RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Twice Upon a Hero

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
Yep! I added the reset button (keyboard button A) just in case the player managed to block themselves in. I'll try to make it a bit more clear in the puzzle explanation.  :D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 84
No need, I just don't think I read it well enough the first run around. I feel foolish now. Oh well, great game Lunarea. Like it so far a lot.

EDIT: I found another Error. The lily pad in the mines that moves around is off track so it won't let me get on. It's one tile lower than it should be.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:51:41 AM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 84
Bump, just to get this topic back in the "unread topics list" and to let Lunarea know that I cannot progress farther even though I really want to.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
Oh, the dreaded "cannot replicate it as it only happens to some people" bug. That puzzle works fine for most people, but every now and then it will bug out and make it impossible to continue.  :-\

I've changed the puzzle in the new build, but I haven't uploaded it yet. Still a bit of tweaking left to do on it.

In the meantime, if you'd like, you can send me a link to your save file and I can manually get you past that room :3
My current project:

Rep:
Level 84
Okay, here's my save file.

Why does it only mess some people up, any ideas? It's strange. Thanks much! I'm excited to be able to continue!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Congratulations! This project has won Project of the Season for Summer 2011! This means that your project will be sticked and featured on RMRK's homepage for the duration of the season. Naturally, you may also mention the award when publicizing the project. Great work and again, congratulations Lunarea; you deserved it!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:49:54 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Grats, Lunarea, I loved the demo, you really deserved this :)

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Congrats Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Whee! I'm so happy!

Thank you for voting, and I'm going to do my best to keep up bringing you new content.   ;D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Is this game finished? On other forums the name threw me of as too being interesting but I read everything you typed in the OP and I enjoyed it!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I get an error when i press F12:
Script 'Global Text Codes' line 324: SystemStackError occurred.
stack level too deep

Probably something with an alias...
My work isn't really good because I'm just 14
year
My English isn't really good because I'm from Netherlands

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
@RPGMakerVX52:
It's still in progress. The current download includes two chapters and takes about 2-3 hours to complete - depending on your play speed. I'll be releasing a new build for those two chapters very soon (to fix a couple of bugs, really) and the third chapter is not too far away either. There is a total of 6 chapters planned.  ^-^

@atiebatie99:
Yep, it's been brought to my attention. I'll take a look at it, but it's not a really pressing issue at the moment. In the meantime, you can get to the title or shut down the game via the main menu.  :D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hey Lunarea, I fixed the error from the Global Text Codes script - you can get it from its topic. Sorry that I let it escape my notice in the first place.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I accidently used a neutralizing serum on one of the unimportant gas spots and I can't guess the ghosts password and I can't advance :( I knew I shouldn't use the extra one but I thought I might get something for it :(

Is there a way to unencrypt it and reencrypt it? I only wanted 1 more, or the pasword...

EDIT: When chapter 3 is finisjed is it possible to make a seperate download? I just finished #2 and I had to restart for the above reason.

EDIT2: I had the lillypad bug too! You just need really good timing and it fixes itself when you get on it! ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:26:26 PM by RPGMakerVX52 »

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm in the middle of house-hunting/moving and it's keeping me away more than I expected it would.

@modern algebra:
Thank you so much! It wasn't a huge game-breaking bug, but I really appreciate that you took the time to fix it.

@Infinate X:
Did you fight the two rats yet? Each of them drops one neutralizing solution. You should have enough solutions even if you don't answer the riddle. You do get something for neutralizing all the solutions, but not right away.

Just in case you really do need the riddle answer, you should check out the sign in the right corner by the ghost. And if that's still confusing ...
Spoiler for Solution:
ARKHAM
There won't be a separate download for chapter 3, but there will be a save state for the beginning of chapter 3. So, you will be able to continue from that point on.
My current project:

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
YAY! When I sped through the game it only took me an hour or two to beat it :D

How are you suppoesed to get the password from that sign in the corner??????

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Spoiler for:
Only some of the words are capitalized. If you put together all the capital letters, they'll spell "ARKHAM".

I'm also happy to announce that Joerao has come on board as a composer. I'm so lucky to have someone of his talent composing some nifty custom melodies! He composed Par Tillian theme for me, so stay tuned (no pun intended) for other great pieces from him.
My current project:

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Hey Lunarea. Played through most of the demo and got stuck when a glitch occured and I managed to save on one of those lilypads in the mine-catacomb like area. The lilypad's position on the map went haywire when I loaded the game.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Oh, goodness! I never thought one little puzzle would make such a big mess. I've already replaced it with something less buggy, so I hope it won't be a source of frustration in the new release.

In the meantime, allow me to apologize! I will try to link a save for just after that room a bit later this week. I will also be including a few save files with the new chapter, so you can skip over playing the same thing again and again.

I have been house-hunting for the past couple of weeks and it's really eaten up my free time.  :-[
My current project:

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
YAY!!!

With the lilypad the problem was just that it was one tile low. To fix it in game you need good timing to get on the lilypad and it fixes itself.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
@Infinate X:
Thanks, that's good to know! I've re-created that puzzle to be a bit simpler, but I will tweak the concept around and perhaps re-use a similar mechanic in another area.
--
I've got a screenshot to share. It's very much WIP, though I'm pleased with how it's turning out:

Oakwood is a Western-inspired town that's a neat little side-quest hub. I'm planning a few fun quests and maybe a mini-game of some sort (duels or a shooting gallery, maybe).

I'm also very happy to share that Joerao, the composer who made the Par Tillian theme, is creating a few custom music pieces. He's already made a very ambient swamp theme as well as the town theme for Oakwood.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:21:58 AM by Lunarea »
My current project:

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Some of these are in the extremes of nit-picky while others are minor, but I thought I would go ahead and write out everything I came across while playing through the game.

EDIT : After having meandered around in search of bugs to quash I forgot to mention that the game was quite enjoyable to play! I await the next release.

[ Bogden Forest ]
- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Image of Issue )
-- Passability settings incorrect. Tree growing out of head syndrome.

- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )
-- Passability settings incorrect.

[ Summervale ]
-• General

- <Major | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )

-• Camile's Plant Nursery and Flower Shop
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tile as Summervale >> General)

-• Church of Aceso
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tile as Summervale >> General)

[ Sparrowight Academy ]

[ Boat Cutscene ]
-- Spacing needed within text.

[ Ahmiran ]

[ Par Tillian ]
-• Docks
- <Major | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )

-• Lower Markets

[ Gullad Mines ]

- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )
-- When entering the puzzle cavern, the lillypad moves out of sync until the player touches it.

-- Button becomes 'Above Player' after pressing.

-- After using the 'Reset Boulder' option, the screen fades out and does not fade back in.

[ Bethlam Tower ]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:38:57 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Thank you for the bug reports! I've caught some of those already, but a couple of them did slip by unnoticed. I will make sure all of them are fixed in the next release.  :D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
For some of these I noticed them but for most of them I have a question... WHAT WERE YOU DOING TO FIND THESE!?!?! Were you just randomly trying to wander through walls? In the forest I tried to walk everywhere and I didn't find any passability issues.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Yes, I was just bumping up against the borders of each area trying to find anything abnormal. Like I said, some were so small that normal players would probably never notice them, but I was just trying to be as complete as I could.

To find problems within any of your games, I would suggest using OriginalWij's Debug Tools. If you hold down F5 it will highlight passable regions first, then if you tap F5 again it will show impassable regions and one more tap will show overlay (starred) regions. Plus it has a lot of other options that are extremely helpful too. In this way it won't take forever to simply run around and bump against the edges of all your maps.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:22:18 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5