RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Open" relationships

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Because love is a cheap trick played by nature to ensure reproduction, it's not the perfect emotion people want to believe it is. But I guess that's a whole other debate that would be off topic here lol

Uh, so, you don't love any of your family members? Or friends? Love isn't just about reproduction. .-.
And it is pretty much the best thing ever when you find someone you really care about.

Rep:
Level 69

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Tbh, I wonder if love really exists and if it isn't just combination of lust, desire and just getting along well lol

That's a load of bullshit. lol.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Oh you guys, still trying to put standards on social interactions. Let's argue over how many best friends someone should have too.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Because love is a cheap trick played by nature to ensure reproduction, it's not the perfect emotion people want to believe it is. But I guess that's a whole other debate that would be off topic here lol
I've come to believe love is different for everyone else. Everyone has their own definition of it. For me, love is a colossal amount of affection and attachment for someone. Which I've been through times before, and am currently in right now.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
New poster posts first and probably only posts in section where impostured posts are posthumously posted post-departure.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:55:35 AM by Holk »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Holk tries to be funny and ends up sounding like a horrible pilot for a british sitcom.

Spoiler for:
Joking bro I love you ;__;
Let's be in a polygamous relationship together

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Having failed to understand Holk's post, I'm going to clear something up with this Laguna fellow.
Here's something for you: humans have one of the largest times spent in childhood in the entire animal kingdom. That's because we have to be brought up gradually to be able to use our dang fantastic comparatively massive brains. We are born weak and fragile and fucking stupid, and we are raised over years to become barely independent beings that thrive because of our interaction and close ties with others.
Why does this relate to what we're talking about? Well, who's going to raise this idiot for the 20 or so years they need to be raised for? The mother's not going to be able to handle such a ridiculous task coupled with her life and other children. Who else does this baby belong to? It's fucking dad. Yeah.
So humans stayed in couples for the children, and learned that it made a social connection that evolved into the emotion we know as love, and groups that we now call families. A perfectly logical evolutionary reason for why people should stay together.
Now, the polygamy thing is a little different. Think about this; back in days when there were NO contraceptives, polygamy (or, fucking anything that gives you a look as animals know it as, and our ancestors knew it as) meant lots of babies. Mothers had to raise these things as their brains got bigger and because of this brain thing it took a lot of time and effort. So the child's father was inevitable brought into the mix. If the father kept making babies and then have to help raise them, he realized that maybe he'd be better off being with one female.
Another evolutionary reason for monogamy, right there.
So, if the father make lots of babies and the mothers couldn't handle raising them to their full capacity, we wouldn't have been nurtured to the point where we needed to be, and in turn we wouldn't have our super-brains and consequently would not have conquered the planet. The fucking duck or something would've taken over.

Where are his computers?
Monogamy's got the entire history of civilization as its score; what's yours?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
Spoiler for:
It takes a village to raise a child.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Not entirely true. During the age of the Homo habilis, they still had the largest brains but merely acted out of instinct and not reason despite even then being the dominant species. You know what a species does that acts out of instinct? They fuck. A lot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
The Fool on the Hill
Actually it's more the evolution of society that brought on this 'necessity' since parents not only have to raise the kid alone but they have to provide all the resources for it to live. Which is only the case in humans. [Probably wrong with that last line, but it's true of other apes]

With other primeapes, especially Bonobos, they like sex and they fuck around alot. Yet, none of the children are neglected because the whole group raise the kids as one. This isn't just primeapes either, they are just the closest to us in the sense of evolution. So since this is a more effective method imo of raising children, how did we get to the point where the human mother had no choice but to be self reliant and take care of her child alone?

Rep:
Level 69
responsibility is sooo last century :O

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
@Scalinger - Shut up.
@Laguna - Western society evolved in such a way that people wanted others to share what they wanted so they could take it, but didn't share what they wanted so they wouldn't lose it.
As such, raising a child is the burden of its parents or whoever is crazy enough to help, and fun things like tax are the responsibility of everyone.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
The rule I use in these situations is "never take a post about love seriously from a person with an anime avatar, since it's most likely skewed it some way".

Which is why I won't say anything else. :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Never take a post about love seriously from anyone on the internet, ever.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Rep:
Level 97
I thought what we had was true ;9

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Don't worry Sword, everyone loves you.
Really, we'll always love you with all over our hearts.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The rule I use in these situations is "never take a post about love seriously from a person with an anime avatar, since it's most likely skewed it some way".

Which is why I won't say anything else. :V
:justrealizedtezstillhasconananimeavatar:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Everyone stop using the internet, it's unnatural.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off