RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP]Puzzle problem

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
I'm trying to make a small puzzle in which the hero has to move 4 boxes to any of the 4 slots to unlock the door. Somehow, its just not working. I've added the system in a map and uploaded it. Can anybody tell me why it's not working?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:10:24 AM by pokefan »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I cannot say for certain what the problem is since you have cleaned out the common event you used. (I do assume you have made the boulders move :P)

If the places cannot move around and you have terrain tags to spare then using those is often the easiest way to accomplish what you want. Look at my Boulder Pushing Example to see how to use terrain tags to implement a solution.

Looking at what you gave me I would highly suggest to simplify and clean up the system as you'll often figure out the problem that way. I also suggest using the in game debug menu (Press F9 while on a map) to see if the switches turn on and off as expected.
Since you have split the calculations into several parallel processes I suggest that you use this to your advantage. Look at the attached file where I have cleaned up your events. I have made your conditional switches much easier to understand and accidentally fixed the switch problem present.

Understand that when you have multiple pages in an event the game always goes for the page with the highest number. If the conditions for that page is not met it goes to the next highest number.
Can you see the problem with your door event?

Finally I have added a 1 wait frame to each parallel event except one. Find that one and add it yourself.
The reason is that parallel processes are normally processed 3 times every 2 frames. By adding a single frame wait I cut that in half or down to a third (I don't remember)
Except in very rare circumstances the difference is not noticeable to the player, but with heavy events not adding the 1 frame wait can add a heavy toll on cpu time which can translate into lag for the player. I advice doing this for parallel processes whenever possible.
In this case you probably can use say 4 or 5 frames waits without a problem since it's just in charge of unlocking the door.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
oops sorry!
when i copied the events, i forgot to copy the common event :-[
Thanks!
[edit]:Hey, its working!
stupid me, instead of putting move away from player, i added a whole set of conditions(player facing direction) to my common event...
Anyways Thanks again!
[edit 2(sorry :P)] i also found a way to reduce processing. since the places dont move, i should have made an autorun, set them, and exited processing
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:37:43 AM by pokefan »