RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM2K3] Boss Battle "Message" help. [Solved!]

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
Hi^^; um, I hope I'm asking this right.

I have a boss battle, where if the boss drops between 0-40% HP, she's suppose to say "Know your place, brat!". The thing is, she keeps repeating it. I tried to make it where if she uses one of her spells, it should stop it, but she still keeps saying it every 5-10 seconds.

I'm sorta new to this, and I keep surfing around and reading tutorials as much I can, but sometimes... I guess it's easier to ask?  :-\

I want her to just say "Know your place, brat!" once. And only once. Cause at that point, she's pretty much dead, as the next attack from the party member will kill her lol.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:44:22 PM by ShiniIllumi »

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
The trick here is the use of a switch.  You start out the event right, having the 0-40% conditional.  Now, add another conditional: If "Switch X" is OFF.  Inside the branch, write out your dialogue, then turn "Switch X" ON. This will make sure the boss only states the dialogue once.

RMRK Junior
 ???

I must be doing something wrong, lol. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.

I'm sorry I'm such an idiot  :-[

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I haven't worked with 2k3 in years, but I think I has the solutions!
You have written there: Monster [1:Shiva]'s HP between [0-40]. Should it not be [0-40%]? Can you put multiple requisites for battle events?
If so, put the switch conditional there. It saves space :)
Be green.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
That is 40% bbl I'll check this out.
EDIT: OK I MADE IT WORK

There you go.
She doesn't ever repeat it afterwards =w=)b
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:01:26 PM by Nessiah »

RMRK Junior
Yay! That worked. Thanks so much :3

>.> now, to go get stuck on something else that's probably rather simple!