RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
League of Lesbians

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Avoid playing 3x3. I hate that crap. >_> If you're going to do it, never solo queue. You want people you can communicate with via TS or Skype or whatnot. Either that or you have to make sure all of your teammates are perfectly map aware, and that's pretty much impossible at lower levels. 90% of levels 30s are not that map aware, either. Ganks happen way too quickly in that map. :P

Rep:
Level 83
I have found nice groups playing solo. Most don't talk, which is a problem sometimes, but others I have found, are simply great.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://image.bayimg.com/badljaadh.jpg
Ahaha first game playing with Grafikal and Redyugi. It's so fun stomping low levels by bringing in lower levels into your team. 8D

OH, I remembered what I was going to say that I thought while the screen was loading for this game: All you lower level people, do NOT get Heal or Revive. They're pretty terrible. Revive is very situational but is still pretty terrible. 10 minute cooldown is not worth it. As for heal, it's just not worth it. If you really need to heal, get an HP potion. You'll heal enough/the same/more (?) if you use a potion, and you'll have space for another summoner spell.

Spoiler for Quick Summoner Spell Evaluation:
I highly recommend Ghost for those that need to run away or chase down people often.

I highly recommend Exhaust for sooo many reasons. You can reduce so much damage. If you think about it, the damage you reduce with Exhaust is almost certain to be more than you heal with Heal. Of course, if they just run, they end up doing no damage.

Teleport is also really great. You become very mobile, and if you tend to die a lot early game, you can teleport back often and reduce the walking time.

Cleanse is good for squishy carries to escape quick.

Fortify is great but mostly for supports and jungle-supports.

Smite is for junglers only, really. Don't get it until you're a high summoner level because you won't have the right masteries/runes to jungle properly.

Clarity is great especially when you lane with someone who uses mana (duh). It's much more viable than heal is and can be considered! However, if you can get Mana Regen per Level seals, it's much better and you free up that summoner spell space.

Ignite is good, but it's pretty limited if not in Draft Mode because you don't know if someone on the other  team has a healing ability or not. It's still pretty good.

Rally is pretty good, but I've never used it. But it's hard to use properly. VERY hard.

Flash is awesome. It's one of the most used summoner spells and for a good reason. Not as good as it used to be, but it's great for escaping, initiating, etc. ("etc." as in not much more, but still! lol).

Oh, and Redyugi, Grafikal, and I have made use of the RMRK chatroom anyways. :3
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:15:31 AM by Master Moo »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
403 forbidden

Summoner spells depend on the character and your playstyle.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I read the end results wrong. He was lvl 18, but he had 21 kills or w/e.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh pfffft, Idk where else to upload >> w/e

EDIT: Okay, uploaded because I remembered about tinypic
Spoiler for:

And though summoner spells depend on character and playstyle, you still should not be using Heal/Revive.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Unless they're all you have.

Rep:
Level 83
Moo was destroying and Graf and I were dying.. It was sort of funny.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
> Moo is level 30
> Graf started today
> random 5v5, likely to get people above Graf's but below Moo's level due to matchmaking algorithms
> blatantly unfair matchup

;o

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol all i did was beat on the dragon the entire match pretty much. then i got help near the end, then i actually had to do things, but the other team surrendered :C

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yeah surrenders are lame.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's pretty fun actually. I've started to get decent with Warrick [sp], one of the starter summons.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's pretty fun actually. I've started to get decent with Warrick [sp], one of the starter summons.

Warwick, and he's not a 'starter summon', he's just free this week.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh. lol. well I have him or w/e

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Unless they're all you have.
Exhaust, Ghost, and Teleport are available to you at level 1.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Oh. lol. well I have him or w/e

You purchased Warwick?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Nah. It's like 1 of 8 summons I'm able to use. I just assumed I had him at the start. I havent bought anything except for 1 rune thing.

Rep:
Level 83
I got called a noob by my team for not being able to hold out against 3 champs.... I play Fiddlesticks, he isn't a tank, so how am I a noob? lol. People are stupid some times.

I find that people think casters are supposed to hold out like that, even though they don't have the health or armor for it. I don't understand it

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol

my team didn't do a whole lot. I ended up with 6k gold and over 55% life steal :o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I got called a noob by my team[...]

Low  levels tend to suck for that

Nah. It's like 1 of 8 summons I'm able to use. I just assumed I had him at the start. I havent bought anything except for 1 rune thing.

There's a few free champs every week and they rotate out, Warwick won't be available next week unless you purchase him.  Also don't buy Tier 1 or 2 runes, wait until level 20 to buy runes, the Tier 1 and 2 aren't worth the IP they cost.  Spend IP on characters that you like instead, or just stockpile it.

It's going to cost me 19,065 IP to get a full Tier 3 rune set page, I'm wishing I'd saved more.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I got called a noob by my team for not being able to hold out against 3 champs.... I play Fiddlesticks, he isn't a tank, so how am I a noob? lol. People are stupid some times.

I find that people think casters are supposed to hold out like that, even though they don't have the health or armor for it. I don't understand it
Reading your post, it seems like a tower was probably being pushed or something. You should have simply let the tower fall and ran away. If it was a point where there were three of them and your team wasn't coming (or would be too late), it's best to let the tower fall instead of dying along with that. Sometimes it's better to do counter-intuitive things like running into the enemy tower if it means your team's carry or two teammates are able to survive or to let the tower just fall instead of trying to protect it.

Of course, if this wasn't the case, meh.

However, I've heard people say Tier 1 runes are worth the VERY cheap IP (but not Tier 2) they cost and can serve you well at below-level 20's and fill in space once you reach level 20 while you're still in the process of getting your Tier 2 runes. Personally, I didn't do this, but it's a viable option. If you're willing to hold out, though, you'll actually see that you can buy maybe one or two Tier 3 runes with the IP spent on a full page of Tier 1 runes. If you're into it, I'd recommend Tier 1 runes, but it's perfectly fine to not get them.

Spoiler for Tier 3 Runes to get:
If you feel like reading this, it's a VERY strong recommendation for what tier 3 runes you should at least start out with.

Flat Health Quints are pretty dang nice. They work for casters, tanks, and AD carries; 100 extra health to start with is simply amazing.
For marks, you're going to want magic/armor penetration. You'll pretty much use them for everyone but tanks (but even some tanks use them).
For seals, Mana Regen per Level are amazing. If you ever find yourself running out of mana often but don't want to get mana carries (such as Manamune; this occurs often with many AD carries), this is the answer to your prayers :P
For glyphs, CDR (flat or per level) are pretty nice as well as magic resist (flat or per level).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:44:14 PM by Master Moo »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Manamune is awesome on some characters like Ashe, I get that and just spam the shit out of volley late game, people don't know what happened.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but if you get the mana regen runes, you have space for one more item. This seems obvious, but rather than Manamune, you can get a better DPS item. I mean, if you don't have the runes yet, Manamune is a perfectly fine item (as well is mana management). The only person I can see using Manamune as a staple is really AD Ezreal.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Might I ask if there's discrepancies between playing a game of bots versus a random game in terms of getting IP out of it?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Might I ask if there's discrepancies between playing a game of bots versus a random game in terms of getting IP out of it?

you get less XP and IP for a custom game, but the amounts of the People vs AI matches haven't been released yet.

Yeah, but if you get the mana regen runes, you have space for one more item. This seems obvious, but rather than Manamune, you can get a better DPS item. I mean, if you don't have the runes yet, Manamune is a perfectly fine item (as well is mana management). The only person I can see using Manamune as a staple is really AD Ezreal.

I find it really depends on playstyle in all honesty, no number of mp5 runes are going to give you the volley-spam that one manamune gives.  There's flexibility with all of these choices after all.