RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RPGXP) Kaethos -The Dark Ages-

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Creator of Kaethos

Kaethos Book of Lore
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Paxian_PF/topic/6894883/1/
Spoiler for (New)Book of Kaethos Lore Contents:
Races:
Demons
Dragons
Ancient Dragons
Elven Racial Differences

Regions:
Remense Region
Charred Valley
Legion Point
Ruins of the Tunka Kingdom

Settlements and Fortresses
City of Wolveshaven(Part of the Wolveshaven region)

Religions:
Shadows of the Old Tales.

Events/battles:
The Red Moon
Lament of the Kurop Part 1
Battle of the Rift Part 1

Pantheon:
Current Gods of the Pantheon
The first four Guardians

Famous Relics and Objects
Lifebinder
Terra Crystal

Magic schools
Origin of Magic

Characters:
Wolfie Proudwing
Princess Lara Rose
Elexa the DragonQueen
Regent Lord Uther
Phyron Percyrus (Shadow Max's Character)
Nocturne Sanctus (Beastwarrior Nocturne's character)
Aaron Rith (Leb's Character)
Valerie 'Val' Castell (Ragnorra's character)
Vacaro Calrori and Vox Vindex (Captain Sappy's characters)
Jaina Leader of the Tunka Survivors

Organizations
Brotherhood(GoP)

Dimensions
Shadow World

RP Character backgrounds
Aaron Rith's background
Phyron Percyrus's background
Valerie 'Val' Castell's background
Nocturne Sanctus' background
Vacaro Calrori's background part 1

Rated F for Fantasy

Notice: I'm looking for anybody who can draw battlers for my characters, you will be credited within the game and probably have your own npc as a thank you.

Spoiler for (UPDATED)Plot:
Spoiler for Summery:
A dark power has corrupted the fields of Elysium and has assumed control of the Kurop race. Only a small number have escape this fate and has hidden themselves among the mortal races of Kaethos. Meanwhile an emperor's slow decent into madness sparks a rebellion against the empire. History repeats itself as the fight for the freedom of a nation turns into a global fight for survival.

Spoiler for Story:
You take control of one of the four kurop Guardians who is known as Wolfie Proudwing, protector of a magical relic called The Well of Life. His duties to the pantheon takes a deadly turn when Elysium is invaded by a race known as the Garitia. With the Garitia a corruption unseen before turn the kurop race against each other. Elysium is lost to the Garitia and Corrupted Kurop hordes. Wolfie however survives the battle and falls to the kaethos world wounded and ill. Little does he know that the event would spark a bigger conflict which will be driven by the Elderon empire who have allied themselves with the power behind the Elysium invasion and the fall of the Kurop race. Wolfie must balance his duty to the pantheon and unite with his mortal friends to free kaethos from the dark tides coming. The cry for freedom has never been louder.

Spoiler for Characters:

Spoiler for Wolfie Proudwing:
Name: Wolfie Proudwing
Race: Kurop
Height: 6’10’
Weight: 299 lbs
Alignment: Neutral Good
Kingdom Alignment: Wolveshaven
Class: Paladin
Appearance: (Plan to give him a brown cloak which he uses to his his appearance. Also plan to added some faded angelic wings to represent his hollow wings racial ability.
Equipment:
Lifebinder - An enchanted long sword forged by the fires of the dragon queen, its beautiful design comes from many years pasts. Rumours say its the key to life's deepest questions. But to Wolfie its a strong weapon with sentimental value given to him by his predecessor Ventures.

Whistle of Elysian: An item issued to all Kurop agents. It allows them to summon their celestial steed which allows them to travel to the Pantheon and the two realms of the underworld.

Abilities:

Holy judgement: Wolfie channels powerful magic into the lifebinder and unleashes it with the swing of the blade, the energy is released from the blade like a powerful beam of magic. This is his greatest arsenal in his skill set with deadly and useful results. One time he used this to slow decent from a nasty fall. (Offensive/Magic)

Holy Spear: Channelling magic to Wolfie’s weapon causing it too morph into a spear of pure light magic and then throws it at the target. Thankfully it returns afterwards and morphs back into its normal form. (Range/offensive)

Five swords of blinding light: Sending a ball of light in the sky, it burst into 5 swords of pure light magic above target and then falls towards the target. Because of the inaccuracy this ability works best against groups of enemies, because of the bigger numbers of targets to hit. (Magic/offensive)

Holy might: Powerful strike of holy power imbued in the weapon. (Melee/Offensive)

Meditation: Enters a state of meditation too recover MP and HP, loud noises may disrupt the process. (Healing/magic)

Minor combat abilities: Swordsmanship, street fighter and magic control.

Racial abilities: These abilities are known to all of the same race.

Rune Teleport:  Wolfie has four runes tattoo on his back which every Kurop in existence also share, he writes those same runes on the ground around him, he then stands in the middle and channels magic right into them. All those standing within 60 yards will be teleported. A mage can increase the power of the teleportation by entering a meditation state; they then channel their magic towards the runes.  With Wolfie’s magic alone he can teleport a small house or a large group of people (he uses this too move the well of life). It takes two hundred mages to gather enough magical energy to move an entire city. Only Kurop can follow a recent teleportation by grabbing on to the temporary reality scar which is left by the teleportation. This of course closes up after a short while. Recently Dwafern science have came up with a device to keep the scar open and allow other races to travel through them.

Hollow wings: Angelic wings that symbolises the race. They can only be seen in the darkness and can also only be felt at night as well. They aren't built for flying but for gliding and traveling through dimensions. This allows them to enter realms like the elemental plains and the Pantheon.

Strengths, personality and history:Wolfie is a battle hardened Paladin who was a hero in his time. He died in the battle of Falcon's reach near the end of the second titan war. His determination, loyalty and his heart paved the way for him to become a Kurop. He inherited Ventures' role as Guardian of life when the titan war ended. Being the Guardian of life he is constantly tormented of horrors from his past. Just one of the curses of being a kurop he has no destiny and doesn't have the will to defy the Pantheon. Wolfie is a man of duty and loyalty but is willing to put everything on the line for his friends.

Weakness: Because of the recent taint of the Elysian fields, all surviving Kurop free from corruption sometimes mess up their spells. Also Wolfie takes more damage against darkness attacks then any other and also suffers more damage from those who wield mysterious (Zura) stones.

Notes: Wolfie has many nicknames that refer to his role and class. Those being... Paladin, Lifebinder,  Life's most trusted child and the silent guardian. These were earned by his role and his deeds in many years past.

Spoiler for Princess Lara Rose:
Name: Lara Rose
Race: Wood Elf
Height: 5'8"ft
Weight: 132lb.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Kingdom Alignment: As'lera
Class: Druid
Appearance:
Equipment:

Staff of As'lera: A symbol of her royal heritage, this oak crafted staff is connected to the hearts and spirits of the Wood elven people. it's even honored more then the royal family.

Terra Crystal: A piece of enchanted crystal from a larger relic in As'lera. Nature itself will rise to protect the wielder of this crystal symbolizing their connection with mother nature.

Abilities:

Wrath: Blasts the target with nature magic.

Moonlight Surge: Lara fuses the power of the moon and nature, launching a devastating blast of energy at her target.

Force of nature: She calls on the spirits of the land summoning three treants to her side.

Healing Touch: Healing a friendly target with the blessing of nature.

Flight Form: Lara can shapeshift into a raven. While in this form she cannot use any Offensive or healing abilities.

Strengths and Personality: Soft spoken and kind at heart, Lara is the princess of As'lera. She is often concerned about her people's wellbeing and goes out to solve the problems personally despite her father wishes. She has much to prove because theres never been a female successor to the throne and the people doubt her ability to lead, specially her father. Despite her vast knowledge with druid magic she lacks the control needed to channel such power without the aid of the Terra Crystal. She is also handy with the bow and arrow.

Weaknesses: Primely a spell caster and healer she has no skill whatsoever in melee combat. She also risks losing control over her magic if she isn't wearing her Terra crystal.

Spoiler for Kingdoms:
The Kingdom of Doran - The Iron Wall of the continent no foreign power has ever invaded these lands successfully and the Empire of Elderon failed once before. Like to stay out of other kingdom’s issues they act as an arms seller, often creating the best weapons throughout the continent, the empire buys their weapons from this kingdom as part of the peace treaty made almost thirty years ago when the empire first invaded.
Race Majority: Dwarfs

Kingdom of StormHaven – A free human nation, these guys take pride in their navy and are determined to build up their navy to challenge the empire’s own navy force. They recently suffered an attempted invasion by the empire, who was worried of the nation’s growing navy power. The aftermath caused great destruction within the kingdom and 3/4s of stormhaven’s navy was burned at their ports. The nation is currently rebuilding its army and navy.
Race Majority: Humans

Remanse Republic – A desert nation, the inhabitants of this republic are mysterious. They have powerful Calvary force which mostly consists of light armoured units. People around the continent come here before they bid too explore the Dragon Isles, unknowingly dragons in human form roam this nation. Recently the republic has fallen into hostile times and now each human tribe war with each other.

Empire of Elderon – Their lands stretch from one side of the continent to the other, its armies are powerful and its intentions renewed. Probably the most dominate force ever to exist in the known world. Trusts runs thin in this empire as the emperor’s generals plan to overthrow the Emperor, will their plan succeed?

Kingdom of As’lera – A nation separated physically by its own druids, the nation is ruled by the wood elf clan. Along with the Blood elves and Ebon elves they are waiting for a sign of weakness from the empires part. Believing that its occupation of the mainland is wrong, its determined too see the empire fall.
Race Majority: Elves

Wolveshaven – A province of the empire, the population is it a growing unrest. Once a kingdom, they surrendered to protect its own people and the survivors of the tunka kingdom from invasion.
Race Majority: Humans/Tunkas

Spoiler for Unique Races:
Kurop - Spirits of fallen heroes who died in honourable combat, chosen from the plains of the Elysian Fields by the Kaethos Pantheon, they act as Jailors of the deadliest enemies or powerful objects that can make worlds anew and they act as Guardian spirits protecting those of importance to the Kaethos Pantheon; I.E Wolfie was in charge to protect the newly chosen god of evil, until she was ready to ascend too the Pantheon. (This is just an examples of their duties)

Tunkas are cat like humans, they have a cat tail for females and lion tail for males and they also have ears like cats and big cats. They have great agility and swiftness, nomads and loyal friends to Lord Uther and the Wolvehaven province in the empire. They wish to see Wolveshaven free from the Empire and support them with their Assassins and Rangers.

Spoiler for Idea for intro before titlescreen:
A royal messenger entered the dark and dingy hallway which lead to the fabled chambers of the Emperor. On his way, the messenger was overshadowed by a vast array of paintings. Emperors long gone, glorious scenes of victory from the Empire's past. He stopped when he noticed the great wooden door which sealed the rest of the world from the Emperor's private life. It was open slightly and the light from inside was gushing through.

The messenger approached the door and looked through the gap. He saw a room covered in candles and every single one of them was lit and burning brightly, banishing the shadows from the room. Other than the obvious lighting, the room was mostly bare. It was stripped days ago on the Emperor's orders and the only furniture that remained was the bed and a tall chair that stared out at the window. The messenger's eyes widened as the Emperor who was hiding in the chair started tapping the arm uncontrollably. Nervously the messenger knocked on the door twice and the emperor ushered him in with a hand gesture.

"Close the door" the Emperor commanded with his booming voice

The messenger closed the door as he entered and headed towards the emperor quickly. He was so nervous all he wanted was to get it over and done with. The uncanny ambiance was even effecting the emperor, his eyes were bloodshot and his stare was emotionless but he made the effect to gaze towards the messenger. Just as the messenger was going to open his mouth the emperor interrupted.

"Do you see them?" the Emperor asked quietly?
"See what" The messenger stuttered
"The shadows" the emperor answered staring blindly towards the messenger. And he frowned at the messenger's reaction.

"Do you take me for a fool boy?" The Emperor shouted as he stood out of his seat to confront the messenger. "The shadows from the old tales." The emperor stood back rubbing his eyes and fell into his seat.

"Emperor? I've come to tell you that the royal guard is ready and waiting for deployment." the Messenger stated clearly for him to hear.

The Emperor stared at the messenger in response to the message, he then sighed quietly and slumped further in his seat.

"Tell them that we march for Wolveshaven at dawn. You're dismissed" he said clearly.

The messenger felt relieved as this whole moment would soon be over. He went exit the room but stopped to make a small glance to the chair the emperor was sitting in and left the door open slightly. The emperor was staring out the window in the comfort of his seat. His tapping getting louder...

"The Sun will rise up uncontested tomorrow, but from that day onward we will all live in shadows. The children of the stars will fall under the light of the red moon...What have I done..."

Spoiler for World Map:

Spoiler for (UPDATED)Layout Maps:
All layout maps here are areas you will visit in the game.
Spoiler for (New)Varietas isle:
Spoiler for (New)Zenathar Isle(Misty Isle):
Spoiler for Wolveshaven City:

Spoiler for Related Videos:

Spoiler for (UPDATED)Screenshots of Map zone or game in general:
Key:
Incomplete = (IC)
Complete = (C)
Other = (Other)

Spoiler for (IC)(Updated)Uther's Fortress Map:
Spoiler for (IC)(New)Uther's WarRoom):
Spoiler for (Other) Kaethos Title Screen:
Spoiler for (C)(Updated)Emperor's hallway:
Spoiler for (Other) Chapter 1: Lament of the Kurop:

Spoiler for (New)Possible Features:
Open ended game(Many choices that will change the course of the story, so it will be different everytime you replay it)
Book of Kaethos Lore in game(Everytime you meet a new person, explore a new location or see new monsters this will update automatically and give a bit of lore behind them)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:42:36 PM by Capn Wolfe »

Creator of Kaethos
City of Wolveshaven is the starting area where the story begins. Currently working on the maps for the city which the future demo will take place in.

Here's the plan layout of the city on the surface level.

Spoiler for:

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
This game seems rather interesting. For one I like how you have unique races and those races have unique abilities. I cant really comment on the plot as there is not really a whole lot there. As far as the two characters you posted though I really like what your doing with them and their bios seem interesting and in a fantasy world believable I'm just wandering if those are gonna be the only characters that you get in your party? Your intro before your title screen looks good to I really like the emperors quote. Next your world map seems fine as far as shape but I would post some screen shots of your mapping as soon as you can unless you feel conformable with your mapping. This is just an idea though you don't have to follow it but you might want to post some unique things about your game like stuff that makes it different from most other games like a night-day system for example or blacksmiths you don't have to tell us everything but it might help if you posted a few. 
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

Creator of Kaethos
The plot above was just me trying to simplify a storyline which has been developed over many years. But what I've describe above is just an echo of bigger events. In the future I will try to elobrate on the plot to try and pull people in. It's not simply a story about freedom, it goes beyond.

There will be more characters, the actual roster is quite large. And if I do the same thing with every character like I did with Wolfie Proudwing(Male Protagonist) and Lara(female Protagonist) then it will take me a few months. So don't suspect any more bios like those two.

I found this face-picture of another character.
Spoiler for:

Name: Arthur
He will take part in the demo and is one of the main supporting characters. He is loyal friend to Uther the Regent Lord of Wolveshaven and supports their efforts against the Empire.

And thanks, its good to hear that I'm getting something right. I will be posting screen shots soon, just making sure I finish them first in my mapping standards before I show you guys. :) And what makes the game unique? I don't know really to be honest, its not like any game feature I come up with hasn't been done before. But I'm planning to have an open ending for the game. So you may play the whole game numerous times and get different endings.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 07:48:13 PM by Capn Wolfe »

Creator of Kaethos
Most of my current maps are still in construction, so I can't really show any screen shots at the moment. But to show I'm actually making progress, here's a screen shot of the Uther's Fortress Zone map. If you want to know where about it resides in the city, there's a layout which shows which zone maps will be connected where in the OP.

Even though its not a completed map I think you can tell what my mapping style will be like from this screen shot alone. Any tips are welcome of course.

Spoiler for Uther's fortress Zone map(Work in progress):

I haven't added much greenery yet like tall grass, plants for example. I will in the finish product.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:23:46 PM by Capn Wolfe »

Creator of Kaethos
So I attempted to make Princess Lara rose sprite today and this is my result. Advice and any tips are welcomed.

I enhanced the image on this one.
Spoiler for Princess Lara Rose:

And this one is the normal size

Spoiler for:

Creator of Kaethos
First post updated and more organised. 8)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
The sprite looks okay there is just one small thing in her bio it says that she has a Terra Crystal; you might want to add that to her just to give her a more in game look that matches her bio especially if it is what keeps her powers under control. This will also be helpful if she ever loses the Terra Crystal throughout the story line.
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

Creator of Kaethos
I think about it.
Spoiler for:
She loses it early on
So I don't think its worth editing in a small necklace with a green rock at the end.

Oh yea, I've got a book of lore thread on another forum which is a work in progress. If anybody thinks its a good idea to bring it on this thread I will do so.

Creator of Kaethos
Added a notice to the first post, if you want to offer any assistance then please PM. I will be grateful for any contribution. It's not a full blown recruitment, if it was I be posting in the correct forum. :)

Creator of Kaethos
Finally finish a character sheet seen in my signature.

This is meant to be the new wolfie sprite.
Spoiler for wolfieproudwing(Paladin Armour):
Spoiler for normal view:
Spoiler for Enchanced view:

Creator of Kaethos
New Screenshot added.

This is progress towards the ideal intro. Further information about what I'm basing my intro is in the first post.

Creator of Kaethos
I've been ill recently and not much work has been done since I've last posted. But finally I can show you guys a project of mine. Other then the game of course.
http://s15.zetaboards.com/Paxian_PF/topic/6894883/1/ Kaethos book of lore. Which is currently a work in progress. But please go check it out if your interested in this game project already.

I will add this to the first post
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:06:01 PM by Capn Wolfe »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Shaping up to be quite nice, its clear you've put some effort into this!

Creator of Kaethos
Gracie@ Thanks, this project is a long time coming. Hopefully you all will enjoy it when its gets done.

Just to keep you guys happy and well fed until I next update heres a rough picture of something I intend to implant throughout the game. Chapter breaks.

Spoiler for click for new picture:

Added to the first post

Creator of Kaethos
So the weekend I tend to put more time into progressing this game. So suspect more updates this weekend. Anyway here is a picture of me trying to get the regions of the current known areas on the map.
Spoiler for Region working on map:

Creator of Kaethos
Updates. Lovely Updates, we all love Updates don't we? :D

Updates to the sections in the first thread include...

1:Layout Maps

2:Screenshots

3:Plot/story

4:Book of Lore Contents(Check it out to see whats currently in the book. It will be updated along with any updates in the book)

5: Notice, I've changed it for what I need help with. I'm not the best of artist and need somebody who can draw to make battlers for my custom characters.

Also just a few examples of what features I'm looking to put in.
Spoiler for Possible Features:
Open ended game(Many choices that will change the course of the story, so it will be different everytime you replay it)
Book of Kaethos Lore in game(Everytime you meet a new person, explore a new location or see new monsters this will update automatically and give a bit of lore behind them)

EDIT: Oh yea changed Wolfie's character appearance without cape. You can also see him in my signature. The golden plated armour (psst its not actual gold)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:29:17 PM by Capn Wolfe »