RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shadow-problem?!

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Hi all

I recently change from RMVX to RMXP.
My question is this;
I've just merged 2 RTP tilesets using this guide http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/tutorial_resource9.shtml and Paint Shop Pro 9.

And it worked great, the only problem I have now is, that the shadow on the trees are different!! This is what it looks like now :(

The 2 trees and the tent on the top is from the original tileset (001-Grassland01) and the 2 trees on the bottom are from the tileset I wanted to merge (002-Wood01).

How do I make the tree shadows the same color?! Needless to say, the bottom trees' shadows doesn't look good on the map... :(

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
When you import the graphic through the Materials editor, right-click the shadow color and left-click the background color.

I'm guessing the tilesets you merged had different colors for their shadows. If that's the case just grab the colour of one and change the others so that they are all the same colour

RMRK Junior
When you import the graphic through the Materials editor, right-click the shadow color and left-click the background color.
I've tried that, but the shadows are still different in color.

I'm guessing the tilesets you merged had different colors for their shadows. If that's the case just grab the colour of one and change the others so that they are all the same colour
How to do that exactly? I tried using the "Color Replacer Tool" in PSP, so that all the shadows had the same color - but then I found out, that some bridge tiles got messed up, because I replaced their colors with an other... The attachments should show what that looked like; image 1 is before I made all the shadows the same color and 2 is after.

So, what do you suggest I should do?

RMRK Junior
So you're saying, open up the edited/merged tileset in Paint and fill in the wholes on the bridges tiles with their original color?

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
No, fill the shadows in so they're all the same color.

RMRK Junior
Okay, hm.. And how do you propose I do that? I know you wrote
Color picker and flood fill on MS paint.

But does that mean I have to outline every single shadow before I can fill it?

[EDIT:] Okay, now I've used the filler on every single shadow on the tileset - it worked, so thanks for that  :P But isn't there an easier way to do this??
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:08:23 AM by Toasty »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Generally, you won't need to, and when you do the color-switcher tool will probably work (assuming I know what you are talking about).

The fact that it messed up the bridge is a problem, but that's just a problem with the colours in that tileset - probably the reason they were different colors to begin with was because of the bridge.

RMRK Junior
I'm just gonna do the color fill thing, because it works great for me, and I'm quite fast at it, so that is no problem :)

I guess you can close this topic, if you do that in this place :)

Thank you both very much for your helpful inputs :D