RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! *With Downloads & Pics!*

Rep:
Level 82
I played the Song of Storms and my room flooded!
I'd like to take the time to introduce, myself, I am one of the people that had recently helped Silentresident Get the new hud and Load system updated, I give him ideas, then if he agrees he tries to have it implemented, at this time I am working on creating working maps of many of the places seen in ALTTP.

Hehe, if you need any help with creating the ALTTP places, I think this gallery can be extremely useful for you.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/zeldalinkpast/index.html
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Rep:
Level 82
The today's news include the improvements on the Inventory Menu!

We are working on the new inventory menus that will come with Project Zelda Engine's Update Patch #3. More specifically, we are working to complete the old Inventory Screen, by splitting it into 2 new seperate Screens! The first screen is the Inventory & Equipment Screen and the other is the Quest Status Screen!
Of course, nothing is predefined, and the final result may be alot different.

(Normal size links:)

(Thumbnail links:)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:52:08 PM by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

Rep:
Level 82
NEWS OF THE DAY:

A NPC teaches Link how to play a new song!
Hehe, dear, gamers and moderators, did you loved the way Link learned new songs from various NPCs in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and/or Majora's Mask? :)

Finally you can enjoy this in Project Zelda Engine! We are adding this new feature with the Update Patch #3 for Project Zelda Engine!:

Pictures show an example of NPC teaching Link a new song!!!

Link is being asked by the NPC if he could like to learn a new song.

NPC teaches Link how to play the song.

NPC sings the song in front of Link. The player can see what music notes the NPC uses while singing.

The NPC has done her part and now waits Link to do his part by repeating what notes the NPC played. All what Link has to do is to follow the corresponding keys for each of the music notes, showed as grayed stamps in the Ocarina note bar:

If Link press a wrong key, then an error sound and X is played and therefore, he has to repeat until he succeeds:

If Link manages to play the whole song correctly and without mistakes, he successfully memorizes and learns it!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:08:47 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
Lol such silence in those forums :)

Really surprised with the few comments arround. Anyone who has tried the updated Project Zelda Engine? Any comments about it? or feedbacks? :P

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I love you. *starts to make a random Zelda fangame*

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 82
I love you. *starts to make a random Zelda fangame*

I love you too! I love you all the players! You are always welcomed! :D

-EDIT-

Hello everyone, we have a nice small surprise for the Zelda fans who are excited to hear about the Project Zelda Engine's ongoing improvements to the Menus and User Interface (UI).

The original Project Zelda Engine's poor and lone Inventory Menu:
Original Inventory Menu (only 1 screen)

The new -split into 4 screens- Inventory Menu:

The Inventory Screen

The Equipment Screen

The Quest Status Screen

The Map Screen

You can navigate between the 4 screens using the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys. The new Inventory menu already works much smoother than the old one that came with old Project Zelda Engine. Our developing team works slowly, as we want to work on Project Zelda Engine without any pressures (we are not company - we develop the engine for free and for fun, like always), and at same time, we are working on "deeper" sections of the Project Zelda Engine we haven't touched before. Our goal is to provide the community with a really good Engine that lets you to create nice custom Zelda Games!
To note that the work is ongoing - It will really take long time, as we are working to improve the Project Zelda Engine's functions, expand it, and minimize the usage of Common Events. Now, most of all those functions will use Scripts instead. This improves FPS. Our "Beta Testers" already proved that there is indeed a FPS increase in Project Zelda Engine's games. We are already excited with the results of that work. :)

To note that things may change in those screens I posted above, and new screens may be added or existing ones may be changed/improved in the ongoing progress. :)

Feel free to tell us your thoughts about it :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:46:45 AM by SilentResident »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Do you have to have Twilight Princess Link there or can you change that image?

Rep:
Level 82
Do you have to have Twilight Princess Link there or can you change that image?

Of course you can change the image. This one here is just for displaying purposes during the play-testing.

Rep:
Level 82
Dear gamers, is there something you don't like in the Quest Status Screen or its icons?

To note that the "papers" and "scrolls" around the Heart Piece Container Meter take no count, as they are for display only - they have no purposes in the game - those papers are supposed to be replaced by the game developers who need to add real items here for their games.

Any feedback is welcomed.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It looks very nice, but it seems a little excessive to have the medallions, spiritual stones, and the seasons together. That would be a really long zelda game. :V
Will there be a window for playing songs on the menu in case you forget them?

Rep:
Level 82
It looks very nice, but it seems a little excessive to have the medallions, spiritual stones, and the seasons together. That would be a really long zelda game. :V

Of course, what we have added to the Project Zelda Engine is not really extensive. In Project Zelda Engine, all the Medallions (eight so far) and the Spiritual Stones (three) are 11 in total, while in the Nintendo's official game "The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons", the Dungeons are 10 (!) in total, plus some small dungeons that are not counted as dungeons, plus a complete 4-season system, despite LoZ:Oracle of Seasons being developed for the (poor) Game Boy Color!!!

The Project Zelda Engine for RPG Maker XP (an Enterbrain's platform which has been released at 2005) features/supports just one (1) more Dungeon than the Oracle of Season for Nintendo's Game Boy Color which has been released 13 years ago, at 1998, if this is a such comparison of the term "extensive" when our goal is to give an standard amount of dungeons on a modern 2D platform, for the gamers to enjoy and play for hours.   :D

So why not doing the same (or better) in Project Zelda Engine, which is a better, and more modern platform than the Game Boy? :)

People may still think that the PZE is way too big, but, yet, it has been requested by the community for the creation of zelda games by the fans.

About the songs: Yes, the songs of course will be displayed in case you may forget the notes! :) They will be shown at that black window you see on the upper right corner of the Quest Status Screen.

By the way, here are all the 10 dungeons of LoZ: Oracle of Seasons in case you are interested for their amount: :D
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Dungeons_in_The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Oracle_of_Seasons

---EDIT---

The "map" of the Quest Status Screen that explains anything:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:17:58 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82

I am back. With a picture of how the song display will work. :)
Here is an example picture of how an Ocarina Song can be displayed in the Quest Status Screen. See the song's description at the upper-right corner of the screen...

I hope you find it ok! :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:48:42 PM by SilentResident »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Oh yes, very nifty.  :)
You guys are doing a great job.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Is there any way around that "Script is Hanging" error? I want to try this out, but I don't want to have to wait until the third patch comes out to do so.

Rep:
Level 82
Is there any way around that "Script is Hanging" error? I want to try this out, but I don't want to have to wait until the third patch comes out to do so.

Of course. Run the game and go to Tools > Script Editor. Scroll down to the end of the list of scripts and look for the "Credits" script. This is causing your "Script is Hanging errors". Edit the Credits script: one of the first lines in the script, is the line CREDITS_FONT = "Default". Heh, change the "Default" into "" and you are done. Close the Script Editor and save the game. Now the Script is Hanging Error is gone!

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior

Of course. Run the game and go to Tools > Script Editor. Scroll down to the end of the list of scripts and look for the "Credits" script. This is causing your "Script is Hanging errors". Edit the Credits script: one of the first lines in the script, is the line CREDITS_FONT = "Default". Heh, change the "Default" into "" and you are done. Close the Script Editor and save the game. Now the Script is Hanging Error is gone!

Thank you very much. :)

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
Oh I am so glad I found this thread!  I love Zelda, and on a side note, did you know the Triforce is a Fractal?  It is similar to the Sierpinski Triangle, Triforces within Triforces.
coming soon to a pc near you

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
If you all haven't noticed, I have an obsession with fractals, so I don't have to be high to enjoy them.
I love the triforce. It makes me tingly.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
I wish Happy Easter for everyone! :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow, this is very cool; how have I not noticed it until now? Keep up the good work and happy easter to you too!

Rep:
Level 82
From the wiki. The mythical and vast world of Hyrule in Legend of Zelda series.

The full size here (click the thumbnail):
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:25:34 AM by SilentResident »

Rep:
Level 82
I forgot to add some info in the first page about the full Day/Night cycle. I am sorry :)
If you have already downloaded and played the Project Zelda Engine for some minutes, then, you probably noticed it.
I updated now the first page with some info and a picture of it.

====================================================
07.)    The Day/Night Cycle has been added!
====================================================
  • In addition to the Seasons system, one more feature seen in the official Legend of Zelda game series, has now been added to the Project Zelda Engine: the 24-Hours-based automated Day/Night Cycle! The Day/Night cycle is an automated system that gives you the opportunity to enjoy the amazing, beautiful and colorful transitions from sunset to night and from night to morning and day and in general see your game's world changing from day to night! This gives the game's world a completely new immersion, living breath and a brand new experience, by watching NPCs doing their everyday shedules, the house windows to emit warm light to the darkest outdoors, listen to the mother nature, and hear the village chickens doing "Kikiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikouuuuuuuuuuu" as they welcome the dawn of a new day, and even the wolf's growl as the dusk succeeds the sunset, and see the beautiful fairies flying under the moon's light. The Day/Night Cycle also gives you the opportunity to create time-of-day-based events in your game, like specific items or enemies to appear only at night, house doors to be locked certain times of a day etc. To not mention that the Day/Night system works in harmony with the Weather system and the Seasons system of Project Zelda Engine, and their combination gives the nature an ever bigger variety of daytime/nighttime colors for you to use in your Zelda game!

:::::  ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF THE UPCOMING UPDATE PATCH #3!  ::::: 
    The Update Patch 3, for Project Zelda Engine will bring to you even more features!:
    • The Boomerang and the Hookshot are now able to pick up small items such as rupees and hearts!
    • Improved Loading Screen with a more clear and better logo.

• Better and more beautiful graphics for the Song of Healing.
    • More reliable Auto-Font Install script! By Night_Runner!
    • All the Font Files have been synchronized!
    • Bug Fix: Falling in the ground pits during the storm, will no longer reset the Storm's background music!.[/size]
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:30:42 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
    Level 82
    Project Zelda Engine - Update Patch #3 Changelist

Done:
    • -The old outdated Cucco (Chicken) events that existed already in Project Zelda Engine, from Character Database are moved to Backup Database. New ones will be used in the game, with better functions and performance.
    • -New updated Cuccos added to Character Database and to the Kakariko Village Bottom (Example) Map.
    • -Change to the Credits Script: Changed the CREDITS_FONT = from "Default" to "default".
    • -Fixed cliff-side tile Passability issues on all the LTTP Tilesets (for Pegasus Boots).
    • -Give the Big White Rocks an winter version of themselves (covered in snow).
    • -Give the Kakariko house windows (that light at night) their own spites instead of using tilesets to lit them at night.
    • -Give the ground flowers a better Winter version of them (to look like frozen in ice). Also renamed the Flower Autotiles.
    • -Make the paved roads to be no longer diggeable/shovelable with the shovel.
    • -Give monsters and cuccos better freezing sprites
    • -Renamed Dungeon Sign into Telepathetic Sign_w_1
    • -Change the Loading Screen Logo
    • -Make the the Pegasus Boots to not ghostwalk though closed doors.
    • -Re-arranged the roles of the Song of Time, Song of Double Time and Inverted Song of Time. Also fixed Comment text in Game Setup.
    • -Replaced the "Do you want to..." with the more proper "Would you like to..." in the Ocarina's Song messages.
    • -Renamed abit the Character Database into NPC Database and Backup into Event Backups and updated the events inside the Character Database.
    • -Kakariko Village: Placed the Cuccos and updated the enemies, and removed 2 small Magic Jars from the Bird Statue.
    • -Change the Monolith's text to Lens of Truth signpost, and remove the signpost. Also changed the Monolith's Windowskin. Also, created a new image called Book of Mudora - Translation.
    • -Fix treasure chest messages - apply to all treasure chests of the game.
    • -The Bombs (Weapon) have a second key addressed to them for the Bomb Placement. Also gave a delay of 5 frames (waiting) to no-bomb-in-hands section of the bomb (weapon).
    • -Updated the Grass to not be cuttable with the Normal Hammer. Only the Megaton Hammer can destroy grass.
    • -Changed the Kakariko Village Top (Example) Map: Moved some NPCs and trees, renamed some other NPCs, fixed the Treasure Chest, Moved Monolith, Placed some more grass, the Link's Statue, updated the Lens of Truth riddle, updated the conversations with NPCs, moved the Dirt Piles Added new NPCs in front of the Cathedral.
    • -New Icon files placed to the Icons Folder.
    • -Fixed Ocarina bug - Play a song you haven't learned yet, press Cancel button, and the song is played as if you knew it...
    • -Pegasus Boots: turned off a forgotten "Through = ON" command for when leaving the current map to go to another map by dashing with the Pegasus Boots, causing Link to ghost-walk through the entire map (all the buildings and trees).
    • -Painted again the Kakariko Village Winter Tileset.
    • -Added more icons to the Icons Folder - updated the Statue of Link's conversation.
    • -Moved some ground flowers from beneath the Runed stamp tree of Kakariko Village, to somewhere nearby else.
    • -Added Ocarina Song Trainer, the new switch "Link Training" and modified Ocarina (Item) Common Event so to NOT be activated accidentally during Link's Training, added new image files of the Music Stamps and Ocarina Bar error, and modified the strange skull near the grave.
    • -Updated all the white small rocks to add the missing auto-self switches B and C in the Reset Enemies page. Also added a new small white rock to upperleft corner of Kakariko Village Bottom Half, near to the Heart Container.
    • -Installed the new Message system called Hermes 0.4 by Derula (Credits to him!)
    • -Turned the New Fonts Addon Script into Backup.
    • -Turned the Auto-Font Install Script into backup and installed a new, much better and reliable Auto-Font Install script by Night_Runner (Credits to him!)
    • -Sychronized all the Font Files. No more missing letters of a font file to be present in other font files. Now all font files have a complete alphabet.
    • -Configured Hermes 0.4, added bug fixes suggested by Derula, installed Custom Tags.
    • -Added new Ocarina training backgrounds for the Ocarina Trainer.
    • -Added 3-frame waiting time before every song is played in the Ocarina Common Event, and also in the Ocarina Trainer.
    • -Darkened the Windowskins, fixed text in most weapons except Book of Mudora.
    • -Give monsters and cuccos better freezing sprites
    • -Add updated fonts to the game, add a better AutoFont Install script by Night_Runner and updated the font names registered in the script.
    • -Edited the Loading.png file and renamed it into Loading Screen.png and updated the First Startup Event in Startup map.
    • -Better and more beautiful graphics for the Song of Healing.
    • -Renamed all the image files in Graphics Folder from the incorrect name Heart (small) into the more proper name Recovery Heart.
    • -Updated all the messages from all the Common Events to work with Hermes 0.4 (except the Book of Mudora)
    • -Song of Soaring: during teleportation, Link is no longer able to move.
    • -Make the Shovel's dig hole more bright at winter.
    • -The fall pits no longer make Link face right after he has fallen.
    • -Edits to the tilesets. Added some shadows, corrected some snow-covered roof tiles, added missing Tree tiles and cleaned paved tiles.
    • -More mapping done on the maps (added more details to outdoors).
    • -Revamped the Ocarina Song trainer, added 2 more music files to the Audio Folder (Lullaby Theme and Zelda's Laugh).
    • -Edited the Dark House and the tileset Interiors (Houses & Shops).
    • -Renamed Runed Tree Stump to the more proper Seasoned Tree Stump.
    • -Make the transition between seasons to be faster.
    • -Cuccos: make them to lose feathers when they are being attacked.
    • -Added Stun Animation - Cuccos also updated to include stun animation for when being hit by Boomerang or Hookshot.
    • -Added shadows to all the stone fences of the village.
    • -Made Cuccos to be not catch-able while Link is riding his horse
    • -Made Cuccos to be not catch-able while Link is holding an object
    • -Fixed: Cucco's fleeing behavior and path routes where stucking a lot.
    • -Fixed: Cucco's Blue rupee drop had wrong value (1 rupee instead of 5).
    • -Shrinked the size of the death-cloud animation (which appears on the enemies upon death)
    • -Make the NPC Singer's song to be heard when Link is nearby.
    • -Added all the Discovery Item switches to the "Setup" Common Event Page.
    • -Re-arranged some animations, due to the addition of Cucco's feather animation, and updated the Animation Priority Script.
    • -Set the Lens of Truth to be always centered on the player's location.
    • -Set the Lens of Truth to properly turn off when player moves from one map to another.
    • -Improved the Ocarina Song Trainer who teaches Zelda's Lullaby and added a new music file - a cut version of the Lullaby.
    • -Make Invisible items appear only within the inner cycle of the Lens of Truth.
    • -Fix stucked Object-In-Hands-Throw-Animation which is caused when Link talks to NPCs while he is holding an object in hands.
    • -Revamped all the NPCs, all signposts, shrubs and rocks so they have their Event Pages well-organized and cleaned of trash.
    • -Several village NPCs now have weather/time-based dialogue which changes depending on current season or time of Day.
    • -The Boomerang and the Hookshot can now pick up / grab various items such as small rupees, recovery hearts and magic jars, and bring them to Link. With few words, Link can now obtain items that are far away from him. But for obvious reasons, the Boomerang and the Hookshot cannot pick up Bomb and Arrow ammo, as they are sensitive, and especially the Bombs.

Yet to do:
    • -Fix the text of Book of Mudora, and the text in the ancient monolith.
    • -Make Link to not be droped from his horse while he is being hurt by enemies while riding.
    • -Bug: The fall pits reset the Rain music back to map music.
    • -Display Epona the Horse's controls in the HUD.
    • -Make the Royal Tomb's hidden chest to appear in a more cinematic way.
    • -Give a better spin animation for the Rod of Seasons.
    • -If possible, boost the Loading time when player moves between maps and/or stabilize it.
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:01:00 PM by SilentResident »

Rep:
    Level 82
    THE PROJECT ZELDA ENGINE - UPDATE PATCH #3 IS COMING VERY SOON!!!
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:59:41 PM by SilentResident »

Raped by DrSword
    Rep:
    Level 83
    Dance with the enemy
    Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
    Exciting. "Zelda: Fall of the Kokiri" here I come!