RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Another

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Another

This game has not yet been rated

A Content Hidden Project

From the producer of Khaoz, Black Thursday, Big Sister, Uncle MacDonald Had A Farm and Warrior's Nest

"I've tried to run away from war, but she got me. I've fought with all my strenght and knowledge, but I couldn't stop it. Many houses were burned, many families were killed, I escaped alive. With some scratches but alive.

I found a new home. A village in the middle of nowhere called Thuscanee. Soyuz had already been there, when peace still existed, for a fighting train with the local army, so she knew this lands better than me. Staying with her made us stronger, but we won't hold on much more... Time."

Storyline

It is said that drinks make people doing things they couldn't imagine being doing before.

That's what happens to Yunus when he drinks too much. One day, he drank so much that he has applied for a position in the army of his homeland, Chuckululu. There he met Soyuz, a troop commander, that is as beautiful as strong. She tried to teach him the basics but it isn't easy to teach a newcomer with fear of war. The job was not easy, so, after six months of hard training Yunus already know how to clean a sword with both hands and how to open a bottle of rum with his belt.

Two years passed and a new war was coming to stay. A war between Chuckululu and Thuscanee, the two most powerfull villages of the Desert. Well, they were the only two that existed in the Desert Twistuil, so, when they were bored they started a war just to do something different.
Yunus and Soyuz were trapped on it. Soyuz tried to get Yunus drunk, but there was no rum left in the battlefield.
Yunus, couldn't stand the smell of the bloodied bodies that were falling over the ground next to him, so he decided to left all behind, and moving to the nearest village, unfortunately it was Thuscanee. They couldn't move back to Chuckululu because they didn't have a horse or camel, they had run away from Yunus when he gave them rum to drink instead of water. Getting to Thuscanee was the only way out of that war. Luckly they manage to get there, by changing clothes with some dead Thuscanee soldiers. After the arrival, they found an empty house, where they decided to stay in the basement. They could stay there for some time, but the owners would come, and they couldn't resist much more time in that village, they would be caught by Thuscanee's troop.

Time was... Leaving them behind.

World

Chuckululu
A small city near the Desert Twistuil, is known by its men acts. In the past, Chuckululu men discovered a way to get to Beskhim, the  most well known city of the world, by sea. Curiosly, Chuckululu doesn't have a sea near by, just a river, Gegisken. So to make that discovery, they needed to built a port far away from the town, what makes the discovery even better.

Thuscanee
Very similiar to Chuckululu in matters of art and culture, Thuscanee men always try to be better than them. They have discovered a cave in the middle of the desert, to where they take their prisioners. Thuscanee men are generaly tan, different from the skin tone of Chuckululu men, that are usually caucasian.

I will talk about some other places in the near future.

Characters

Yunus
Main Playable Character
Known by his easy way of getting drunk, Yunus is a newbie soldier at Chuckululu army. He is blond and has hazel eyes. He seems to be two different persons, before and after drinking. Before drinking, he fears anything that comes on his way. Whereas in fact, when he drinks, he looses his fears, and fight with all his strenght and knowledge.

Soyuz
Playable Character
One of the uncommon female fighters, took care of Yunus in the army, a difficult mission to acomplish. She is daughter of an important man, Jossifer, the comander of Chuckululu Royal Troop.

There will be more characters available that I'll talk in the future.

Game Features and Gameplay

Battle System

It will be similar to point and click games, point the monster, click on the left mouse button, and it inflicts damage on the opponent. It is still not done, so I can't say much more, just to add it will be close to KHAOZ battle system.

Drunk Fights

In any tavern of a town, you'll find out that it's easy to get drunk. So, you can always have a fight with other drunk, if he annoyes you, or the reverse. It's more like a close combat, that you can see on Despain's Sandfall, a game which is an inspiration for me.

Getting Drunk System

In your journey through Another's fantasy world, you'll find botles of alcool. You may drink them, or not, you choose. Remember Yunus gets power by drinking it, so why not take some when you are facing the evil? But the drinks don't affect only Yunus, test them with other characters and see what happens. As you drink, your alcool level will increase, untill you cannot move because you're just falling down.

Screenshots

Title (Made By Dark Angel)

PSP Cover Alike (Made By Me, Artwork By Atlaswing)

Previous Ex-Team

Paschendaele - Leader, Spriter, Writer, Mapper, Eventer
Atlaswing - Artist, Spriter
Silverwolf - Spriter, Mapper
Desdrubal - Scripter, Eventer

Current Team

Paschendaele

Downloads and Links

Coming soon.

NOTE:

Afro Samurai and all the people who made another become true (or will make) advice you to drink with moderation. This game does not pretend to harm anybody with its language, theme, and gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:09:04 PM by Afro Samurai »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Fix your BBC

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Loving your feedback

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
so let me summarize this and you tell me if it's accurate.

> fight things
> get drunk
> fight things while drunk

that's about it, right?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't give feedback on games without screenshots. If I don't like looking at the game why would I care about the story or features or anything of the sort?

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior

> fight things
> get drunk

that's about it, right?
Nope. You understood it wrong. Drinking is a plus. He gains "power" from it. Or is what he thinks. Then he met the beauty "princess" who happens to be a bounty hunter. And they enroll in a quest through the dangers of the desert. Some plot twists, some funny dialogues, what ypu actually don't find in any game.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I feel like that happens in a lot of games. Perhaps not all of that in the same game because then it would be what you're presenting to us right now.

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Name me a game with a drunken main character? Name me a game where the beauty needs no rescue? Name me a name of a game set in a desert without weapons of mass destruction, or ak 47?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Name me a game with a drunken main character? Name me a game where the beauty needs no rescue? Name me a name of a game set in a desert without weapons of mass destruction, or ak 47?
Drunk Main Character: (couldn't think of anything because it doesn't seem like anything worth caring about)
Beauty Without Rescue: Every Tomb Raider
Game in Desert: Every Prince of Persia

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Drunk Main Character: (couldn't think of anything because it doesn't seem like anything worth caring about)
Wrong wrong wrong.

Lara croft isnt a beautiful princess.
And prince of persia isn't in the desert. It's always in boring maps in houses and stuff

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Stop changing your words. You said "beauty without rescue", not princess. Anyways, personally this game (and most any RM game) isn't interesting.

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Stop changing your words. You said "beauty without rescue", not princess. Anyways, personally this game (and most any RM game) isn't interesting.
Sorry if I made a mistake. So why are you in staff of a RM community?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Let me break this down. The Veterans mostly used to be RM users like you, me and hirumo here. They joined this community to promote their works and help others. Over time they lost interest in RMs but maintained their interest in RMRK. That's why they are here and why they are the staff, they understand how the community operates and try to stop (or encourage in some cases) people like you becoming another Billy Bulltwat or boxxy.
Anyway, why would you challenge a Super Mod? You're nowhere near important enough. Listen to them and take their advice. I did, and it stopped me from being banned (I think...).
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You don't get banned for dumb things lol. It just gets moved to the sewers until the problem rage quits. Also, this is the internet so there's no reason to take the mod badge so seriously. Also, I was stating my own opinion of your game and a majority of RM games, not them all. I'm currently very interested in 3. Anyways, the staff here has a lot of advice to offer someone creating a game if they're willing to hear it. Unfortunately most don't and rage then become problems. Don't be one of those kids.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Let's not start this argument again. You're right, graf. I just love reading the Slash Bulk and Gate of Light threads. Pure genius.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Wrong wrong wrong.

Lara croft isnt a beautiful princess.
And prince of persia isn't in the desert. It's always in boring maps in houses and stuff
I'm sorry, I guess I read your thoughts incorrectly. Alright, a beautiful princess without need of saving, "Super Princess Peach" Unless you meant to say beautiful princess with dragon wings riding a skateboard. And about Prince of Persia, that was the dumbest thing I ever heard. Do you know what Persia is?

Anyway, back to your game. Show me a screenshot

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

> fight things
> get drunk

that's about it, right?
Nope. You understood it wrong. Drinking is a plus. He gains "power" from it. Or is what he thinks. Then he met the beauty "princess" who happens to be a bounty hunter. And they enroll in a quest through the dangers of the desert. Some plot twists, some funny dialogues, what ypu actually don't find in any game.

So if all of that other stuff is in your game, how come the whole thread is about drinking?

Your three main features that you're touting and advertising are Drinking, Fighting, and Fighting while Drinking.  What do you expect people to think of your game?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:20:49 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
Let me break this down. The Veterans mostly used to be RM users like you, me and hirumo here. They joined this community to promote their works and help others. Over time they lost interest in RMs but maintained their interest in RMRK. That's why they are here and why they are the staff, they understand how the community operates and try to stop (or encourage in some cases) people like you becoming another Billy Bulltwat or boxxy.
Anyway, why would you challenge a Super Mod? You're nowhere near important enough. Listen to them and take their advice. I did, and it stopped me from being banned (I think...).
I am no boxxy. You'll see in time.

@ grafikal - No one here wants problems. I came here to hear your thoughts. Could you help me?

@ hirumo - I know persia. Have you played the game or been there? I'll take a few.

@ NAMKCOR - That's totally true, so I guess I'll remake the topic.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I never said that you were that whiny shit. I was just saying how they come about. So well done on taking people's advice, and you WON'T become another of those forever smelly pariah.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)

@ hirumo - I know persia. Have you played the game or been there? I'll take a few.

Sorry, for commenting so much on this video without much help on it's progression but first: My name's spelling should have been directly in front of you when you decided to reply to me. And I have indeed been to persia, and if I'm not mistaken, this: http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/prince-of-persia-1.jpg
is a desert

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior

Sorry, for commenting so much on this video without much help on it's progression but first: My name's spelling should have been directly in front of you when you decided to reply to me. And I have indeed been to persia, and if I'm not mistaken, this: http://gamerlimit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/prince-of-persia-1.jpg
is a desert

I am deeply sorry mister hiromu656 how could I mispell. I am talking about sands of time, or the original one, the very first one. 2D, not some crap

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Also, he didn't specify which Prince of Persia, so he's still correct. Your challenge was to point out any game that was in a desert. He did.

@ grafikal - No one here wants problems. I came here to hear your thoughts. Could you help me?

I can't unless I start seeing some maps, for reasons I've specified above.

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
And again the empire strikes back. Can't hold on much longer. You're so damn right. I need to learn to be a better mapper. Don't want to post a screen of an empty desert with corpses around. Everyone would lost interest

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'd suggest then to look up some of the mapping tutorials roaming around in the tutorial database.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Dude just work on your grammar.

also sands of time was fucking AMAZING. just saying.