know. That, and I am no one to be trifled with.

RMRK Junior
Any news about a new XP version?
:)

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
I am about to open the PZE site I have been working on so keep your faith in this project.
@Marrabella It will grow. I am keeping it alive.
@Jennestia Missed what train??

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
BIG NEWS!!
PZE Is Still Alive!!
Wanted to Update Everyone. I am taking over PZE.
Still Haven't heard from them, so I am continuing without them sadly.

So now we have an Xp and and Ace Team. No plans for a VX Team as of now.
The New Project Zelda Engine site is up and running. I built it on a freeforum so that it will never go away. It's nothing too fancy, just a place for PZE people to meet up and discuss all things Zelda!
If you would like to check it out http://projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net/

Recruitment!!
If you ever wanted to be on the team (XP or Ace) now is the time!!! Already have several members for both teams and the new site is nearly ready to launch to the public (it is already open to the Dev Team). Since this is an old school Xp site hoping to get some more Xp ppl and Ace too.

Link to the Future!
PZEX and PZEA are in development phases again but no scheduled releases as of yet guys. I need feedback and suggestions for possible new features also. So come on over to the site http://projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net/ and help us out!!

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
not to be a dick, but you've just sorta decided you have permission to "Take it over".

Rep:
Level 82
I played the Song of Storms and my room flooded!
I am utterly upset with you, ShinGamix. How can you just "take over" PZE without consulting with us the rest of the PZE team?
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
To be fair, you kinda just dropped off the face of the planet for over a year.
It's good to see you back though. Are you still working on this?

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Okay, so if we can organize a bit better, I'm looking to work with you guys on this to make it compatible with XPAce. Good to see people still working on this though :)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 82
To be fair, you kinda just dropped off the face of the planet for over a year.
It's good to see you back though. Are you still working on this?

Hello, we haven't abandoned the Project Zelda Engine. Don't worry for the lack of news about it, we haven't abandoned the project. At least not without informing you, first.

The current situation in the PZE team does not permit us to proceed with big changes on the engine, due to the lack of scripters, whose the work is critical for the further development of the engine. As of today, we are still working abit on PZE, but we are mostly restricting ourselves to the fields we are most skilled with, such as eventing and spriting.

Of course, as soon as we get scripters joining our ranks once again, the core (and scripting) development of the PZE will resume as usual, and news will be posted to keep you all informed of our process.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:34:53 PM by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

Rep:
Level 82
Okay, so if we can organize a bit better, I'm looking to work with you guys on this to make it compatible with XPAce. Good to see people still working on this though :)

You and everyone else is welcomed to contribute in any way you want. :)   I will seek contact with ShinGamix to clear some confusion regarding his alleged plans for a takeover of the engine, before we can decide what help does the PZE need.

Edit: Pardon me, but I feel the need to clarify some facts regarding the use of PZE's resources in other games/projects, due to an ongoing chat on other forums regarding the use of PZE's rich resource database:

- I give no permission to anyone to make profit of their games for as long as they use the PZE's resources (be them graphics/music/scripts).
- Only the people who don't plan to make profit of their games, are permitted to use the PZE's resources (be them graphics/music/scripts).

The following conditions must be respected if anyone wants to benefit from the PZE's resources (be them graphics/music/scripts):
- Credits are given where due.
- No profit from using the PZE's resources.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:53:00 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
I didnt take over as in changing it I am just keeping it going till you all came back (The Xp version). I am sure I said that. You guys disappeared. I had people asking me all kinds of questions and I heard nothing from any of you guys for a long long time, so don't get upset at me. Actually it has been well over six months and then some. All the sites shut down I had people asking me about the Xp version bugs and other things and I had no idea what to say since NONE of you were ANYWHERE. I did the best I could with the info I had. I actually thought you guys would appreciate it when you guys did come back. If anyone should be upset, it should be me as the team just vanished and didn't say anything anywhere why or when or if you were coming back.  I also thought you would appreciate the loyalty and dedication.

Oh yea Acolyte has it been over a year? Wouldn't doubt it.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:16:19 PM by ShinGamix »

Rep:
Level 82
I didnt take over as in changing it I am just keeping it going till you all came back (The Xp version). I am sure I said that. You guys disappeared. I had people asking me all kinds of questions and I heard nothing from any of you guys for a long long time, so don't get upset at me. Actually it has been well over six months and then some. All the sites shut down I had people asking me about the Xp version bugs and other things and I had no idea what to say since NONE of you were ANYWHERE. I did the best I could with the info I had. I actually thought you guys would appreciate it when you guys did come back. If anyone should be upset, it should be me as the team just vanished and didn't say anything anywhere why or when or if you were coming back.  I also thought you would appreciate the loyalty and dedication.

Oh yea Acolyte has it been over a year? Wouldn't doubt it.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(

You should have just send me a PM on RMRK.net. You know, RMRK.net allows you to send personal messages to other RMRK.net members. Same goes for the other sites (check my signature, you can find me in all the sites listed here, and which are still up except rpgrevolution.com and the original PZE site).
If you have tried to contact me, you could have knew that we didn't disappear. :)  Our inactivity has nothing to do with about PZE being dead, but rather the fact that key members in our team are busy in real life and we rely on their talents and skills for any further process in the PZE engine.

Next time, I strongly recommend everyone do not get too eager to make assumptions that the PZE is dead or the team has disappeared, based on how active the PZE forums are. After all, the "no news about PZE" doesn't mean we have abandoned the project.

But even so, I am not really upset with you, ShinGamix.
In fact, I appreciate your efforts to bring some life and even bring up a site dedicated to the PZE. I have asked Baffou to keep a contact with you to clear some things out and see how can we proceed ahead given the circumstances.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:23:11 PM by SilentResident »

RMRK Junior
This is good news! You are all dedicated and that`s a good thing! Keep finishing the Zelda engine. It`s so close to completion in many ways!

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
RMRK Junior
I found this project a while back, I also ran into the same error and have not been able to run the game.  I also do not have XP. I am more interested in the raw engine then the Zelda part of it.

I think making a game with it would be a fun task.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I found this project a while back, I also ran into the same error and have not been able to run the game.  I also do not have XP. I am more interested in the raw engine then the Zelda part of it.

I think making a game with it would be a fun task.

Do you think you could clarify this a bit? I'm really confused as to what you're saying. This is a resource pack for RPG Maker XP. Unless you're talking about the specific script alterations they've made, the underlying engine would be XP.

Rep: +0/-0Level 30
RMRK Junior
Do you think you could clarify this a bit? I'm really confused as to what you're saying. This is a resource pack for RPG Maker XP. Unless you're talking about the specific script alterations they've made, the underlying engine would be XP.

I was meaning removing all the Zelda references; sounds, music, sprites, names of inventory items, etc... and make a game solely based on the game play, and battle system of Zelda.  I'm most interested in the battle system, and I've not found any scripts that mimic the zelda battle system for RPG Maker.

So you have XP (core engine), then you have the scripts that make the game run like a Zelda game (Zelda engine), which I am interested in.
It also runs like Secret of Mana, or other games of that nature as far as battle mechanics go.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:49:33 AM by whitequill »

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
@whitequill I still believe the additional scripts that make the Zelda Engine for XP, not all of them can be used commercially either because there are so many different coders to the scripts.

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
Attention
PZE is in serious needed for a new dedicated XP Coder!!!

At Least spread the word!!! Help us find one!!! This is holding up advancement in the updates!!!