RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
{solved thanks to rodney XP}

Rep:
Level 73
Flipping sausage with game and watch is a pastime!
Okay, basically, my game is supposed to begin with a cutscene. I have an auto start event that turns on a switch for my dialogue event. When the dialogue is done, it is supposed to change the variable to 1 so that the first event cant be redone and it turns on the switch to event 2 which moves the player. At the end of the second switch, its supposed to turn off the first switch for the dialogue. No matter what events i put after that to stop the character from moving work, and he keeps getting stuck on his bookcase. I even tried taking out the whole move event and switching off the event that does the dialogue, but even that doesnt work and the character keeps saying the same thing over and over and the player cant move. PLEASE HELP ME!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:25:00 PM by ramon24bullet »

Rep:
Level 73
I thought it would be easier to answer the question if you saw what i was trying to do:P

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Ok so your problem seems pretty easy to fix. First of all your using several different events for the intro. In my experience its always better just to use one for a particular thing. Okay first set the page with the switch that turns on the dialogue. Then make a new page on that same event that requires the switch for the dialogue to be turned on. Once you have your dialogue filled out then have your variable and switch turn on like you have it. Then make another page on that same event for the start switch1 exactly as you have it except you should not have to make an off switch for the dialogue. Then for the page page for the switch 2 just leave it blank. Then when the hero touches that other event it should work.

Just note that I have no experience with 2003 or 2000 but the major problem is when something is put on auto run it will repeat the event unless you have a switch set to go on to another page.

I hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:12:18 PM by rodney628 »
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

Rep:
Level 73
YES!! thanks bro, i never would have guessed it would be that easy to fix :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
No problem I'm just glade I could help.
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details