RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is Question based battle possible? RMXP

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Would it be possible to make a battle system which involves the player answering questions instead of fighting? For example , if they answer a question wrong it would result in damage to their character while giving the right answer give damage to the target?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you set up all of your enemies as events, its possible.

Set up the question and answers. Underneath the correct answer, put a "deal damage" command (3rd page, 8th from the top on the right column) and check the enemy you want to be damaged and how much damage you want to be dealt.

For the wrong answer, do the same thing, except choose the actor instead of the enemy.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Also, if you want to get complex, throw in a few variables to mix around the possible outcomes for damage dealt or taken.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Very possible. you can even do it via events. Just bind the character stats to variables and when they get the wrong answer just use control variables and subtract the hp of the character based on there. <roughly speaking