RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
League of Lesbians

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

My god there isn't a thread yet?
I know Anski plays now and again, does anyone else play this fantastic game?

They just announced that in the future you'll be able to group with other people and game against 5 bots with improved AI.  Should be far more productive than Custom matches for learning a character or for farming IP.

Looking forward to it.

• NAMKCOR - NAMKCOR
  • Master Moo - mookwak420
  • Redyugi - Redyugi
  • Grafikal - Grafikal
  • Redwyn - Akaroku
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:07:20 AM by Sophist »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I have a friend who is constantly talking about this game, and she annoys the shit out of me. That's probably why I won't touch it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Ouch, that sucks.
It's a good game, a vastly improved DotA.
If you get over how annoying she is let me know ;o

been playing for a while and didn't even know there wasn't a thread, lol.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think I'm just going to wait until Valve finishes the next DotA, and play that.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I think I'm just going to wait until Valve finishes the next DotA, and play that.

Eh...LoL is free, and if Valve's DotA2 has denying in it count me out.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, I play this. I've reached 1511 elo for now, but it's going to get reset in Season 2 so ehhh... My summoner name is mookwak420, and I have some (TWO FOR NOW!) videos of me playing on my youtube account that also has my Minecraft LPs 8D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm not at level 30 yet so I don't have an ELO :p

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Way to not put me up there asshole
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
I just started. Nice game.

User is 'redyugi'

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Way to not put me up there asshole

Didn't know if you wanted it known bro.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I signed up for this like a week ago, which was the first I've ever heard of it. I didn't download it or anything cause I was using my mac at the time and hadn't gotten around to using my windows partition yet. Maybe I'll do this. I'll let you know stuff later.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I just downloaded and updated. Starting right now. I'm at the tutorial thinger. Anyways, I updated the first post with my info.

Rep:
Level 87
Name's "Akaroku".

It'd be cool to form a team and get coordinated. :]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Got your friend request, I'll add you to the list.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, btw, if we want to meet up in a chat channel, all we need to do is go into any channel (we can have one named RMRK) and set it to autojoin on start-up.

Rep:
Level 83
Oh, btw, if we want to meet up in a chat channel, all we need to do is go into any channel (we can have one named RMRK) and set it to autojoin on start-up.
I second this

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
We need a voice chat rather than just an in-game chatroom, if we wanted a chatroom we could hit the IRC.

I'm thinking of seeing if the RMRK Teamspeak is up, and if not we could skaip

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm going into the game right now. I need to practice so I'm not so terribad and bring you guys down. lol

I was only ever good at AoE2

edit:  hahaha, wow. I just logged in and found that I got some sort of disciplinary warning for leaving a game in progress 1 time. I was going out for my bday dinner >:C asshole game.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:23:17 AM by grafikal »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The game had been plagued with leavers so it's frowned upon.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
We need a voice chat rather than just an in-game chatroom, if we wanted a chatroom we could hit the IRC.

I'm thinking of seeing if the RMRK Teamspeak is up, and if not we could skaip
Yeah, but the chatroom has other uses. You don't have to have another program in order to see members of the RMRK group. Plus, you can invite people that are in the same chatroom(s) as you. :P Idk. The clan I'm in still uses a chatroom even though we have a TeamSpeak that even has a LFG channel for LoL. It's no big deal having the chatroom so might as well - though I'm definitely in favour of a TS channel.

And yeah, LoL is pretty strict on leavers and whatnot recently. I mean, some small stuff like that is understandable, but if you keep doing it, you'll get punished for it no matter what. You should be able to know what you're going to be doing and plan ahead, making sure you have a decent amount of time to play a game. And if you disconnect a lot, then you shouldn't play if you know your internet is bad. Just wait until the Tribunal is up and running. :P Trolls gonna lurk it mebbe.

Oh, and to reply to the original post, after a certain level, you stop gaining IP and/or EXP from custom games after about five a day or something like that. Just throwing it out there.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ts.rmrk.net

btw, lately I've been seeing a lot of:
WE'RE NOT FACEROLLING AT 25 MINUTES SURRENDER!

Rep:
Level 83
btw, lately I've been seeing a lot of:
WE'RE NOT FACEROLLING AT 25 MINUTES SURRENDER!
I see people try to surrender, but it usually is out-voted, and I have been in a few 40 min games.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Same, it's just annoying, especially when it passes in situations like: we were 2 turrets down in mid, and one on either side and the surrender passed 4v1.

Denying in DotA 2 is starting to look a lot less annoying by comparison to all of these quitters.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
If you find anyone named Bitten in your travels. Just quit or afk lol. He 1 manned out entire team. Lvl 21 to a whole bunch of 10s. IDK HOW HE DID IT. He was playing as Warwick. But he murdered everything and had pretty much top of the line shit for everything. I didn't see him until half way through the game and from then on, he was "godlike" or whatever.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
level 21?
you're already level 10?

3v3 or 5v5?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Avoid playing 3x3. I hate that crap. >_> If you're going to do it, never solo queue. You want people you can communicate with via TS or Skype or whatnot. Either that or you have to make sure all of your teammates are perfectly map aware, and that's pretty much impossible at lower levels. 90% of levels 30s are not that map aware, either. Ganks happen way too quickly in that map. :P

Rep:
Level 83
I have found nice groups playing solo. Most don't talk, which is a problem sometimes, but others I have found, are simply great.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
http://image.bayimg.com/badljaadh.jpg
Ahaha first game playing with Grafikal and Redyugi. It's so fun stomping low levels by bringing in lower levels into your team. 8D

OH, I remembered what I was going to say that I thought while the screen was loading for this game: All you lower level people, do NOT get Heal or Revive. They're pretty terrible. Revive is very situational but is still pretty terrible. 10 minute cooldown is not worth it. As for heal, it's just not worth it. If you really need to heal, get an HP potion. You'll heal enough/the same/more (?) if you use a potion, and you'll have space for another summoner spell.

Spoiler for Quick Summoner Spell Evaluation:
I highly recommend Ghost for those that need to run away or chase down people often.

I highly recommend Exhaust for sooo many reasons. You can reduce so much damage. If you think about it, the damage you reduce with Exhaust is almost certain to be more than you heal with Heal. Of course, if they just run, they end up doing no damage.

Teleport is also really great. You become very mobile, and if you tend to die a lot early game, you can teleport back often and reduce the walking time.

Cleanse is good for squishy carries to escape quick.

Fortify is great but mostly for supports and jungle-supports.

Smite is for junglers only, really. Don't get it until you're a high summoner level because you won't have the right masteries/runes to jungle properly.

Clarity is great especially when you lane with someone who uses mana (duh). It's much more viable than heal is and can be considered! However, if you can get Mana Regen per Level seals, it's much better and you free up that summoner spell space.

Ignite is good, but it's pretty limited if not in Draft Mode because you don't know if someone on the other  team has a healing ability or not. It's still pretty good.

Rally is pretty good, but I've never used it. But it's hard to use properly. VERY hard.

Flash is awesome. It's one of the most used summoner spells and for a good reason. Not as good as it used to be, but it's great for escaping, initiating, etc. ("etc." as in not much more, but still! lol).

Oh, and Redyugi, Grafikal, and I have made use of the RMRK chatroom anyways. :3
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:15:31 AM by Master Moo »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
403 forbidden

Summoner spells depend on the character and your playstyle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I read the end results wrong. He was lvl 18, but he had 21 kills or w/e.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh pfffft, Idk where else to upload >> w/e

EDIT: Okay, uploaded because I remembered about tinypic
Spoiler for:

And though summoner spells depend on character and playstyle, you still should not be using Heal/Revive.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Unless they're all you have.

Rep:
Level 83
Moo was destroying and Graf and I were dying.. It was sort of funny.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
> Moo is level 30
> Graf started today
> random 5v5, likely to get people above Graf's but below Moo's level due to matchmaking algorithms
> blatantly unfair matchup

;o

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol all i did was beat on the dragon the entire match pretty much. then i got help near the end, then i actually had to do things, but the other team surrendered :C

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yeah surrenders are lame.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's pretty fun actually. I've started to get decent with Warrick [sp], one of the starter summons.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's pretty fun actually. I've started to get decent with Warrick [sp], one of the starter summons.

Warwick, and he's not a 'starter summon', he's just free this week.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh. lol. well I have him or w/e

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Unless they're all you have.
Exhaust, Ghost, and Teleport are available to you at level 1.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Oh. lol. well I have him or w/e

You purchased Warwick?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Nah. It's like 1 of 8 summons I'm able to use. I just assumed I had him at the start. I havent bought anything except for 1 rune thing.

Rep:
Level 83
I got called a noob by my team for not being able to hold out against 3 champs.... I play Fiddlesticks, he isn't a tank, so how am I a noob? lol. People are stupid some times.

I find that people think casters are supposed to hold out like that, even though they don't have the health or armor for it. I don't understand it

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol

my team didn't do a whole lot. I ended up with 6k gold and over 55% life steal :o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I got called a noob by my team[...]

Low  levels tend to suck for that

Nah. It's like 1 of 8 summons I'm able to use. I just assumed I had him at the start. I havent bought anything except for 1 rune thing.

There's a few free champs every week and they rotate out, Warwick won't be available next week unless you purchase him.  Also don't buy Tier 1 or 2 runes, wait until level 20 to buy runes, the Tier 1 and 2 aren't worth the IP they cost.  Spend IP on characters that you like instead, or just stockpile it.

It's going to cost me 19,065 IP to get a full Tier 3 rune set page, I'm wishing I'd saved more.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I got called a noob by my team for not being able to hold out against 3 champs.... I play Fiddlesticks, he isn't a tank, so how am I a noob? lol. People are stupid some times.

I find that people think casters are supposed to hold out like that, even though they don't have the health or armor for it. I don't understand it
Reading your post, it seems like a tower was probably being pushed or something. You should have simply let the tower fall and ran away. If it was a point where there were three of them and your team wasn't coming (or would be too late), it's best to let the tower fall instead of dying along with that. Sometimes it's better to do counter-intuitive things like running into the enemy tower if it means your team's carry or two teammates are able to survive or to let the tower just fall instead of trying to protect it.

Of course, if this wasn't the case, meh.

However, I've heard people say Tier 1 runes are worth the VERY cheap IP (but not Tier 2) they cost and can serve you well at below-level 20's and fill in space once you reach level 20 while you're still in the process of getting your Tier 2 runes. Personally, I didn't do this, but it's a viable option. If you're willing to hold out, though, you'll actually see that you can buy maybe one or two Tier 3 runes with the IP spent on a full page of Tier 1 runes. If you're into it, I'd recommend Tier 1 runes, but it's perfectly fine to not get them.

Spoiler for Tier 3 Runes to get:
If you feel like reading this, it's a VERY strong recommendation for what tier 3 runes you should at least start out with.

Flat Health Quints are pretty dang nice. They work for casters, tanks, and AD carries; 100 extra health to start with is simply amazing.
For marks, you're going to want magic/armor penetration. You'll pretty much use them for everyone but tanks (but even some tanks use them).
For seals, Mana Regen per Level are amazing. If you ever find yourself running out of mana often but don't want to get mana carries (such as Manamune; this occurs often with many AD carries), this is the answer to your prayers :P
For glyphs, CDR (flat or per level) are pretty nice as well as magic resist (flat or per level).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:44:14 PM by Master Moo »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Manamune is awesome on some characters like Ashe, I get that and just spam the shit out of volley late game, people don't know what happened.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, but if you get the mana regen runes, you have space for one more item. This seems obvious, but rather than Manamune, you can get a better DPS item. I mean, if you don't have the runes yet, Manamune is a perfectly fine item (as well is mana management). The only person I can see using Manamune as a staple is really AD Ezreal.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Might I ask if there's discrepancies between playing a game of bots versus a random game in terms of getting IP out of it?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Might I ask if there's discrepancies between playing a game of bots versus a random game in terms of getting IP out of it?

you get less XP and IP for a custom game, but the amounts of the People vs AI matches haven't been released yet.

Yeah, but if you get the mana regen runes, you have space for one more item. This seems obvious, but rather than Manamune, you can get a better DPS item. I mean, if you don't have the runes yet, Manamune is a perfectly fine item (as well is mana management). The only person I can see using Manamune as a staple is really AD Ezreal.

I find it really depends on playstyle in all honesty, no number of mp5 runes are going to give you the volley-spam that one manamune gives.  There's flexibility with all of these choices after all.

Rep:
Level 83
Ryze = porcelain cannon.
I love using him, but when they realize how much damage I can do, they kill me first. lol. Which is easy, for the lack of health/armor

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
same with me and Annie.

Rep:
Level 98
Made 71 IP in a full, 4x4 custom match with myself and 7 bots. Played a real game, won again, made 284 IP.

Huh.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you get a first win of the day bonus only on normal matches, not on custom games.

Rep:
Level 87
Did they fix getting a 100% reduced IP gain for playing custom matches with more bots than actual players?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, you're not allowed to play games with uneven teams ever. It's not a bug.

And @ the Manamune thing: I'll end this debate here just saying that it could be a playstyle thing, but the use of Manamune on a majority of the champions is less than optimal; there's a reason why the top elo players rarely get Manamune.

Rep:
Level 87
I did not claim it as a bug. I just think it really shitty to get penalized like that for beating a team with more players than you. Even if they are A.I., getting penalized 100% is a little bit much.

I understand that they don't want people farming A.I. matches to get levels, it's just something I personally dislike.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
No, you're not allowed to play games with uneven teams ever. It's not a bug.

And @ the Manamune thing: I'll end this debate here just saying that it could be a playstyle thing, but the use of Manamune on a majority of the champions is less than optimal; there's a reason why the top elo players rarely get Manamune.

to clarify I never said majority.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
@Redwyn: You should play normal games, anyways. It's a lot harder to improve if you're only playing custom games; they should be reserved mainly for just playing a champion for the first time or testing out a jungle path. Plus normal games will never set you up with an uneven team to begin with.

And having less bots or more bots on the other team is still an advantage for you. Either you're able to farm freely or you're able to get massive amounts of kills and speed up the game. If it's with players, you probably won't win a 4v5, but even if you do, you should still realize it's not just you playing but the other team had an immense advantage to begin with which should be discouraged in the first place.

@NAMKCOR: k then. Ashe is a part of that majority, though. But feel free to do w/e while you still don't have all your runes and stuff

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@NAMKCOR: k then. Ashe is a part of that majority, though. But feel free to do w/e while you still don't have all your runes and stuff

I'll feel free to whenever I want.  Don't get me wrong, good players are good players, but fucked if I think ELO means anything other than their playstyle works for them.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
What the fuck. Somebody had mother fucking Cthulhu... and won. Obviously.

Rep:
Level 83
I dislike this week's free people. Mainly cause the 2 I bought are free for the week but...
It is going to be a tough week too. lol

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't have much competition with the champ i bought as compared to this weeks freebies, so it's going to be easy for me, UNLESS FUCKING CTHULHU JUMPS AT YOU

Rep:
Level 98
I still don't know which champ to buy. I'm reaching the second tier of IP and I still play with free ones. Continue going to my favorite Champ (Cho'gath) or cave?

Rep:
Level 98
Cho is also a third tier of IP price, costing like 3600 IP or something.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, Cthulhu

Also, I bought Tryndamere. He's a bit of a hardass. It takes a lot to kill him and he hits like a truck. A fast truck if I buy AtkSpd things.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Cho is also a third tier of IP price, costing like 3600 IP or something.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I still don't know which champ to buy. I'm reaching the second tier of IP and I still play with free ones. Continue going to my favorite Champ (Cho'gath) or cave?
When you start out/have little IP, I recommend playing free champions and buying them as the week's rotation ends to make sure you don't spend your IP on a champion that you find out that you don't like. Sure, it might get kind of boring playing the same person over and over and over and over again, but you'll eventually want to go back to him/her especially if you know do well with that champ.

I also recommended this to grafikal/redyugi: read through the champion's skills on the LoL site or at mobafire to see what each champ does. Then you can see what kind of champion you want to buy. If not, you at least learn a little about the other champions' skills to help you in the future.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Anski's been playing for a while, he's a pretty good Cho.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
My goal of this is to not be the best or to actually care about this game. It's strictly a way for me to pass time, so I could care less as to what I spend IP or w/e on.

Rep:
Level 83
Bumping for awesome.

The Ryze buff was amazing. Basing his abilities on mana makes games awesome. I am usually the one with the highest kills.
Co-op mode is nice. It allows me to test strategies better then custom.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Ay, this is my game. Fiddlesticks is my homedog

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
I can't play. The launcher does not work

Rep:
Level 83
I can't play. The launcher does not work
Well uninstall and install again. Or don't play.
It works for me and Moo

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well uninstall and install again. Or don't play.
It works for me and Moo
And tens of thousands of other people in the world. zzz

Virgin 4 Lyfe
Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
I've done it several times. It used to work on this pc untill I unistalled it once. DAMN. CURSE YOU LOL!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bump (VERY old bump... I can't believe it's been 9 months since the last post in this topic was made) because I wanted to brag a little:

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
So, my rating is 1971 and that puts me at ~top 400 (though you can't see me on the online ladders right now because they take some time to update zzz). I just felt like bragging because I've never been this good at anything - at least relative to others - in my life or if I have, I have something that quantifies it.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
-raises this topic from the dead-

Alright, I know this hasn't been posted in, in quite some time, but are there any active players here still? I just started a month or so ago, summoner name is digitalsoul88

Add me, play a game, etc. I usually play Annie, but I've been messing with some other characters lately too. Hope to see at least some of you there.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
If anyone wants to play, I'm here :)
Eat + Sleep + Play + Repeat

https://www.mixcloud.com/rawdstream/

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
league of casuals