RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Solved]RTP Problem [2k3]

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Well, I was looking at the RTP for RM2k3, and I sort of "experimented with the tilesets..........I decided to try to flip the animal tileset upside-down, to see what it would look like in game. It didn't really work out for me too well. After flipping the tileset upside-down, I tried to place the animal on the map, but in the RTP, the entire tileset had gone completely black. I flipped it back to normal, but it was still completely black.

Please help......
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:03:19 PM by Nessiah »
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
You have to convert it to 256 colors. Use irfanview or if you have photoshop, set it to mode -> indexed colors and save as png.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Umm.......I tried to change my computer properties to 256 colors, but for some reason there is not a 256 color setting.................

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, don't set your computer to 256. That would be ridiculous.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Yeah, now I feel really stupid because of that lol...............

However, it's still not fixed. I changed the charset to 256 colors, but there's just one problem now. When I went into the game to test it out, there was the person standing there, but there was a rectangle behind the person that was the same color as the background in paint.

Please tell me how to fix that, Thanks.

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
If you're able to import the charset and it doesn't give you the "unsupported .png" error then a window should pop up showing the charset. The background should be flashing to indicate that it is set as transparent. If the background is not flashing then just left-click on it and hit "Ok".

If this does not work, take the image back into your editor of choice and make sure that there are no other elements in the image with the same color as the background. Most use Magenta as the background color as it is so rarely used in color palettes and stands out really well against all other colors.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Ok, apparently I'm doing something wrong. Here's what I did:

1:I go to import in the resource manager.
2:I go to the charset that I am importing.
3.On the right of the window that is popped up, there is, as you said, a preview of the charset.
4.I click on it (single and double click) and there is no flashing at all on the preview.

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there some special kind of preview I'm supposed to go to?

Please Help!

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 76
I'm not sure what you mean by, "On the right of the window".

When you click "Import" and find your desired charset, select "Open" and it will then open a new window labeled "Preview" with the charset displayed. That is the image that should have something flashing on it.

Here is a picture of the window with the part you want flashing shown.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9751/rm2k3import.jpg

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
WOW, how did I not notice that before! Thank you very much, it works fine now!

THANKS!

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 76
Glad it worked. =)