RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Ein Versuch {Demo} +Horror Game+

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer

Overview
For years, German scientists have been abducting people, testing them in unnatural situations for a sick project that they codename: "Ein Versuch". Carefully crafted, and tested by numerous people, the game has been tweaked dozens of times to allow the player an experience that is just right for the casual gamer, but tricky enough for the hardcore. The game itself will feature multiple endings and story directions that only the player has control over.

Approximate Completion Time: 1 Hour
Level of Completion (Towards Final Project): 15%
Rating: Older Teens (Blood / Scary Situations)

*Remember, this is a demo game, so many of the listed story arcs are in the updated version that I possess and have not yet released to the public for testing purposes. The story and 99% of the game is on paper, all that's left is to actually put it into the game. With college in the way, however, it may take longer than the planned release date: End of February- Beginning March 2011.

Game Features
* Hand Drawn Comic Style (In-Full Game)
* Multiple Endings
* Anxiety / Sleep Deprivation / Illness Levels
* Multiple Stories
* Voice Acting (Only Partial in Demo)
* Achievements System
* ABS : Gun Firing on screen
* Non-Licensed In-Game Music
* Time (Day/Night) System (In-Full Game)

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Credits
Spoiler for:
-Story-
Damani Brown "H0m3r0w"

-Voice Actors (DEMO ONLY)-
Ginel Lumpkin - Akiko

-Voice Actors (FULL GAME)-
Ginel Lumpkin - Akiko
Malik Brown - Hyun

-Resources-
<RPG Revolution>
H0m3r0w
Yuri
Damienn Cole
Zai
Xmuffin
Malexo
Xericho
TypucalTylurs
Weem
Whiterose
Shadow Garden
SacreDoom
Razor
Rexilia
Painhurt
PentagonBuddy
nCI
Nightwalker
Megatron
Mash_MX
Lord Bluffkin
landis17
heisenman
Aindra
Celianna
BaBoomzor

<RMRK Concept Help>
grafikal
hiromu656
LockeZ
NAMKCOR
Gracie the Bitey
harl4101
cozziekuns
moobob9
B-LAzer
Anski
Omiekins

-Music-
Kevin MacLeod
"Spacial Harvest"
"Ghostpocalypse"
"The Dread"
"Spacial Winds"
"The Voices"
"Inner Sanctum"
"Heart of the Beast"
"Very Low Note"
"Seven March"
"Unnatural Situation"
"Land of Phantoms"
"Measured Paces"
"Apprehension"
"Nervous Piano"
"It is Lost"
"Land of the Dead"
"Children's Theme"
"Zombie Hoodoo"
"Darkness is Coming"
"Decay"
"Dark Walk"
"The Hive"
"Awkward Meeting"
"Right Behind You"
"RedLetter"
"Pop Goes the Weasel"
"The House of Leaves"
Yasunori Mitsuda
"Ending Too"
  BoA
"Duvet"

-Scripts-
H0m3r0w
Vampyr
Mac Malone
Yanfly
modern algebra
Twilight13
Falcao
Omegas7
BulletXt
Miget Man12
DerVVulfman
Jet10985
Cozziekun
badnomis

-Testers-
My Beautiful Girlfriend
Malik Brown
Bill Greenan
Nathan Lucker

Download
"Nothing's changed about war cept' the caliber of the gun."

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That main menu looks sick. I'll play it, but I'm not looking at her face.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
It doesn't extract after Audio/BGM/Spacial Harvest.mp3 (either error message or it just gets stuck, if Test.002 isn't in same folder).

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Yes, I'm an idiot for not mentioning this:

Extract game with WinRAR or 7-Zip (or any other extractor).
DO NOT Double-Click the game and let it extract.

The audio is what makes the game such a huge file and
I will be converting them all to .ogg format in the final
release.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That main menu looks sick. I'll play it, but I'm not looking at her face.

That looks like the YEM menu to me. A good selection for this game, h0m3r0w. The menu really suits what you go for in a horror game.
It looks really, really good!
*Downloading*
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Thank you sir. Remember to use WinRar or something to extract the game. Even when you see the RMVX exe that self extracts, just right click it and exract with WinRar. Dont delete the Test002 file and everything should be aye-okay.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Just finished playing the demo. Aside some small, yet simple problems: You can "climb" on things that are covered with blood, walk under the chairs, sinks always causes error (might be because system they are related to isn't in demo yet), and when opening locked door with 1st Floor key, you get stuck
There isn't much to talk about plot, because it's still in process, but demo was fun to play, but it raises few questions:
Are you gonna do cut-scenes with pictures?
How much hit points zombies have?
Will there be Silent Hill UFO-ending like ending/easter egg?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:43:09 PM by Ginyou »

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Just finished playing the demo. Aside some small, yet simple problems: You can "climb" on things that are covered with blood, walk under the chairs, sinks always causes error (might be because system they are related to isn't in demo yet), and when opening locked door with 1st Floor key, you get stuck
There isn't much to talk about plot, because it's still in process, but demo was fun to play, but it raises few questions:
Are you gonna do cut-scenes with pictures?
How much hit points zombies have?
Will there be Silent Hill UFO-ending like ending/easter egg?

That's why its always good to have someone test the game :) Since I know what to do, I just run straight to objectives rather than debugging properly. So, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post and play the demo.
Yes, I will be doing cutscenes with pictures. The art is somewhat drawn for the second chapter (there will be a cutscene played out like a comic book with voiceovers and such, explaining what happened. And, there will continue to be such cutscenes after the first chapter)
There will be a total of 4 chapters. Each one progressively longer and they will all culminate in an "ending" chapter, so I suppose there's 5 then.
The zombies are giving me some problems with the script I'm using. The one in the garden is unkillable unless I make the player start there, which is very weird. That's being ironed out.
And endings are going to be pretty basic I guess you could say. Not basic as in "win"/"lose" but like, if you do this, this will happen. Where saving someone matters or bringing this item with you at the end of the game. But if you have any ideas for a funny ending, I'm glad to hear :) If I have one, I need to make it possible through a second playthrough. So, I'm gonna have to make my game replayable (giving the player a gun in the beginning of the game on the second playthrough, etc.)

Again, thanks for the feedback.

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
Been Waitn on yeah man *Downloading*
Hey if you need anything just ask.

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Been Waitn on yeah man *Downloading*

Haha for sure. There's a few bugs but nothing too insane. Hope you enjoy :)
Oh and yea, everyone (and I mean everyone. If you said: Hey, I like cookies in horror games!) I credited you.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Havent played it yet, but this gets the win via screenies only

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Oh, crap! I Just realized the monster in that lamp screenshot. Anyway, I played it and didn't get very far, I will finish all of it though maybe tomorrow just to give some decent feedback. I thought the voice acting in the beginning was pretty good at the start, then the emotion started to dry out. It'd be good to use a slower speech or maybe some pauses rather than finishing a sentence then moving on, making the player feel like the character is actually thinking about what's happening rather than reciting.

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Oh, crap! I Just realized the monster in that lamp screenshot. Anyway, I played it and didn't get very far, I will finish all of it though maybe tomorrow just to give some decent feedback. I thought the voice acting in the beginning was pretty good at the start, then the emotion started to dry out. It'd be good to use a slower speech or maybe some pauses rather than finishing a sentence then moving on, making the player feel like the character is actually thinking about what's happening rather than reciting.

That's true, but you're forgetting: Voice acting isn't very common in RPG maker games haha. So any at all is pretty awesome. Also, I'm no director :P But yea, I know what you mean, and I'll try to do what I can to get my voice actors to sound more authentic.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's true, but you're forgetting: Voice acting isn't very common in RPG maker games haha. So any at all is pretty awesome. Also, I'm no director :P But yea, I know what you mean, and I'll try to do what I can to get my voice actors to sound more authentic.
Yeah, I just mentioned it because the chat isn't entirely voice acting, so I thought the part where it was implemented should have been improved. I was just playing some more, It's creepy for sure. The size is large because of the MP3s but it's very much worth it since it wouldn't be as scary if the audio didn't sound authentic. I still haven't finished the demo, but I'm working towards the end.

Rep:
Level 75
Pixel Artist | Writer
Yeah, I just mentioned it because the chat isn't entirely voice acting, so I thought the part where it was implemented should have been improved. I was just playing some more, It's creepy for sure. The size is large because of the MP3s but it's very much worth it since it wouldn't be as scary if the audio didn't sound authentic. I still haven't finished the demo, but I'm working towards the end.

Lol yea I see what you mean. Well, I still need to fill in the rest. Maybe if there was MORE, it'd draw less attention to the very few that is in the game lol.

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
Sorry homerow ive been busy with work, ill play it later tonight though, From what I read it sounds great :)
Hey if you need anything just ask.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Ametuer
sounds like fun!! i look forward to playing!
Join us on the best RP EVER!!! :D

To create, you must first destroy.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Ein Versuch has been nominated for Project of the Season: Summer 2011. Place your vote in the voting topic